Strawbella

IF-Dazzler

Strawbella

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 29 April 2012 at 3:04am | IP Logged
@ Minu : Was waiting for your reply onlyWink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "One general doubt on Mahadev (Page 2)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 29 April 2012 at 3:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Strawbella

Was this the story you were looking for?Smile

vanadhi

IF-Dazzler

vanadhi

Posted: 29 April 2012 at 3:27am | IP Logged
A nice question i can say ...its not meenakshi but BUT KUmari Amman (Virgin goddess ),According to Skanda puran Sage Birunigi Is said to be male fascinated devotee of Lords .So he took the form of Bee and Revolved around the Male gods every morning (I.e Shiv , Narayan And Bhrama) so the female consorts agitated towards him ,And asked the following boons as they needs the place as SAraswathi in Bhrama's tongue ,Lakshmi in NArayan's heart and Parvati in left side of LOrd shiv.

As usual Sage Narad informs the Matter to Pirungi ,asking him ,that how can he worship the male gods .

SO Sage Birungi  planned to start a yagna and produce a demon to vanish all the three devi's ...
Knowing this  Saraswathi  cursed him to forgot all mantras ,lakshmi cursed him lost all Ashwariyas and Devi parvati cursed him to lose all Skathi's of his body ,hence frrom the un fulfilled yagna a demon appears and swallowed by Ma parvathi.
BUt this resulted in deforming the skin colour as black in her body, she rushed toward shiv and asked the reason behind .
Though Birungi is not attached towards devi's, he is a true devotee of me ,if u allowed him to complete the yagna ,you will be vanished for sure thats the power of pure devotion ,but u lost ur patience and degraded  urself from the status of Gods ...

So u have take human births to accomplish this mistakes .
So following that she took human form after some notable births like renuka Devi(Later become Mari AMMAn in South india ),a daughter of Fishery Chief and last took a virgin form as KUmari and lost herself in deep meditation in shores KAnyakumari (where the meeting of three seas ). When Bana Asura a demon Disturbed all lokas ,every deva seek the help of Lord Shiv . They insist him only a Virgin women can kill  that asura according to his boon .
Lord descended to earth and assure to marry her in the following midnight .(Narad is the Muhurth announcer ) . When Shiva's procession reached a site by name Vazhukkumpaarai, a rooster crowed, hearlding daybreak, and that Shiva assuming that the auspicious hour was past, returned to Suchindram. The disappointed Goddess decided to spend her life inKanyakumari as a virgin, and that all the food prepared for the wedding was laid waste and that it turned into the colored sand seen on the southern shores of the subcontinent.

The demon Banaasuran upon hearing of Shakti's story proceeded to Kanyakumari to win her hand in marriage by force, and this led to a fierce battle in which he was slain by her.

The temple: The black stone image of Kanyakumari in the sanctum bearing a garland  is an enchanting one. Of particular significance is the glittering nose ring that is visible from a distance. Legend has it that the light emanating from this nose ring misguided arriving ships and caused them to crash onto the rocky coast. There is a door now, to the east of the shrine which is opened only five times a year. There are also shrines to Vijayasundari and Balasundari, friends and playmates of the Goddess in her youthful form. There are a total of 11 theerthams associated with the temple in the ocean surrounding the area. The confluence of the seas, at the southern tip of the subcontinent has been held sacred for centuries.

kanyak.jpg (210440 bytes)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Rajitha.Mmnx12Strawbella

Strawbella

IF-Dazzler

Strawbella

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 29 April 2012 at 3:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

Originally posted by Strawbella

Was this the story you were looking for?Smile

Minu after reading all the replies am clear now. I think i got confused with two stories. I was just  on 4th std when i heard about the Kanyakumari so i merged ma two stories Confusedi.e. 

The narad muni
Kanyakumari

But now am clear now and thanks to ur linkWink

Edited by Strawbella - 29 April 2012 at 9:41am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12vanadhi

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.