gelato thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Curtains for 'KHKN'
Shrishti Arya was on cloud nine at the Remix party hosted at J W Marriott, Mumbai on Saturday night to celebrate the completion of 100 episodes of the youth-centric show. But there was a tinge of disappointment which we quietly

noticed.

More News
The men from 'Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa': Making an exit?

On Sunday morning, our sleuths got down to work. And what did they bring to our table?

Kabhi Haan Kabhi Na will not go beyond 19 May.

When contacted this afternoon, Shrishti did not beat around the bush, "Yes. Kabhi... is being withdrawn. I am disappointed. Only recently, I had revamped the show. I built a cafetaria set at Versova."

Clearly, the show has not worked. Apparently, it was not working even before; hence the revamping was enforced. The revamping took place after Mihir Misra was shown the door and Narayani Shastri's current boyfriend Gaurav Chopra entered.

Shrishti thinks that she could not shift the eyeballs from Ekta Kapoor's Kyunki... and Kahaani.... "Earlier, we were slotted at 10.30 pm. After the revamp, we were slotted at 10 pm. Both these timings clashed with the two biggest shows on Indian television."

"We discussed the possibility of converting the show into a hi-pitched drama by getting A married to B and C married to D. But then, we thought that it would be going against the spirit of Kabhi.... Whatever, I am still proud of Kabhi...," she adds.

Shrishti says that Zee has promised her another show which will commence from June. Right Zee?

By VICKEY LALWANI
Posted on 25 April 2005
7.00 pm
More News

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bhangra rulez thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
😭😭I'm gonna miss the show!
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
OMG, why would they get rid of this show it was only now that it began to pick up! how rude! they are so many shows out there that should have been cancelled long ago y dis one! damn u zee, u r taking away my show!😑
rocker1 thumbnail

Oh so it was pitted against Kyunki and Kahani. No wonder it didn't get really popular, even though it was a good show. Those two shows are like the highest rated on TV, and have a huge number of loyalists, so not many would be left to watch KHKN. And no wonder there weren't too many people checking out this forum either .

Yes, it's a show that would appeal to the young generation, but most homes in India are still single-tv homes, and I doubt the moms and grandmoms and other women in the family would allow the youngsters to watch KHKN on their time for Kyunki or Kahaani. No sir! 😑

Though it looks like Shrishti Arya's next show wouldn't do too well either, that is, if it's pitted in the same slot πŸ˜†.

P.S. I might not do updates anymore. The show's ending in a month anyway. And most people who do follow this show usually manage to watch it. But if anyone misses a particular episode, and needs me to update it, I'll do it it occasionally.

mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
thanks! i understand why you won't write updates ne more, but i still appreciate the time you took to write the updates for us! i really appreciate it, and i agree this show was good but perhaps people still cannot accept the fact that times are changing and not everyone likes the typical bahu type serials! which is why kareena kareena is doing so well so why couldn't this serial do well, damn zee!
Jaslove thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
i'm gonna miss chetan and deepu. they are so funny. the show is so hilarious, i watched it to get my mind light. laughing is a great therapyπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Sabah thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Man!! why?? it's not fair thins was the only drama that didn't revolve around the women...and now it's ending....😑 i think they shouldn't end it just yet tey should wait a few more weeks or a few more months...
divyagirl thumbnail

Zee just has to take all the comedy shows!!! It sucks!!!!😭

dkaddict thumbnail

Morons at Zee should have just tried it in a different time slot.... duh.... but they are not that smart, are they. I'm so bummed to come back after two months and find one of the three shows I actually liked is yanked, one has turned totally Ekta-crappy, and the other- well, haven't read enough JJKN updates to know yet.... hope its not gonna be a tripple-whammy depressor....😭 

Bye Chetan and Deepu! My boys & I will miss you, ya goofballs!!! 😭 πŸ˜­ πŸ˜­ 

-DKaddict