Page 1 of 1

-Aysha-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Aysha-

Posted: 02 May 2012 at 6:22pm | IP Logged

'I don't feel any different today'

Manjulaa, May 3, 2012 :

Naturally gifted

As Ashima Roy in Vicky Donor, she had angrily spelled out her husband's 'work' to her father but in real life Yami Gautam only told her mother and, simply handed over the script to her father with the words, 'Papa, yeh aap padh lo,' and when he started to open it right there, stopped him with, 'Yeh kya kar rahe ho, Papa.

Eye catcher: Yami GautamOffice le jaake padhna!'  Funny, how life steps in between off and onscreen!

That Vicky Donor's subject was unusual is understating the fact and Yami feels that "in a commercial film, one can so easily cross the line but Vicky Donor does not. 

The credit lies with Shoojit (Sircar) Sir." Yami's experience on Vicky Donor began with a screen test.

"I had gone for auditions and in those five minutes, when Sir took me from point A to point B, I really hoped that I would be selected because I knew after that screen test that I wanted to work with him so much. For from the level at which I was performing, to where he wanted me to be in the role it was so effortlessly done.

"Frankly, I don't know what magic he has done but it's turned out so right," says Yami effusively. Indeed. The performers were made to attend theatre veteran's N K Sharma's workshops. But for one who is a complete natural, learning the craft wasn't Yami's cup of tea initially. 

"This is theatre?' I thought to myself and next, I called up Shoojit Sir and kept telling him, 'No Sir, call me back, please.' My idea of it was that the workshops would be related to the film but these were general workshops and it was only later during the shooting of the film that I realised how handy they were and how much sense they made." 

Workshops' inhibition apart, Yami followed her director completely. "We shot in Delhi and it can be so difficult shooting here, but none of us felt the stress. We had a 55 day schedule and wrapped it earlier. 

He is fantastic director but more than that he is fabulous human being. There was no swearing on the sets, no getting angry and upset. He was so sure of what he wanted that he would only give us basic instructions and leave the rest to us. 

He knew exactly where he was going with the script and you wanted to surrender as an actor. He gives you so much space as an actor. I had complete faith in him."

The faith paid off and how! "Today," says Yami, "my friends call me and tell me 'but you sound just the same'! Vicky Donor may have become this huge hit but I don't feel any different I still want to give as much to my work as I did earlier. 

I am more focused now and I'd rather be that than take time out to rejoice post success." 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

AbHer_nehafj08Thinker_Bellessroomani--Ratna--chinuchinu

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "'I don't feel any different today' - Yami" in Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Thinker_Belle

IF-Rockerz

Thinker_Belle

Posted: 03 May 2012 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing Aysha!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AbHer_neha--Ratna--chinuchinu

Post Reply New Post

Go to top