Magical_KaSh

IF-Sizzlerz

Magical_KaSh

Posted: 25 April 2012 at 2:14am | IP Logged

Gulki Joshi's big plunge

Upasana Mantri, TNN | Apr 25, 2012, 12.48PM IST
Gulki Joshi's big plunge
A still from Phir Subah Hogi

Gulki Joshi, the newbie on 'Phir Subah Hogi', is making quite a splash, literally. Within a month of the commencement of the shoot, the girl has not only impressed with her fine acting prowess, but also her willingness to do all the daredevil stunts by herself.

Recently, while shooting for the first episode of the show in Wai (a quaint village near Mahabaleshwar), Gulki stunned everyone with her decision to do a staggering jump in the middle of a deep lake for a particular scene. Despite having a body double at hand, Gulki, in order to lend authenticity to the scene, refused to use a double and took the plunge herself. In the midst of extremes, with heat burning her skin and the cold water numbing her feet, Gulki took the challenge which even many male actors might have gunned down. Waseem Sabir, the directorof the show said, "The mucky, cold water was least of her concerns. There was a moment when she had to rise from the water and ended up with the edge of the boat hitting her chin. While we watched her perform with bated breath, she went on relentlessly. Gulki has truly got into the skin of the character and proven her mettle as a true actress." When asked about her death defying act, said an elated Gulki, "For adrenaline junkies like me, there's nothing more exhilarating than doing something that I have never done before. I'm so happy that I decided to do it myself. This is my first big show. I don't want to leave any stone unturned for PhirSubah Hogi."

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

trieshkalpoeAraniyaamritabDia_FThruMyEyez-Nitaushmishanak.hot-Misek-roziePiano1422Amiiishmoksha89-Nakshatra-shagun_sarunjakther7OmaRamdasspallavi25madsKhatamKahanistranger2rose-RohitMaxwell-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TOI:Gulki Joshi's big plunge" in Phir Subah Hogi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jakther7

IF-Rockerz

jakther7

Posted: 25 April 2012 at 2:56am | IP Logged
TFS

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

trieshkalpoeshanak.hot

-RohitMaxwell-

IF-Addictz

-RohitMaxwell-

Posted: 25 April 2012 at 4:47am | IP Logged
hope all her hard work paid off well by audiences liking the show and her character

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

trieshkalpoecyrineshanak.hot

moksha89

IF-Dazzler

moksha89

Posted: 26 April 2012 at 7:20pm | IP Logged
that's pretty cool.
reminds me of a "behind the scenes" thing they showed for the pilot episode of "banoo mein teri dulhan" -sharad swam in deep waters and was confident because he was a national swimmer and is good at swimming.  otherwise, deep water is pretty daunting, especially with under currents.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shanak.hot

ThruMyEyez-Nita

Goldie

ThruMyEyez-Nita

Posted: 26 April 2012 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing! I am really liking her character and she does an amazing job portraying!!!

shanak.hot

KhatamKahani

IF-Sizzlerz

KhatamKahani

Posted: 27 April 2012 at 9:54am | IP Logged
Thanks. I really like her from what I've seen.  She suits the role so well.

shanak.hot

Dia_F

Dia_F

Posted: 27 April 2012 at 1:34pm | IP Logged
 Thank you for sharing! She does a fantastic job! One can actually feel her joy for portraying Sugni's character!

shanak.hot

OmaRamdass

IF-Rockerz

OmaRamdass

Posted: 27 April 2012 at 4:39pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing - that is why i am loving her so far - she is free spirited 

shanak.hot

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.