AGOTW: Solve the Riddles (Closed) - Page 3

Posted: 11 years ago

Time's up.

Answers are:

1.       The more you have of it, the less you see. What is it?
Darkness

2.       What English word has 3 consecutive double letters?
Bookkeeper

3.       You throw away the outside and cook the inside. Then you eat the outside and throw away the inside. What did you eat?
An ear of corn

4.       I am always hungry, I must always be fed. The finger I touch, will soon turn red.
Fire

5.       Each morning I appear to lie at your feet. All day I will follow no matter how fast you run. Yet I nearly perish in the midday sun.
Shadow

Today only 4:

1.       You heard me before, yet you hear me again. Then I die, until you call be again.

2.       A man is born in 1946 and dies in 1947, yet he was 86 years old. How is that possible?

3.       How many times can you subtract the number 5 from 25?

4.       When John was 6 years old he hammered a nail into his favourite tree to mark his height. 10 years later at age 16, John returned to see how much higher the nail was. If the tree grew by 5 centimeters each year, how much higher would the nail be?

1.       You heard me before, yet you hear me again. Then I die, until you call be again.

An echo

2.       A man is born in 1946 and dies in 1947, yet he was 86 years old. How is that possible?

He was born in room no # 1946 of the hospital , and he died in room no #1947, 86 years later.

Only Once 

4.       When John was 6 years old he hammered a nail into his favourite tree to mark his height. 10 years later at age 16, John returned to see how much higher the nail was. If the tree grew by 5 centimeters each year, how much higher would the nail be?

nail would be at same height
Originally posted by khota_sikka_sri

Today only 4:

echo

he is born in room no #1946 n dies in room no

#1947 86 yrs later

just once bcoz after that 25 wouldnt remain 25

it will b at same height

Today only 4:

Ans: Echo.

Ans: he was born in room number 1946 and he died in room number 1947 but he was 86 yrs old.

Ans: Once.

Ans: Same.

Answers are:

An echo

He was born in room 1946 of the hospital and died in room 1947 86 years later.

Only one time. After that you would be subtracting from 20, then 15, then 10, then 5, and so on.

The nail would be at the same height since trees grow at their tops.

Guys I want to continue this game, but due to some reasons, I can't. I will post an award tomorrow that all participants can flaunt for a week. On Sunday I'll open a new game. Something a bit more interesting.
Ok waitng for the award n new game