Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
  • 25 Apr 2012
  • Hindustan Times (Mumbai)
  • Kavita Awaasthi kavita.awaasthi@ hindustantimes. com

New TV show delves into reality TV

Actor Apurva
Agnihotri returns to the small screen in a 'grey' role

With reality TV getting bigger by the day, fiction shows now want a slice of the pie. The plot of the newly launched show, Aasman Se Aagey (ASA) on Life OK, delves into the world of reality TV and the price that contestants pay for success. The show revolves around a dancer, Meenaxi, who dreams of making it big.

Apurva Agnihotri

Post Bidaai, TV actor Apurva Agnihotri returns to the tube in in show, playing a grey role. Apurva says, "ASA is about what happens behind the scenes. I play the producer-director of a show called DC, who causes all the drama. He is the incarnation of Lucifer. He wants to control his world and rule over it."

Apurva explains why he chose this project, "I would rather take a break than do an average show. I was waiting for a powerful role and I am glad ASA came to me."

Sources claim the show will include some candid moments from various reality shows too. Having participated himself in several reality shows, such as Nach Baliye and Pati Patni Aur Woh, Apurva says, "All reality is make believe. I feel most of them are scripted. Star Plus' Survivor was the only one I thought was 'real'." FAZILA ALLANA, DIRECTOR, SOL PRODUCTIONS (JUST DANCE, SWAYAMVAR-3: RATAN KA RISHTA): None of our shows have been scripted. But because of certain other shows, the integrity of reality shows has plummeted. We need to get it back to a respectable level. SERVICES (ROAD DIARIES, BEG BORROW STEAL 3): Reality TV is evolving from naughty, cheeky shows to encouraging people to do what they want. They are as real as they can get. Usually a reality show puts people in contrived situations from which they have to work their way out.

Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

poo_s thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
hehehe  I was waiting to see apu in a grey role..but it should have some limit😊

I know why apu felt survivor was realπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
poo_s thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thanks a lot for the article πŸ˜Š

rekha02 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Shaabaaz my heroπŸ˜ƒ. I was rather  tired of seeing you play dumchaala of female leads.
Thanks for sharing made my day. πŸ‘
I was on a high seeing yesterdays episode but forum depressed me and this article lifted my spirits. Time for some repeats. Love the trp hungry producer of ASA reminds me of certain others who used Apu in a show for trp reasons Edited by rekha03 - 12 years ago
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Apu is the real television Period!!!

He is the cream of the industry Period!!

And this is the role he has never explored and I am glad he is doing it Period.

I love gray characters and glad he has taken it..πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

He proved a Saint, and all the God Daam roles has already been played by him so Yes This is the best feather to his Kitty
Real Gray and Yes such people are the true people in the world

shanti05 thumbnail
Originally posted by: poo_s

hehehe  I was waiting to see apu in a grey role..but it should have some limit😊

I know why apu felt survivor was realπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

I think it should be full fledged,  He can do a gray role within a borderline and that proves points.
rekha02 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: shanti05

Apu is the real television Period!!!

He is the cream of the industry Period!!

And this is the role he has never explored and I am glad he is doing it Period.

I love gray characters and glad he has taken it..πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

He proved a Saint, and all the God Daam roles has already been played by him so Yes This is the best feather to his Kitty
Real Gray and Yes such people are the true people in the world

I agree, Shanti Apu can teach a thing or two about real acting πŸ˜ƒ. I have never seen him this way before yesterday my BP was on a all time high , I was so excited seeing his real motive hats off to him DC is another feather in his cap of roles which are diverse and each is unique but nobody is like DC and yes a reality show producer might be like DC who will do anything for TRPS.πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by rekha03 - 12 years ago
shanti05 thumbnail
Yes I understood this trait from him only...πŸ˜†

He needs to explore his creativity, why should be play the same God Daam role he played and he has tasted best of both worlds and thats why he is getting what he wanted to do and thats his good πŸ˜ƒ..

He is one articulated actor and his reach is different always
shanti05 thumbnail
THis is a show which is scripted real and many players are all played on the cards DC will use. So as an Actor he will play DC to get the best of the use of what a director would do to see growth of a character here meenakshi but also show her the taste of reality of how fame conquers, He is the ruler and this role makes him one πŸ˜Š
shanti05 thumbnail
Originally posted by: rekha03

I agree, Shanti Apu can teach a thing or two about real acting πŸ˜ƒ. I have never seen him this way before yesterday my BP was on a all time high , I was so excited seeing his real motive hats off to him DC is another feather in his cap of roles which are diverse and each is unique but nobody is like DC and yes a reality show producer might be like DC who will do anything for TRPS.πŸ˜ƒ

Maybe The bag he carried whole of last year has also a part in why he took this up

Waise I want to see it but doubt it will come