Magical_KaSh thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Gulki Joshi's big plunge

Upasana Mantri, TNN | Apr 25, 2012, 12.48PM IST
Read more:Phir Subah Hogi|Gulki Joshi
Tweet
Gulki Joshi's big plunge
A still from Phir Subah Hogi

Gulki Joshi, the newbie on 'Phir Subah Hogi', is making quite a splash, literally. Within a month of the commencement of the shoot, the girl has not only impressed with her fine acting prowess, but also her willingness to do all the daredevil stunts by herself.

Recently, while shooting for the first episode of the show in Wai (a quaint village near Mahabaleshwar), Gulki stunned everyone with her decision to do a staggering jump in the middle of a deep lake for a particular scene. Despite having a body double at hand, Gulki, in order to lend authenticity to the scene, refused to use a double and took the plunge herself. In the midst of extremes, with heat burning her skin and the cold water numbing her feet, Gulki took the challenge which even many male actors might have gunned down. Waseem Sabir, the directorof the show said, "The mucky, cold water was least of her concerns. There was a moment when she had to rise from the water and ended up with the edge of the boat hitting her chin. While we watched her perform with bated breath, she went on relentlessly. Gulki has truly got into the skin of the character and proven her mettle as a true actress." When asked about her death defying act, said an elated Gulki, "For adrenaline junkies like me, there's nothing more exhilarating than doing something that I have never done before. I'm so happy that I decided to do it myself. This is my first big show. I don't want to leave any stone unturned for PhirSubah Hogi."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-RohitMaxwell- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
hope all her hard work paid off well by audiences liking the show and her character
moksha89 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
that's pretty cool.
reminds me of a "behind the scenes" thing they showed for the pilot episode of "banoo mein teri dulhan" -sharad swam in deep waters and was confident because he was a national swimmer and is good at swimming.  otherwise, deep water is pretty daunting, especially with under currents.
ThruMyEyez-Nita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for sharing! I am really liking her character and she does an amazing job portraying!!!
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks. I really like her from what I've seen.  She suits the role so well.
Etna_Dia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
 Thank you for sharing! She does a fantastic job! One can actually feel her joy for portraying Sugni's character!
OmaRamdass thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for sharing - that is why i am loving her so far - she is free spirited 
shanak.hot thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing. I am loving her as Sugni. One should enjoy what they do and she definitely is. Love her!!!!