Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Do Polls matter? (Page 3)

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 27 October 2004 at 10:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pj04

i agree , another reason for trp ratings to fall.most people lost respect for jassi along the way. instead of blaming any one character for downfall of the show...blame the writers.

worst part is they still have not learned a thing...story is going from bad to worse

Story? what? where?

kanchi Goldie
kanchi
kanchi

Posted: 27 October 2004 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
I don't care wht those polling things will do or will not do.I am really feeling sick the way they are protraiting the charatcer of purab these days.The producer are doing like "Okey u dumb viewers u want Purab so here he is and plz increase the rating for the sake of us" Bichare ko ek show ka piece banadalaDead.

Edited by kanchi - 27 October 2004 at 10:42pm
pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 27 October 2004 at 10:50pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by kshreya2002

Then why was it that the trps peaked in Singapore and later when Aundhati Roy made her entry. While showed a quick downfall when Purab made his 2nd re-entry?
The reason why they got him back was Sony or the makers were not happy w/ the trps they were getting. Thought it wud be higher if the story is turned into a love triangle instead of BLF's love story. Which better person for a love triangle than Purab who was an anti-thesis of Armaan Suri? But it has backfired and now they cant take back what they have done.
Did u notice that Purab was more 'normal' in Alibagh when he had problems w/ Rohan. But in Mumbai he turned into an angel. The slight change in his character was deliberate to show Armaan in a bad light and to have viewers rooting for him.
Unfortunately these same viewers who rooted for Purab are not enuf or dont care for the show today.

the way i see it people expected something to happen in singapore(start of romance and makeover) but it didn't happen. when arundhati roy entered, people had similar expectations, still nothing happened.with the undignified exit they gave purab on his first reentry....most people never expected purab to last this long, they thought the serial was becoming increasingly ilogical, hence trp ratings fell. morever if you think about it becoz of this tug-of -war between purab and armaan, neither character has had a complete chance of developing on screen. after yoyoing so many times viewers are bound to lose interest. now with wedding scenerio.....things are getting even crazier.....if jassi has to end with armaan then why rake up armaan's past(he got someone pregnant, he still gets along with mallika......)and get jassi to happily commit to purab, if she is to end with purab, why rake his past or make armaan jealous.this is what happens when you try to keep too many options open.

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 27 October 2004 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
Methinks the pregnancy thing has no significance to anyone except Purab's diehard fans who are making a mountain of nothing. If it was imp they wud have even told us what was armaan's reaction etc etc. Only thing Raj did was say he gave lift to some female and later she was found pregnant. We know nothing abt her except that she was one of Armaan's one-night stands. Infact Raj said it so softly that 90% of the ppl did not even hear it. For all we know she was already pregnant. or maybe impregnated by someone else. She may have been a total slut who sleeps around w/ any man.
Coming to Purab's past I guess we must wait and watch to check if he is even capable of having a past.
pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 27 October 2004 at 11:04pm | IP Logged

Methinks the pregnancy thing has no significance to anyone except Purab's diehard fans who are making a mountain of nothing. If it was imp they wud have even told us what was armaan's reaction etc etc. Only thing Raj did was say he gave lift to some female and later she was found pregnant. We know nothing abt her except that she was one of Armaan's one-night stands. Infact Raj said it so softly that 90% of the ppl did not even hear it. For all we know she was already pregnant. or maybe impregnated by someone else. She may have been a total slut who sleeps around w/ any man

true shreya, but why even put it there, have they not learnt anything from past mistakes. as for people not noticing it, most did but were surprised that such information is to be introduced at a point when armaan is supposed to be redeemed.

sometimes even small things matter in a serial.

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 27 October 2004 at 11:07pm | IP Logged
First of all I did not hear it at all. Did not know until I read ppl discussing it at this forum. I asked my mom and sis and they had missed it too. I take it quiet a lot of ppl missed it.
Coming to why it was introduced at this point..as I said doesnt matter at all. Just wanted to highlight Armaan's casanova past and how different he is today.
Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 28 October 2004 at 12:15am | IP Logged
           What I think is that introducing two heroes of same screen strength was very foolish on T&D's part.Viewers get divided and one part gets a major let down.No matter who Jassi ends up with ,JJKN is going to loose a good chunk of fan following based on who she goes with.
jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 28 October 2004 at 1:01am | IP Logged

Originally posted by kshreya2002

For all we know she was already pregnant. or maybe impregnated by someone else. She may have been a total slut who sleeps around w/ any man.

Dead

Shreya I know your armaan is very innocent I mean I have insider info that he was forced to do IT Wink. on a gun point or he,would have never gone behind all those models etc!! Everytime he was with a woman he was forced you see!!

But the way you humiliated a woman character just to prove your own hero as innocent was very gross,Dead To save the character of a guy whom we know as a flirt and has had many past relations, who is a person known for seducing girls, going behind models drooling over them, you simply marked the girl as culprit!! Confused Boy now I know why men are able to play with some girls emotions so easily

And  its not mens fault always.Smile

Jammy.

Edited by jammy - 28 October 2004 at 1:04am

Go to top