Punar Vivah reminds me of Sound Of Music

DMKJ_VB thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi everyoneπŸ˜›
I am making a post after a long time. I just couldn't resist after yseterday's and today's episodes. It would be an understatement if I said I liked them, becoz I LOVED them!

So, I was thinking how PV reminded me of my all time favourite movie-Sound of Music. I felt so after watching today's episode.

Doesn't Yash remind u guys of the impeccebly handsome  Captain VonTrapp (played to perfection by Christopher Plummer) who runs his house and his 7 children with a military discipline after his beloved wife passes away. Our Yash Ji is quite similar, don't u think?πŸ˜‰...

In the movie, Captain VonTrapp shut the doors of his heart from every thing that actually gave him some pleasure after his wife died. In PV, we can see Yash doing the same thing. The flashbacks with Arpita suggest that he was a fun loving normal person, albeit a little shy. he knew how to enjoy life ( though he still sufferred from OCD...remember the shirt scene?πŸ˜†) But he has sort of cooped himself up within Arpita's memories and just refuses to make himself feel happy again! And this leads to the poor kids suffering. 

We have seen Yash loving his daughters and spending time with them, but always upto a level. And today, he even scolded the poor kids to enforce discipline. This over emphasis on discipline is because of the kind of person he has become after Arpita's death. Imagine the mental condition of a man who is determined to shun every happy event that knocks at his door, a man who has given up every little thing he enjoyed doing...whats the result? A short-tempered man with an obsession for rules! ( and thanks to his parents, he never got to know that he was wrong)

Now we come to our heroine- Aarti. Though aarti and Maria are different, yet, there are certain traits which match. Both know how to enjoy life...and its even more commendable in Aarti's case because she has gone through so much. But still, she has not forgotten to laugh.πŸ‘I have full confidence that she will be the "Sound of Music" in Yash's life. She will teach him to smile once again. She will make him realize that sometimes it is necessary to be child like with children, sometimes its necessary to let go...and most importantly, sometimes its necessary to show the love thathe has in his heart more openly to the kids.

In this context, I am reminded of the epic scene in Sound of Music where Maria tells Captain Vontrapp.."Oh Captain, Love them"...Oh, I so want a similar scene in PV.

I tried to find out a video of only the scene i was talking about, but couldn't. So here is the link for another one- its actually the trailer for best film nomination at the Oscars...there is a small clip of the famous "love them" at 2:31, but do watch the entire trailer, there r some other scenes too which remind me of Yash and Aarti.

Please feel free to give ur opinions.
Edited by DMKJ_VB - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jassi1212 thumbnail
nice post
yeh seems like yash became hitlor after arpita's deathπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
he is very loving father but still follow discipline πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
love the PV sooo much
jikky_84 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Yep, Ria, agree with you

Yash has himself shut the doors to happiness, now it will be Arati who will make him smile and laugh. He don't want to be happy because he thinks his only happiness was Arpita.

But our Arati with the 3 children will change him for good.
kriti07 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Exactly it reminded me of Sound of Music was going to talk about that aspect and saw your post. Absolutly agree with you its on similar lines
123mitul thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
nice post😊...''sound of music'' niye khali shunecchi, dekha hoy ni...ekhon to dekhtei hobe😊
DMKJ_VB thumbnail
Originally posted by: 123mitul

nice post😊...''sound of music'' niye khali shunecchi, dekha hoy ni...ekhon to dekhtei hobe😊

amar mone hoy youtube e ache.ami link pele toke pathabo! its my fav movie ever!
DMKJ_VB thumbnail
Originally posted by: phal

Exactly it reminded me of Sound of Music was going to talk about that aspect and saw your post. Absolutly agree with you its on similar lines

Isn't it?πŸ˜› And there was a similar pillow foght scene in Sound of Music where Maria is also enjoying with the kids but Captain comes and blasts her for being indisciplined...this scene is again similar to what happened in PV..only difference being Yash blasts the kids and not aarti...
DMKJ_VB thumbnail
Originally posted by: jikky_84

Yep, Ria, agree with you

Yash has himself shut the doors to happiness, now it will be Arati who will make him smile and laugh. He don't want to be happy because he thinks his only happiness was Arpita.

But our Arati with the 3 children will change him for good.

True Asha! can't wait for that to happen!
shubhika124 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Sound of music 😍
Reminds me of my kindergarten days 😍

Doe a dear a female dear , Ray a drop of golden son ☺️ Me a name I call myself πŸ˜ƒ Fa...a long long way to run.. so..a needle pulling thread 😍

DMKJ_VB thumbnail
Originally posted by: shubhika124

Sound of music 😍

Reminds me of my kindergarten days 😍

Doe a dear a female dear , Ray a drop of golden son ☺️ Me a name I call myself πŸ˜ƒ Fa...a long long way to run.. so..a needle pulling thread 😍

I know! I still had this broad smile when I was looking at the trailer just now...oh I so wish the Mittals get inspired from it!

That scene where Chris Plummer admonishes Maria for being indisciplined reminded me of Gurmeet as Yash doing the same to his kids...their expressions were quite similar.Love both😳