Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

One general doubt on Mahadev

Strawbella IF-Dazzler
Strawbella
Strawbella

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 28 April 2012 at 11:26pm | IP Logged
Though this can be asked on help desk but still i wanna a detailed explanation. I remember in one hindi lesson i have learnt about LORD SHIVA marriage fixed with some avatar of Parvati and i dont remember which avatar. It was said that it was happen to be on Kanyakumari.

The marriage should be before the sometime and before the shout of COCK or so and the marriage should bound to happen early. It was said that NARADH interruped by shouting in Disguise as cock. In the way the things got shattered on Kanyakumari.Wink

Why am posting here is i never had a clear picture of this entire context. I have been asking all ma family members no-one bound to answer. Hope anyone clear ma MAHA CONFUSION hereConfused

Sweet24 Goldie
Sweet24
Sweet24

Posted: 29 April 2012 at 1:14am | IP Logged
No, No this is absolutely wrong, Shivji aur mata Parvati ki shaadi Himalaya ke aas-paas ki kahi hui hai. I dont remeber the name of the place. But yes it is said that the couple who takes the saath-phere there would together forever. 

waha per abhi bhi agni jal rahi hai bina kisi maadhyam ke.  
-Nymphadora- IF-Veteran Member
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Posted: 29 April 2012 at 1:34am | IP Logged
that may be a folk story-a reagional one...i suspect its to do with Parvatis avatar of Meenaxi
Strawbella IF-Dazzler
Strawbella
Strawbella

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 29 April 2012 at 2:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruti.nil

that may be a folk story-a reagional one...i suspect its to do with Parvatis avatar of Meenaxi

Thanks for replying.Embarrassed Shruthi & sweet24

But the story was said on Kanyakumari also Confused @ Bold : yup i too feel the same

-Gitanjali- Coolbie
-Gitanjali-
-Gitanjali-

Posted: 29 April 2012 at 2:42am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=shruti.nil]that may be a folk story-a reagional one...i suspect its to do with Parvatis avatar of Meenaxi[/QUOTE

What is the story of Meenaxi?
-Gitanjali- Coolbie
-Gitanjali-
-Gitanjali-

Posted: 29 April 2012 at 2:45am | IP Logged
-Nymphadora- IF-Veteran Member
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Posted: 29 April 2012 at 2:49am | IP Logged
Meenaxi is supposed to be an avatar of Parvati-she is mostly revered in South India,to be presise in Tamil Nadu,a veru Big temple of hers is there in Madhurai-its belived to be created by Indra,and some ledgends say Vishnu was her brother and she married Shiva-being an incarnation of Shakti.The name Meenaxi is attributed to the fact that she face eyes like a fish(meen)
Malayadwaja Pandya, a king of Madurai , was childless for a long time. He performed a number of yagnas (sacrifices made before a sacred fire) because he wanted an heir to his throne. On one occasion, a three-year-old girl came out of the fire and Malayadwaja adopted her. But the girl had three breasts and this worried Malayadwaja. However, a divine voice assured him that the third breast would disappear as soon as she met her consort. The girl grew into a brave and beautiful princess. she won many battles, but eventually lost her heart to Lord Shiva, when she met him on the battle-field in Kailas. As soon as she saw him, her third breast disappeared and she recognized her divine consort, for the princess was none other than Shiva's wife, Parvathi. After ruling over the Pandya kingdom for a while, they settled in the Madurai temple as Meenakshi andSundareswarar. 

thats a synopsis of the story...
shruti

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Gitanjali-Sweet24Strawbelladeboleena.manna

mnx12 Viewbie
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 29 April 2012 at 2:56am | IP Logged
Kanyakumari Temple or the Kanyakumari Bhagavathiamman Temple is a chief attraction of Kanyakumari and is dedicated to the virgin Goddess Kanyakumari, an incarnation of Goddess Parvathi.

Goddess Kanyakumari is the presiding deity of Kanyakumari. As per legends, the marriage between Goddess Kanyakumari and Lord Shiva did not take place, as a result of which the Goddess determined to remain a virgin. It is believed that the rice and cereals which were meant for the marriage were left uncooked and they turned to stones. The stones resembling cereals can be seen even today.

The Kumari Amman Temple of Kanyakumari has a peculiar architectural style which is an amalgamation of the architectural styles of different eras. Kumari Amman Temple was originally built by the kings of the Pandya Dynasty in the 8th century. It was later renovated by the Chola, Vijayanagara and Nayaka rulers.

The Kumari Amman Temple of Kanyakumari has three corridors and a sanctum sanctorum. The Navarathri Mandapam, a famous section of the temple, is situated in the external corridor of the temple. The Navarathri Mandapam is adorned with paintings and carvings which reflect the architectural brilliance of Kumari Amman Temple.

In the sanctum sanctorum of the temple there is the idol of the goddess who faces east. Kumari Amman Temple also encloses an 18th century shrine which worships the footprints of Goddess Kanyakumari.  
http://www.holidayiq.com/Kanyakumari-Temple-Kanyakumari-Sightseeing-401-611.html

Edited by mnx12 - 29 April 2012 at 2:57am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Gitanjali-Strawbella

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index