Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi
Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi

India-Forums

A tribute to Dev & Radhika-Video Index: pg2, post2

Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 23 April 2012 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
Friends,  I was planning to start this topic when CB2 finished its 300 episodes as a tribute to characters of Dev and Radhika.  But was busy and so I am starting this topic belatedly.  

Because of these two characters - Dev and Radhika played brilliantly by Avinash and Rubina,  CB2 has managed to survive so far despite not even a single track being executed properly or to its full potential.   In CB2,  it is hard to name favorite tracks or sometimes episodes as there has been so much inconsistency in both storyline and characters.    But still there have been episodes or even particular scenes in episodes or some characters that have been very interesting even if they weren't used properly.   

So following are some of my choices.  Please feel free to include your own episodes/scenes/tracks etc. in the list. 

My choices:

Best Track of CB2 so far

Kidnapping Track where Dev kidnapped Radhika.  I liked it the best because here all characters were very consistent and this track contained nuances which were not shown before in any track and haven't been seen since.

This track was almost perfect because Dev and Radhika were normal human beings with normal feelings.  So their characters were depicted as positive but ones who also got hurt and felt insecure, hopeless etc. 

So here Radhika despite having so much faith questioned as to when things would become alright.  Dev was the one who tried to strengthen her faith by telling her a story about God not abandoning his devotees in trying times.  

Dev here was the one who felt hopeless at many times but Radhika encouraged him in her special optimistic way by showing him how much he means to her and how despite difficulties they were in happy place because they were facing all difficulties together.

Here the characterization of all side characters - Rohan, Padma, Maheswari, Virat, Mohini was pretty clear and went with their earlier actions.  I am including the ME where Dev's truth came out as part of this track.

There were some really good scenes that showed the basic nature of Dev and Radhika.  Dev for the first time really understood Rohan's dark vicious side when he saw him beating an innocent man mercilessly just because that person had unknowingly come in Rohan's way.  So that was a brilliant scene where Dev stood transfixed and Radhika was the one who was not surprised at this side of Rohan.  So she displayed presence of mind and pulled him away from that location.

Then there was the scene in the hut which showed that Radhika was the forward one in this relationship and Dev was the hesitant one because of his perceived ideas about society and sense of right and wrong.  

There were several other scenes such as details paid to that farmer's family etc..

Track that had potential but was left incomplete

Almost all of them but Bharadwaj track was one major track where they could have shown Dev's punishment, repentance as well as evolution of Dev and Radhika's relationship.  They could have also linked it to Dev's feelings about his own mother that remained buried because of demands of his selfish family.  

Best episodes or scenes - Ongoing (Scenes are being added by participants in this thread)

1.  Dev and Radhika meeting for the first time. 
2.  Dev and Radhika's conversation in the temple where  Radhika revealed the truth,  
3.  Radhika realizing that her instinct and deep desire for Dev to be her KK has been fulfilled.
4.  Dev and Radhika confronting Rohan about his duplicity when they found out the truth.
5.  Dev and Rohan's fight  and then Radhika's reaction after Dev was shot.  

Most Interesting Characters or characters that make us watch CB
Obviously Dev & Radhika

Intriguing Characters
Dada, Ruby, RB

Consistent and interesting negative characters and with great shades of grey
Rohan, Padma

Hilarious characters or the ones that generate laughter without meaning to do so
Mohini, Virat, Maheswari, Shanti

Sweet characters 
Mansa, Chenu

Normal family in CB
Mansa family  

The fun family
Bhardwaj family 

Most dysfunctional and convoluted family
Who else but great Purohit family

Useless (or redundant) dull characters of CB2
Gopaldas, Dai

Characters that need to be shown for future tracks
Chaya,  Hari (in flashback), Dada (in flashback or as adharam bhoot if bhoot tracks are going to be shown),  Bharadwaj family, Savitri (in flashback)

Negative character with most influence
Dada

Most useful character or the Rockstar (Misti's term)
Kashi Maharaj

Best would be baby sitters of Dev and Radhika's kids
Ruby and Jolly 

Character deserving "Ostrich" award
Bholu (Dev)

Pairs with Sizzling Chemistry in non-romantic sense
Dev/Rohan,  Dev/senior RB,  Dev/Ruby  -  Hard to pick from these three.  But based on episodes that were shown,  Dev/Rohan & Dev/Senior RB tie for this one.

Angie's Theme Videos and VMs  - Ongoing  (links given below)

I have created an index for all my theme videos and VMs on page 2 (see link below).   This way I can edit the index as I keep on adding new videos. 

Click on the following link to get to the index.  It is the second post on page 2.

Edited by why6 - 10 August 2012 at 6:59pm

The following 48 member(s) liked the above post:

baas-tvwissenNabesaivl246420adradevchicagonetolachymanju7sesikalatukliAruna_cindrellaMaryamMaryMashiatMimosamasumasrilankachotibahufan1Valiniaviruradha.avinaLoveAvinaPutijaChalhovaugust123chipakrajsriAnnamariezorinatmJustShantav3gradev09laxmiserlyndaRekha-radevchayya55instcrisradev_fanbillo77shivamalaTilashinisush_avinasigridsia_lovely-Shankar-ushasrisparklingeyesNeerjaamisti73seema12345radev_no1fanSurishfatssrilanka

PutijaChalhov Coolbie
PutijaChalhov
PutijaChalhov

Posted: 23 April 2012 at 7:18pm | IP Logged
Thanks Angie loved reading

I like the Mandir scene where Dev and Radhika stay while returning from Pag Pheres so that PF does not know about the Mansa family and how they treat Radhika and Dev saves her as Rohan wants to drown her and tells her for the 1st time that he loves her.
The way he brings and shares food gives her blanket to cover herself and finally saves her panicking that she has fainted and something happened to her.Big smile so I like the entire pagphere track starting from their travel Pakora scene Mansa house scenes and then the grand rescue of Radhika by dev only unnatural thing is a girl who has been brought up near  the ghats of Ganga/Yamuna should know swimming

There are lot more but will write about them later.

Edited by chalhov - 23 April 2012 at 8:03pm

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

Aruna_cindrellasesikalaaviruerlyndachipaklaxmisradev_fanshivamalaAngie12sigridmisti73Neerjaa

chayya55 IF-Dazzler
chayya55
chayya55

Posted: 23 April 2012 at 7:58pm | IP Logged
very well done angie 
have to really think thru everything before wrighting any thing

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sesikalaerlyndaAngie12Neerjaa

ushasri IF-Rockerz
ushasri
ushasri

Posted: 23 April 2012 at 8:07pm | IP Logged
nice post angie

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sesikalaAngie12

SpunkyTigress Cool Viewbie
SpunkyTigress
SpunkyTigress

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 23 April 2012 at 8:25pm | IP Logged
Wow..Awesome Post Angie...

My best track was when Dev and Radhika meet aftr 12 years...
That was awesome and the best track for me along with dev and radhika wedding..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sesikalaerlyndaAngie12

shivamala IF-Dazzler
shivamala
shivamala

Posted: 23 April 2012 at 9:28pm | IP Logged
Well done Angie.

sesikalaerlyndaAngie12

ushasri IF-Rockerz
ushasri
ushasri

Posted: 23 April 2012 at 10:35pm | IP Logged
my fav track is kidnapping track next i liked first 3 months of cb and also bharadwaj track as they showed dev as intelligent

sesikalaerlyndaAngie12

SilverBell IF-Stunnerz
SilverBell
SilverBell

Posted: 23 April 2012 at 10:54pm | IP Logged
I Loved The First Meeting Of Dev&Radhika. And Now The Current Radha Track. (:

Most Hate Track: Barkha's One.

sesikalaerlyndaAngie12

Go to top