Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

-Fivr-

IF-Veteran Member

-Fivr-

Posted: 24 April 2012 at 10:32am | IP Logged

I hope everyone's doing well. Before I discuss anything else, I would like to thank every member of this forum for being so absolutely cooperative this past month. My finals were going on and there wasn't a lot of time I could devote to the forum on a daily basis but I realize that I didn't need to worry about time at all because (intentionally or not) there wasn't a lot on the forum that needed my attention urgently. So whether this awesome display of behavior was on purpose or whether it was just how you guys regularly are, either way I'd like to thank you all the same. You guys made my life a lot easier. EmbarrassedBig smile

And this why I feel now it's my turn to bring something back to the forum. I had been getting requests for a BALH newsletter and so I've finally gotten around to organizing one and getting things started. The newsletter will be a weekly activity - it will be posted on Saturday morning and will stay up until next Saturday morning at which time the new NL will be posted. The weekly NL will be based solely on that particular week's episodes/activities - activities/episodes/scenes from previous weeks would be discussed/talked about in the previous week's NL.

Here are the categories that we are starting with - we may include more categories at a later point (if we get any more suggestions or see the need for them) but for now the categories are as follows:

Summary of the week
5-6 lines summarizing the highlights of the entire week: #1. -varun-, #2. fosla

Scene of the week
Male (Best and Worst) - #1. , #2. Priya_Fan
Female (Best and Worst) - #1. Priya_Fan, #2.

Dialogue of the week
Male (Best and Worst) - #1. -Mayu-, #2.
Female (Best and Worst) -
#1. maris08, #2. -Mayu-

Character of the week
Male (Best and Worst) -  #1. -MariaMars-, #2. ravichitra
Female (Best and Worst) -
#1. leena04, #2.

Creations of the week
Sigs, OS/FF, VMs - #1. monamie111, #2.

Topic of the week
A discussions thread in the forum that got the most hits, replies, quality discussion - #1.

Picture of the week
A picture posted in the Bade Acche Laggte Hai Picture Gallery[NO COMMENTS] that week that qualified as the best picture for that week - #1. fosla, #2.

Comic relief for the week
Any character or scene that provided comic relief to members that week -  #1. dayabhi, #2.

DT update for the week
This is where the DT will communicate with the forum on a weekly basis when needed with any comments or general updates that we may have for the forum and members.

I would like to get TWO (2) members to sign up for EACH section with in a category i.e. two members for Male (Best) and two for Male (Worst) and so on. And each week we will alternate between the two people who have signed up. This will reduce the burden on any one person and will allow members to plan ahead.

Also, currently we shall be naming the newsletter as "BALH Newsletter". Now I understand that is very plain and so I am definitely open for suggestions regarding a different name for the newsletter. Please post your suggestion in this thread and please VOTE by using the "Like" button. So if you want to vote for a suggested name, just "Like" the post that it's in. There is no max/min. number of votes, but I would like to get a general idea of what the forum likes as a newsletter name on the whole.

Please post any questions you may have about the NL sign up OR the NL name voting in this thread and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you guys! And I hope to see a lot of participation!

Edited by -Fivr- - 10 May 2012 at 2:47pm

The following 24 member(s) liked the above post:

trieshkalpoecutiesakshiPoojaMishtyranii.sharmashamma92lil_tweetNancy_NUTS-evan-aishrayazk92dayabhianizormonamie111SiacutiesalsalyChitrathanfosla__VJ__leo4evermaris08-MariaMars-Lumosjakther7leena04

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "+||+ BALH Newsletter Sign Up +||+" in Bade Acche Laggte Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Chitrathan

IF-Rockerz

Chitrathan

Posted: 24 April 2012 at 10:44am | IP Logged
I have a doubt. Will those who have signed once will be the ones who will be there always? Or the people can be changed?

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

trieshkalpoePoojaMishtymonamie111salsalyleo4everLumos-Fivr-

-MariaMars-

IF-Rockerz

-MariaMars-

Posted: 24 April 2012 at 10:51am | IP Logged
Yayyy... I was waiting for this one.. Thanks Fivr...

I would like to sign up for Character of the week...  Will think about the name of the newsletter and post soon..

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

trieshkalpoePoojaMishtymonamie111anizorsalsalyChitrathanIndYa4u-Fivr-

-MariaMars-

IF-Rockerz

-MariaMars-

Posted: 24 April 2012 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ravichitra

I have a doubt. Will those who have signed once will be the ones who will be there always? Or the people can be changed?

If someone has signed up, they will remain.. But if they want to discontinue due to some reason, others will get a chance.. And here Fivr is asking for 2 members for a section so that there is not much burden on one member and they can change alternatively. Hope ur doubt is cleared.. Smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ranii.sharmamonamie111salsalyChitrathanLumos-Fivr-

-Fivr-

IF-Veteran Member

-Fivr-

Posted: 24 April 2012 at 10:54am | IP Logged
@ravichitra: This sign up will be permanent unless one of the members who have signed up want to step down. And at that point we'll allow someone else to sign up for that open slot. But if no one wants to step down then the members who sign up right now should effectively be a part of the NL team for as long as they are able to. Of course if eventually you feel you'd rather not do it anymore or something prevents you from participating in the future than we'll allow other members to sign up for the open positions. Smile

Edited by -Fivr- - 24 April 2012 at 10:54am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

monamie111salsalyChitrathanLumos

-Fivr-

IF-Veteran Member

-Fivr-

Posted: 24 April 2012 at 10:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -MariaMars-

Yayyy... I was waiting for this one.. Thanks Fivr...

I would like to sign up for Character of the week...  Will think about the name of the newsletter and post soon..

Lol! I got around to it as soon as I found a breather from my books. Which section would you like to sign up for? Male Best, Male Worst, Female Best or Female Worst?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

monamie111salsalyChitrathan

Lumos

IF-Rockerz

Lumos

Posted: 24 April 2012 at 11:28am | IP Logged
Great going fivr...Thumbs Up would have participated without a second thought but just held up coz of examsUnhappy im sure this initiative will be quite fruitful and welcomed by all..Smile

i have just one suggestion as of now...well there should be a column for CM ranking as well. I guess a member who is good at spreadsheets and has an analytical mind can go for this. It could consist of a short article about the week's CM ANALYSIS. Of course Maria's thread is there but as this is supposed to be a NewsLetter, i guess its important that it should be incorporated too. Embarrassed

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

anizormonamie111salsaly-Fivr-

Lumos

IF-Rockerz

Lumos

Posted: 24 April 2012 at 11:38am | IP Logged
Oh ive few more suggestions...Tongue in character of the week there should be a Supporting Male and Supporting Female too.Embarrassed in this show we have lots of characters who keep giving good advices...sudhir giving priya...priya giving ram..vikram giving ram.neha giving priya...and with the harry track the permutations will increase further. So i feel such characters should be given a place too.Smile Also this show is one of the best where the supporting characters have played a very very prominent role. What say?Tongue

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

anizormonamie111sahana747salsalyTVserialfreak-Fivr-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top