Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Sushpective: Wow! Where have u been hiding? - Page 2

docgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Thrilling Tuesday, masala ladkis ---- Am I on that IPK emotional seesaw that Khushi and Arnav have going, or what? As "conphuzhed" and nakhush as I was with yesterday's epi, I'm thrilled with todays.  Sush we're on the same page today - more or less πŸ˜‰  This was the exploration of the characters that we'd been hoping for from the Gupta House track.

Blessings: How many can one count? The epi was bharpur with them; Devi Maiyya was beaming down from her celestial perch! Once we got past the inept contrivances from yesterday, the writers settled in to tell a lovely, emotional story. I'm looking past Khushi and Arnav's preachy speeches to evil mami-mama and jellyfish-groom respectively. From then on it was magic.

--        Arnav-ASR struggling with his passion and pain, wanting to be close to his biwi and yet burning in the memories of hate and betrayal.

-      Khushi agonizing over her Jekyll and Hyde Pati, one moment shaitan and the next  rajkumar. We finally got an honest to goodness confession of love from her – "Ek pal mein inpe itna pyar" .

-      Beautiful scene between Garima and Khushi – finally we see the mom that we always expected to show up. Soft, warm, perceptive, instinctively able to understand her sensitive child and her complex damaad who lets in few but who she has started to see and appreciate for the straight shooter that he is.

-      Best of all, Garima puts her finger on that nameless, omnipresent Khalish (no word in English quite captures the depth of that, not even lingering sorrow/melancholy) that hangs over ArHi.

-      Beautiful execution of Khushi's reassurance to her amma – as if testing the waters at first to see if she can lay down her burden and tell the truth. But she sees her mom's worry and decides to playact instead. Burdens are for strong shoulders like hers.

-      Arnav getting to see her weave her dreams of the best pati ever and contrasting it with his brutal treatment of her. Regret, guilt, sadness follow and they haunt his dreams. The precap was a nice draw for tom

Ratna and Sush have been for a while now articulating their unhappiness over the direction of the epis . I could see their criticism, but it seemed to me that while the writing had so many holes it wasn't worth investing in the staging. Well, today we got a tightly written epi and I could see why they are so displeased. For me their point was underscored in two scenes:

-          The staging of the Rabba Ve – it was way too rushed.  It was meant to evoke the classic theme of the show – the pull and push between mohabbat and nafrat. The slow burn of passion and the quick fire ignition of hate combine to produce intensity that is …. well, I've been waiting forever and not getting it---- spine tingling. Sobti brings it each time but maybe Sanaya needs more direction. She looked the same – bewilderment and pain - when he shows up to dance with her and when he leaves tormented by the terrace scene. We aren't getting the full emotional palette and things whizzed by. It needed some thehrav.

-          The scene where Khushi acknowledges her love and her fear. Her articulation of her love is meant to take her by surprise (I think!). She, unlike us who know her heart better than she does, is surprised at the depth of what she feels for her rajkumar. That scene needed to develop in a more leisurely manner allowing both us and her to soak in the wonderment of it, to acknowledge the full weight of her feelings. Lord knows we've waited forever to hear her acknowledge them.

Tailpiece: When it's choreographed and he has time to practice as with teri meri  or the title song, I think he does fine, but when he breaks into an impromptu jig as he did today…..

Nakli Hermes joothe pairon pe, itr  chandni chowk wala
But Barun can't dance saala, Barun can't dance saala

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

purplenpink thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Hello Sush, good to be back on Tuesday's edition of the hangout. We had a holiday for labor day here and 4 day work weeks totally rock!

As for the epi it had one extremely well executed sequence in an otherwise insipid whole. And that was the one where Khushi talks to Garima- loved the mix of her sentences with the contradicting FBs. And ASR listening in on the convo- Barun was as usual good here in his by now perfected gulps and sideways looks of self-loathing. Sanaya was simply brilliant!

The rest of the epi I thought had only one progress point- atleast preeto got married!

ASR's personality back and forths continued and were dizzying to try and comprehend so gave up. Talking about spineless people, preaching about keeping wifey happy- the cliches and hypocrisies abounded today.

Khushi wanting to find out the reasons for her own marriage- I dont believe that means anything anymore.This MU is in an access denied zone- even the CVs will not be venturing there anytime soon ME notwithstanding.

And that rabba ve- maybe it was meant for Preeto and Ankur and the camera accidentally panned onto A-K??!! Only that can explain it's existence to me in today's epi.

Pre-cap scare: he held onto her hand while sleeping and she thought he doesn't want her to escape? Is this woman for real?????!

It continues to rankle that we are excruciatingly slowly headed to I don't know where. I realise I am in the absolute minority with most people having absolutely loved the epi so apologies for being the discordant note here. But the CVs have messed with us so often that today I am in no mood to believe this is going to lead to something. Tomorrow is another day and with the emotional yo-yo IPKKND takes us through who knows I might be back to drooling again πŸ˜‰Edited by purplenpink - 11 years ago
-Jamba- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Damn - this is where I miss the speed YT lunches πŸ˜­

Going to watch the epi now
Edited by -Jamba- - 11 years ago
sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hiya Sush and Spice Girls πŸ€—

Indeed it was a lovely episode today.

When I first came to know about this track of Arnie chale Sasural, I immediately thought how nice it would be to have Arnav witnessing Khushi praising him to her family...it is so natural for a girl's family to enquire their newly wed daughter if she was happy or not, and I knew Khushi would lie through her teeth, putting her hubby on a pedestal in front if them.
It was a heart-tugging scene...I actually had tears in my eyes when Khushi's voice cracks up saying "Arnavji is the best hubby" πŸ˜­ The pain on her face and Arnav visibly affected, getting flashbacks of doing the exact opposite of what she was telling her Mom...very well directed and enacted!

Beautiful episode. 

I wish they would show more Khushi bonding with her family scenes...

Like others, I too am waiting for the hand holding scene...

Lovely post Sush!
Edited by sbk2 - 11 years ago
premparbat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hello All,

A much needed episode to revive the confidence and interest of the core followers of the show. Domestic & International viewers require a solid plot, with solid characters and solid narration. IPK for the past 2 months has been slipping on all these counts and intelligent audience cannot be fooled by silly tracks of 101 ways of irritating a husband when a huge MU looms. It seems my petition finally reached the Cvs !!!

No reason to rejoice yet but my faith in the IPK team as to they are a talented bunch when they want to be , is confirmed.

If yesterday was Arnie's battle between dil & dimmag after accidentally discovering the wrapping paper today was Khushi's turn when she over hears the convo between Arnie & Ankur. Both unsure and wary of the other , unable to translate each otehr actions and words.

Start was a bit cliched with Arnie lecturing the groom, Khushi lecturing the baraaties and the groom lecturing his family. Yes we get the point Arnie recognizing and attacking the root cause of the issue using his dimaag and Khushi aiming for the heart strings . Finally the wedding takes place . What I liked was the dance sequence that followed. There is no better site for Arnie than to see his Khushi in merriment. Reminded me of the Holi sequence when he was drawn to her and held his butterfly for a few minutes before he released her. He never dances yet agreed to join starting with unsure steps as if looking for a cue from her . The Gupta ladies happy to see him shake a leg when Arnie is reminded of the terrace leaving Khushi confused.

The best scene of the day was the Mother - daughter conversation. Any married girl would relate to a scene as this when a mother inquires if her daughter is happy with the man she married. I have read a lot of comments about Garima as a mother in the past and how at times she has let Khushi down being partial to Payal . I have never viewed it this way coz I know a mother loves all her children equally only she displays it differently with each kid as per their need and requirement. If Garima slapped her in front of everyone when she got married I felt it could be done differently but was justified. if she thought Shyam was a good guy for Khushi was because she was deceived. Whatever the faults of a mother , she can never be doubted for her good intentions .

What's lacking though is she sensed a "khalish" between the two but is unable to read her daughter and her life long ability to hide teh truth behind a smile. This is where I think Garima and the family fail. They have never been able to see the pain that Khushi hides behind the facade WAs very touched at the dialogue " Thankfully I can face your mother in heaven now ". and Khushi's response "You are not answerable to anyone as you are my mother .."

The scene in the bed and what is to follow...Arnie's anguish is back. There were so may instances in the good old days when he would wake up with a start and call out to Khushi. Finally he has her by his side yet feels she is distant. How true Khushi , you read it right . He held her hand at the thought that you will run away... That's exactly what Arnie thinks only if you could understand the meaning of what you just said.
 So its fun and games tomorrow with Arnie trying to kill her...

And A Happy Birthday to our Dear Shweta  & Diya ... Hope you had a wonderful day. I arranged this good episode just for you girls πŸ˜ƒ
Arnie decide to dance for the sake of the bridegroom he had been harsh to him, but when he asked nicely please sir, aap apne employees ki shadi... Pair Mein Aapke employee to Nahi hu... Aww so nicely put. That's why Arnav  honoured his request.
 He did not hijack the song .Nor . Started singing and dancing putting others in the background just jived awkwardly ...
😊
Back to barun can't dance saala... he can do a good Bhangra most punjabi guys can ... Have seen enough of barun.   party videos and in baat pakki hai.., the awkward jig was as ASR ...ASR cannot be shown to do a mean Bhangra...He was criticised in holi dance for that..

Edited by msin - 11 years ago
desigirl_18 thumbnail
Omg one more thing i was soo hoping that Garima would mention the dhoka and broken engagement with Shyam and Arnav over hearing! Ahh that wud have been icing on the cake! But alas too much to ask for in one epi! Gotta be happy with what we got for now!! Baby steps baby steps..lets go CVs!!
aKr1always thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
R ...dig this reservation for the first time... Excited like all of you πŸ˜Š

Just read Sush and Sari ... WOW just like the episode u guys and the SPICE GIRLS ROCKS πŸ˜Š

Oh A very happy birthday & God Bless dono ko ...Shweta and Diya ...
Who is me ...myself, just another IPKKND follower like you😊
Edited by aKr1always - 11 years ago
docgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: --Sari--

Despite all the hardships she has endured she is determined to find out what went wrong...Being the victim that is one heck of a woman...πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Sari, lovey post as always πŸ˜Š but I'm a little wary of waiting for Khushi jasoos. My sense is that her OTT, comic doppleganger is right around the corner. 

@Payal: I think that hand clasp comment from Khushi was the comic version showing up to mess up the emotional pitch

This content was originally posted by: sbk2

I actually had tears in my eyes when Khushi's voice cracks up saying "Arnavji is the best hubby" πŸ˜­ The pain on her face and Arnav visibly affected, getting flashbacks of doing the exact opposite of what she was telling her Mom...very well directed and enacted!

Beautiful episode.

Aww... birthday girl! Nice gift for you from the show, huh? πŸ€—
Edited by docgirl - 11 years ago
sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Ratna...πŸ€—

No wonder the episode rocked! - you arranged for it as a gift! You truly are a gem...true to your nameπŸ˜ƒ

@ Shiela: Yes yaar...its silly, but IPK affects my mood a lot and I am glad today it was a lovely, touching episode and I was so happy after watching it, especially the precap...πŸ˜ƒ