Phir Subah Hogi

I don't understand...some married others not?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

taral83

IF-Dazzler

taral83

Posted: 26 April 2012 at 9:54am | IP Logged
Ok yesterday's episode made no sense to me. Actually, the whole concept of this Bendhi thing doesn't really sit in my head right. I understand the whole Ria dance, getting chosen by Thakur and then basically being his personal prostitute. And then continuing each day with mangulsutra and sindoor as a married women. Well then how are the brother's married? Have the Mami's never did Rai? Do they send their wives to do Rai also? If so then why didn't the older Mami just go rather then wake up her small child? She isn't that much older then Gulabiya! And if they are indeed married and also have done Ria in past, then why didn't Gulabiya never get married? Then this whole concept taht Bendhi's can never marry is false. And if I am not mistaken, I think in past episode, I have heard the older Mama vent saying that "one doesn't want to do Rai, one is getting old, one doesn't have a brain and one is pregnant" Thus, any female can go to do Rai! then why not send Mami!!!!! 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

trieshkalpoeSweetiShobhymadsyipee

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "I don't understand...some married others not?" in Phir Subah Hogi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kajal_aarav

kajal_aarav

Posted: 26 April 2012 at 11:12am | IP Logged
So i actually did research on this whole concept. So basically every family has one girl atleast who is set aside for rai if not more. Some girls are never sent to rai and are married to the guys in the community. like how the mama's are married to the mami's. the mami's never did rai as they have to remain faithful to their husbands. if your ever did rai u can not get married to anyone and have to live ur life as a personal prositiute. but if you get married you live a normal life with your husband. so this is the concept. in gulabiya's case her mom did rai and had 3 kids 2 boys n a girl. the girl did rai and the feed the family now the brothers are married and have their own grls they will most like sent them to do rai or get them married to the other boys in their community.

LOL i was confused too so i had to google this whole thing. hope this helps 

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

trieshkalpoe_Sakinah_nithi07piya_12ka4-Misek-taral83moksha89jakther7KhatamKahaniyipeestranger2rosemads

bhavika0611

Goldie

bhavika0611

Posted: 26 April 2012 at 11:14am | IP Logged
I agree with the questions you raised. It might be little truth and lots of fiction in the story.Even i'm surprised when i came to know that sugni is thakur jwalasingh's daughter yet he don't care for her as her mother is bedni, so what difference does that make? children are in general adapts father's name, cast and religion. Why sugni is treated as a bedni and not thakurOuch

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

trieshkalpoe-Ishana-

taral83

IF-Dazzler

taral83

Posted: 26 April 2012 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kajal_aarav

So i actually did research on this whole concept. So basically every family has one girl atleast who is set aside for rai if not more. Some girls are never sent to rai and are married to the guys in the community. like how the mama's are married to the mami's. the mami's never did rai as they have to remain faithful to their husbands. if your ever did rai u can not get married to anyone and have to live ur life as a personal prositiute. but if you get married you live a normal life with your husband. so this is the concept. in gulabiya's case her mom did rai and had 3 kids 2 boys n a girl. the girl did rai and the feed the family now the brothers are married and have their own grls they will most like sent them to do rai or get them married to the other boys in their community.

LOL i was confused too so i had to google this whole thing. hope this helps 

that clears it up...but it makes the whole thing even more unfair...lol...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

trieshkalpoeanisha02

-JC-

IF-Rockerz

-JC-

Posted: 26 April 2012 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
Tho the explanation by Kaajal_aarav makes sense. I think in this show when mama was complaining how only Gulabiya is the female who can earn for them, he commented about his wife that she can't dance (as in she is not a good dancer). That comment was actually made about all women in the house so as far as this show goes, all the women in the house can possibly do Rai. Maybe the wives don't become prostitutes and only do the dance whereas the unmarried women become prostitutes. But they take liberties as its a fictional show. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

trieshkalpoestranger2roseKhatamKahani

-Ishana-

Goldie

-Ishana-

Posted: 26 April 2012 at 2:40pm | IP Logged
Exactly my thoughts!
Why does Gulabiya wear sindoor and mangalsutra is shes not married?
And I think in India , a prostitute's child never takes its father caste and/or surname .

cairene

Groupbie

cairene

Posted: 27 April 2012 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
Once the bedni accepts the sardhakai or whatever, are they taken to be married to the one thakur? But their status is akin to a concubine?

Parm.

Coolbie

Parm.

Posted: 28 April 2012 at 3:00am | IP Logged
I read last week something about the married Bedia women as well as I had some questions regarding that aspect and this is what I read about the married women of the Bedia men:

"The Bedia women who get married may discontinue the work.  However that would mean a loss of revenue for the family and community.  Probably to discourage that, the norm has been for Bedia men to pay a large bride-price for a Bedia bride.  Hence, Bedia men usually marry women from outside communities."

It's taken from the following source (don't know how valid it is but it kind of backs up the story line of this show):

http://genderbytes.wordpress.com/2010/07/10/they-want-girls-the-bedia/

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KhatamKahani

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.