Harry Potter

Pope- Potter is a 'product of evil'

-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 19 years ago

Unlike predecessor John Paul II, who praised author J.K.Rowling for living her life like a Christian, the hardline German Pontiff believes her books are a part of a conspiracy to undermine people's sense of good and evil.

The pope spoke out about the series after having been sent a book about the 'dangers' of Harry Potter by a Catholic sociologist.

The 78-year-old said, "It is good that you explain the facts of Harry Potter, because this is a subtle seduction, which has deeply unnoticed and direct effects in undermining the soul of Christianity before it can really grow properly."

The 265th pope, nicknamed "God's Rottweiler", also ranted that the Harry Potter books can lead to "subversion of Christianity in the inward being."

He spoke out after reading the book 'Harry Potter - Good or Bad' written by conservative sociologist Gabriele Kuby.

The outburst came two years ago - but went largely unnoticed outside of theological circles.

Catholics across the world are likely to be confused by the attack after the last Pope's spokeman said the Vatican approved of the books.

Fr. Peter Fleetwood said in February last year: "I don't see any problem in the Harry Potter series. They aren't bad. If I have understood well the intentions of Harry Potter's author, they help children to see the difference between good and evil."

Last night a leading Catolic theologian, who knows the new Pope well, said his views were motivated by an 'obsession' with the Devil and exorcism.

Uta Ranke-Heinemann, 77, said: "The Vatican is obsessed with the Devil and exorcism. It was John Paul II who said every baby in the womb is posessed by the Devil and only through exorcism can he become a child of God.

The Vatican feels it has the copyright on what is good and what is evil and it does not want anyone else infringing its rights to this monopoly. It will condemn anyone who tries to enter this territory without its permission."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Morgoth thumbnail

The 265th pope, nicknamed "God's Rottweiler", also ranted that the Harry Potter books can lead to "subversion of Christianity in the inward being."

What on earth is he talking about? Subversion of Christianity in the inward being, my foot! 😡 How does this story (where the underlying themes talk about the wrongness of discrimination and the triumph of good over evil) encourage the destruction of the Christian faith?

He spoke out after reading the book 'Harry Potter - Good or Bad' written by conservative sociologist Gabriele Kuby.

I'm betting that he hasn't even read the HP books themselves! I dont mean to offend any Catholics; I'm sure that this Pope must be a good man in other aspects, but he is clearly ignorant about the essence of Harry Potter.

PixieDust91 thumbnail
I don't get how the Harry Potter series has anything to do with religion. It's purely FICTIONAL.
livingforelvis thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
True Harry Potter series are fictional... Somthin is rong wid the POPE
PixieDust91 thumbnail

i don't tink there's nething wrong with him, it is an opinion, but still, its kinda FAR OFF!

-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
even i am a catholic christian , but i really don't agree with him 🤢
mumbai_masti thumbnail
well i dont see where religion is included in HP...it is pure work of fiction (excellent one though). So this comment make me feel that new Pope has not got the taste for good literature.....
daniel_4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: mumbai_masti

well i dont see where religion is included in HP...it is pure work of fiction (excellent one though). So this comment make me feel that new Pope has not got the taste for good literature.....

u r so rite ... HP is a work of Ficton.... 
fashion passion thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
hey guys,
this topic is really interstng. i love harry potter books.
well, im muslim and in our religion, magic is not allowed, but there aint nything wrong with reading books abt it, but thr is a limit. we cnt believe in majic n also some things in harry potter books go against our religion. but as long as it doesnt hv an effect on u, i dnt thnk thr's ny problm with readng thm.. 😊
daniel_4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
 yeah hp books are sure work of fiction.............. jk rowling, she rocks ðŸ˜Š ðŸ˜Š  i hope i could write books like her ðŸ˜‰ ðŸ˜‰ ðŸ˜‰ don't throw those rocks at me i was jus kidding .......... well her hp books r kewl ðŸ˜Ž ..........