Writers Corner

Love, as it used to be. A OS

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

..KaJenDelena..

..KaJenDelena..

Posted: 04 May 2012 at 7:08am | IP Logged

Love, as it used to be.

He smiled. Yet the feeling that once stubbornly caved underneath the beat of her heart, refused to budge. His eyes blanketed a thin layer of water but she found herself refuting to hold him in her arms. His teary eyes were like a drop of water into the ocean, it made no difference to her. No difference at all.

The brightly lit room slowly begun to mirror that of a midnight dungeon and it was there her heartbeats paced itself to normalcy in his presence. She felt numb, lifeless and yet his shrill baby blues eyes pleaded her to speak, to understand. There was a flicker of movement in her as her trembling hands tightened its hold on the half-closed door. And yet she couldn't bring herself to entirely close the door. 

He didn't speak but opened his mouth like a dying fish suffocating out of breath but in each instance when he tried, he always swallowed back his words. She found herself falling deeper into the shred of hope that hanged loosely behind those blue eyes, wanting to believe him. But it did not affect her nor did it compel her as years before.

Her eyes slowly dropped to the golden circle entwined in his finger and then slowly back to his sunken face.  He looked like an orphan child, deprived of anything that life had once found important but her heart did not pity him. She had grown cold, so cold that no hammer could break the ice that surrounded her heart... the very same fragile heart he had shattered a year ago.

His eyes bore into hers stringing a message, one she did not want to read... one she refused to believe. Her lips tightened together in a sudden aguish of pain as the memories of them splashed back in her mind. She had forgotten how in love she was with him and... h-how wounded he had left her.

"I broke it off." He finally managed to choke. The melancholy laced in his voice did not go unnoticed by her but it did not change anything. Instead it hurt more, much more than she was willing to admit to herself.

Her throat had gone dry without a reason but she was used to surprises by now. The way he looked at her made the ice within her melt as it implanted the notion of just maybe forgiving him. It would be easier then... for all of them. A pair of 7 year old artic blue orbs flashed into her mind in that instance and she found herself falling weak to the glistening memories of her family. The boy needs his father.

He stepped closer, her body twitched and like the sands on the outskirts of the shore that was grasped by waves and thrown into the deep end of the water, her heart sank low to the pit of her stomach. Instead of embracing his action, of falling into his arms, her hand tightened its hold on the door, seconds away from closing it shut. He must have seen the fear that clothed her sight as his steps halted to an abrupt stop, suddenly wary of his actions.   

"I didn't love her, it didn't mean anything you know that. Believe me I have changed." He pleaded.

She shook her head as his words burned her skin like a shower of acid. She had trusted him, loved him for 11 years and that is all he could say. All he wanted to say to her. She felt cold all of sudden as though a bucket ice tripped down her spine. Nothing had changed. He was still a weak man and she proud and in between pride and irresolute she wasn't willing to ruin her son's life.

He was clad in shades of black and grey, with eyes as blue as the sea and hair as dark as raven, standing tall and yet begging for her forgiveness. She felt her eyes water and her chest rise and fall as the urge to cry engulfed her.This was the very same man she had loved years before.

Her fingers once more tightened its hold on the door, moving it closer to her body. His eyes closed tight, perhaps he did know her best because it was then he made her decision easy. He knew her answer before she did. She bowed down her head and shut tight the door.

Time had changed everything... even her.

I am really loving this writers corner thing, I am no stranger to the DMG section of FF's/ OS/ or SS but in here everything is so compelling and new that its exciting! I love writing my own characters without restrcitions and hope that you enjoy it too.

Ps; I purposely not included names, thought you guys could imagine whom ever you wish.

Priyanka. ;)

Edited by ..KaJenDelena.. - 07 May 2012 at 12:12am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

NinaAriefjaneniroopaBreak.The.CodeThe-VoiceAmeresIsee

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Love, as it used to be. A OS" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Isee

IF-Stunnerz

Isee

Posted: 04 May 2012 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
very very nice OS.. loved it.. you put the pain in words so artistically... great job Clap
cont. writing =)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..KaJenDelena..

The-Voice

IF-Sizzlerz

The-Voice

Posted: 04 May 2012 at 6:27pm | IP Logged
So beautiful. I could feel the passion flowing through each and every sentence there.

Your metaphors and similes were to die for. You write really well, Priyanka.

Regards,
Roshan

..KaJenDelena..

NinaArief

NinaArief

Posted: 05 May 2012 at 6:49am | IP Logged
 this was so beautifully written,it captured my heart for a while.  my best friend recently went through a divorce and she too has a son - my godson. i wrote about her and am just about to post it here- do try to comment on it. the divorce is such a harsh thing in a womans life, and you unleashed the feelings only too well. 

..KaJenDelena..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top