Phir Subah Hogi

another thakur!!! same old stuff!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

dreamteam

dreamteam

Posted: 25 April 2012 at 7:01am | IP Logged
SleepySleepyphir subah hogi is a new story all together but the thakur aspect is similar to all the serials with a rural backdrop. its really very predictible and boring. thakur vikram,played by varun badola does not even look like a thakur. his casual stride and tone are totally unsuitable for a character who commands fear and respect. sugni and her mother are a treat to watch, good chemistry. but the only characters who manage to entertain and keep us glued are gulabo's brothers played by sikandar kharbanda and nimay bali. especially sikandar, who has played many comic characters in various serials , each time theres something new. here too he is a pleasant surprise. though he looks more like a thakur and less like a poor man, he entertains. actually the thakurs look poorLOL 
but overall , its a good serial with an offbeat track.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

trieshkalpoeNarcissistushmikgmu

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "another thakur!!! same old stuff!" in Phir Subah Hogi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

couchpotato2012

couchpotato2012

Posted: 25 April 2012 at 7:13am | IP Logged
i totally agree with ur opinions. actually they should have made thakur vikram chhota mama and vive versa. Clap

DMfan

DMfan

Posted: 25 April 2012 at 11:48am | IP Logged
I agree about thakur VS. Varun Badola's role should have been played by Ronit Roy. He would have been awesome as a thakur

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cyrine

pyar-ishk

IF-Stunnerz

pyar-ishk

Posted: 25 April 2012 at 9:27pm | IP Logged
I'm glad Varun Badalo is Thakur Vikram Singh and he rocks. As for it being the same old story so what it still exist and if you don't like don't watch. There is enough saas-bahu with rhon dhona or girl falling hero catching with endless eye locks while duppatta flying and BG music. 

All are entitle to there POV but I find rude and disrespectful to a talented actor like Varun. Don't like don't watch simple

RR was already a Malik of a village in Bandini so why would you want him to do another role that would have him wearing a dhoti in a village again. RR like's to challenged himself and am sure if this role was offer to him he would've definitely decline.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ushmileavesandwavesKhatamKahani

ThruMyEyez-Nita

Goldie

ThruMyEyez-Nita

Posted: 25 April 2012 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dreamteam

SleepySleepyphir subah hogi is a new story all together but the thakur aspect is similar to all the serials with a rural backdrop. its really very predictible and boring. thakur vikram,played by varun badola does not even look like a thakur. his casual stride and tone are totally unsuitable for a character who commands fear and respect. sugni and her mother are a treat to watch, good chemistry. but the only characters who manage to entertain and keep us glued are gulabo's brothers played by sikandar kharbanda and nimay bali. especially sikandar, who has played many comic characters in various serials , each time theres something new. here too he is a pleasant surprise. though he looks more like a thakur and less like a poor man, he entertains. actually the thakurs look poorLOL 
but overall , its a good serial with an offbeat track.

I think it's interesting that you say that the thakur aspect is similar to all the serials and then say that thakur vikram is not what he is supposed to be which is contradictory.

I think it was purposefully done such that thakur vikram does not represent a typical thakur from a rural village. It is indicated that he has spent a good amount of time in the city or somewhere away from the village and thus it explains his clothes and mannerisms. He does not necessarily looks like someone who wants to command fear and respect.  He does have his way of getting things done but he does that indirectly without using his power as a Thakur. I am personally liking the way his character is being portrayed and it will be interesting to see how that will turn out.

I hope I have not offended you. This are just my opinions.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KhatamKahani

leavesandwaves

IF-Rockerz

leavesandwaves

Posted: 25 April 2012 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
I am sick of these Ronit Roy fans wanting him to do every role. Varun Badola is a fantastic actor and dont go on whining that we want Ronit roy. As it is Ronit Roy is doing fantastically in Adaalat and he suits such sophisticated characters more. Not these rural ones.

rickks

IF-Sizzlerz

rickks

Posted: 25 April 2012 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
The show is doing great...And to tell that its like its old vine in new bottle...I Disagree...Sardhakkai a social exploit performed in the backdrop of Rai is something new and Fresh...The theme is fresh, the aspects are bold, and the characterization is Bang on!!!

Varun Badola as Takur Vikram Singh is doing a great Job, when we have a typical Thakur in Jwala Singh (If that's hi8s name) why would be want Vikram to be like that...And he is a Takur by birth, currently shown to be coming from Delhi, where lifestyle is totally different when compared to that of Bundelkhand, so there is no point in him wearing Dhoti Kurta's...

Everybody is entitled to have their opinion, but with the show just turning 2 week old, its not fair that it be judged...Wink

monu_tan

IF-Rockerz

monu_tan

Posted: 26 April 2012 at 1:46am | IP Logged
I dont think Ronit Roy could make a better Thakur Vikram ..Varun Badola is unmatchable in talent and experience..

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.