Bina vardi ka thanedaar! Anoop Soni

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

SudhaSangeet

IF-Dazzler

SudhaSangeet

Posted: 25 April 2012 at 7:46am | IP Logged

Bina vardi ka thanedaar!

Anup Soni talks about his new activist image, television shows and working with wife Juhi Babbar, in a chat with Roshni K Olivera

Right now you are almost like an activist on TV... be it your role in the serial Balika Vadhu or Sony's reality show Crime Patrol.
Yes, it's quite a coincidence that in both my shows I portray socially responsible roles. Most of the reforms and social messages in Balika Vadhu have been showcased through my character. On the other hand in Crime Patrol, I play myself. It deals with real police cases and makes people aware of the crime around us. Hence, what I say as an anchor on the show increases my responsibility. I enjoy this experience of connecting with the viewers as myself.

So now they call you bina vardi ka thanedaar... how do you react to this attention?
We actors love and work towards fame and success, but it's most important to be grounded and level-headed. This is a prominent characteristic of my personality as well, and I guess it reflects in both my shows that are on air. Talking about Crime Patrol, it's extremely credible and I'd give total credit to the team for not using the show to create sensation and glorify crime and criminals.

Does your work impact your thought process?
Definitely. I guess my portrayal in the shows seems convincing as I truly and sincerely believe in the views. Thanks to this image, I am now associated with various social organisations and NGOs. The little difference I can make to society gives me heartfelt satisfaction and happiness.

So how busy are you with two shows on hand?
This is for all my producers (laughs)... My dates are definitely manageable and I have time to do another show but the role should be important, interesting and different from what I am doing right now.

Are you and wife Juhi (Babbar) doing a play together?
Yes we are doing two plays together, Pencil Se Brush Tak, based on the memoirs of MF Husain and the other one is Begum Jaan. We will soon also be seen in a new play, a typical romcom. I am really excited about this one as my mother-in-law, Nadiraji is working on the script and I am an absolute fan of her style of writing.

You like Juhi better as your coactor or director?
Juhi is a fantastic co-actor her energy on stage is contagious. I have watched her direct also and now can't wait to be directed by her. I admire her eye for detailing and understanding of characterisation. We get offers for television also but we are waiting for the right one. It will be great to share screen space with her.

ROLE CALL: Anup Soni; Juhi Babbar

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Dollar_DreamsSuneel_kumarMuskaan92-Nightingale-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Bina vardi ka thanedaar! Anoop Soni" in Crime patrol: Dastak forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Muskaan92

IF-Sizzlerz

Muskaan92

Posted: 26 April 2012 at 1:48am | IP Logged
Thanks for the article...

charu_81

Goldie

charu_81

Posted: 19 May 2012 at 1:41pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing..I didn't knew that Anoop Soni's wife is Junhi Babbar daughter of Raj Babbar.

Dollar_Dreams

Dollar_Dreams

Posted: 24 May 2012 at 5:36pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing the article..He's hosting CP fantastic..

-Skipper-

IF-Addictz

-Skipper-

Posted: 27 May 2012 at 3:52am | IP Logged
thnx for sharing..
Anoop Soni's hosting SUPERB,,,. .

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

...Such...

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.