Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pj04 thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Originally posted by: surnita

Then why did the episode which had Jassi and Purab get engaged have the lowest TRPs ever?

bcoz it did not make any sense....most viewer are sensible people and they try to see some part of themselves in some character of a serial. while i am a die hard purab fan...i was very disappointed when jassi agreed to marry purab. the reason was that they still did not have any logical or emotional reason for wedding.it was unfair to both purab and jassi. also with six more months  to go and armaan's past misdeed yet to be uncovered,several silly and dramatic twists were expected(as if ekta's serials are not enough for that).

serials with perfect mix of emotions, twists and logic are successful. jjkn has no logic and a number of stupid twists, hence its downfall. while there is purab vs armann debate raging all over, i can assure you most people are hardly bothered by that aspect if it is dealt sensibly.most purab fans would have welcomed armaan with open arms if the sagai scenerio was not played out , armaan confessed everything and jassi still agreed to accept him. now jassi is anti thesis of everything she once signified(a simple strong ,principled and balanced woman who survives in fashion world inspite of her dowdy looks without making any compromises), purab is reduced to bechara and jilted fiance(trust me, nobody likes that after his sort of sincerity, he deserved better) and armaan(his character is a mystery, he changes personalities like clothes). after all that how to do you expect Trp ratings to keep up, they are bound to fall

Edited by pj04 - 19 years ago
ides thumbnail
Originally posted by: surnita

Then why did the episode which had Jassi and Purab get engaged have the lowest TRPs ever?

I think that too is because it was rather sudden.....Jassi's feelings were not made clear and it generally confused the audience.....if a story is following logically then there are indications (albiet minor) of what is to happen.....or atleast the audience is not left to wonder if an event is a dream sequence.....I think it is the inconsistancies that ruin a good story.....

and in response to ur question.....could it not also mean that it is not an acurate representation of the viewers openions😉
manimau thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Well said pj.... I completely agree that it is the way story is progressing is to be blamed than the Purab for the TRPs......

........and armaan (his character is a mystery, he changes personalities like clothes).... 😆

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: pj04

bcoz it did not make any sense....most viewer are sensible people and they try to see some part of themselves in some character of a serial. while i am a die hard purab fan...i was very disappointed when jassi agreed to marry purab. the reason was that they still did not have any logical or emotional reason for wedding.it was unfair to both purab and jassi. also with six more months  to go and armaan's past misdeed yet to be uncovered,several silly and dramatic twists were expected(as if ekta's serials are not enough for that).

serials with perfect mix of emotions, twists and logic are successful. jjkn has no logic and a number of stupid twists, hence its downfall. while there is purab vs armann debate raging all over, i can assure you most people are hardly bothered by that aspect if it is dealt sensibly.most purab fans would have welcomed armaan with open arms if the sagai scenerio was not played out , armaan confessed everything and jassi still agreed to accept him. now jassi is anti thesis of everything she once signified(a simple strong ,principled and balanced woman who survives in fashion world inspite of her dowdy looks without making any compromises), purab is reduced to bechara and jilted fiance(trust me, nobody likes that after his sort of sincerity, he deserved better) and armaan(his character is a mystery, he changes personalities like clothes). after all that how to do you expect Trp ratings to keep up, they are bound to fall

so wasnt it much more logical before Purab's 1st re-entry? I still feel the Alibagh thing was good. Rooted for Jassi when gave Armaan a tough time. But now I can no longer root for her. When she bosses around someone ie Purab or Armaan I get annoyed w/ her. Basically the character of Jassi has lost viewer sympathy which was at its peak when she was the victim. Now the rest are her victims.
TheRager thumbnail
Originally posted by: jammy

The serial is loosing its TRP's because the serial is loosing its track.

Its trying to keep its cake and have it as well.

People are disappointed because after initial poll they had choosen purab as the perfect choice for jassi. Still they havent been given what they had asked for and the serial is being dragged unwantedly.

The second exit of purab was in such a bad way that it really pissed people off. And as you know the result always dont show exactly on that time but it takes time to reflect these kind of result. Also maybe you are right. If that is so then what justify's thier stupidity to continue with him if he is such a flop and bore???

Kya shreya, khud hi sawaal karti hoo aur khud hi jawad deti hoo!!

Anyways I dont mind 😉.

Jammy.

Then why was it that the trps peaked in Singapore and later when Aundhati Roy made her entry. While showed a quick downfall when Purab made his 2nd re-entry?
The reason why they got him back was Sony or the makers were not happy w/ the trps they were getting. Thought it wud be higher if the story is turned into a love triangle instead of BLF's love story. Which better person for a love triangle than Purab who was an anti-thesis of Armaan Suri? But it has backfired and now they cant take back what they have done.
Did u notice that Purab was more 'normal' in Alibagh when he had problems w/ Rohan. But in Mumbai he turned into an angel. The slight change in his character was deliberate to show Armaan in a bad light and to have viewers rooting for him.
Unfortunately these same viewers who rooted for Purab are not enuf or dont care for the show today.
pj04 thumbnail

i agree , another reason for trp ratings to fall.most people lost respect for jassi along the way. instead of blaming any one character for downfall of the show...blame the writers.

worst part is they still have not learned a thing...story is going from bad to worse

TheRager thumbnail
Originally posted by: pj04

i agree , another reason for trp ratings to fall.most people lost respect for jassi along the way. instead of blaming any one character for downfall of the show...blame the writers.

worst part is they still have not learned a thing...story is going from bad to worse

Story? what? where?
kanchi thumbnail
I don't care wht those polling things will do or will not do.I am really feeling sick the way they are protraiting the charatcer of purab these days.The producer are doing like "Okey u dumb viewers u want Purab so here he is and plz increase the rating for the sake of us" Bichare ko ek show ka piece banadala🤢. Edited by kanchi - 19 years ago
pj04 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kshreya2002

Then why was it that the trps peaked in Singapore and later when Aundhati Roy made her entry. While showed a quick downfall when Purab made his 2nd re-entry?
The reason why they got him back was Sony or the makers were not happy w/ the trps they were getting. Thought it wud be higher if the story is turned into a love triangle instead of BLF's love story. Which better person for a love triangle than Purab who was an anti-thesis of Armaan Suri? But it has backfired and now they cant take back what they have done.
Did u notice that Purab was more 'normal' in Alibagh when he had problems w/ Rohan. But in Mumbai he turned into an angel. The slight change in his character was deliberate to show Armaan in a bad light and to have viewers rooting for him.
Unfortunately these same viewers who rooted for Purab are not enuf or dont care for the show today.

the way i see it people expected something to happen in singapore(start of romance and makeover) but it didn't happen. when arundhati roy entered, people had similar expectations, still nothing happened.with the undignified exit they gave purab on his first reentry....most people never expected purab to last this long, they thought the serial was becoming increasingly ilogical, hence trp ratings fell. morever if you think about it becoz of this tug-of -war between purab and armaan, neither character has had a complete chance of developing on screen. after yoyoing so many times viewers are bound to lose interest. now with wedding scenerio.....things are getting even crazier.....if jassi has to end with armaan then why rake up armaan's past(he got someone pregnant, he still gets along with mallika......)and get jassi to happily commit to purab, if she is to end with purab, why rake his past or make armaan jealous.this is what happens when you try to keep too many options open.

TheRager thumbnail
Methinks the pregnancy thing has no significance to anyone except Purab's diehard fans who are making a mountain of nothing. If it was imp they wud have even told us what was armaan's reaction etc etc. Only thing Raj did was say he gave lift to some female and later she was found pregnant. We know nothing abt her except that she was one of Armaan's one-night stands. Infact Raj said it so softly that 90% of the ppl did not even hear it. For all we know she was already pregnant. or maybe impregnated by someone else. She may have been a total slut who sleeps around w/ any man.
Coming to Purab's past I guess we must wait and watch to check if he is even capable of having a past.