AGOTW: Solve the Riddles (Closed)

Posted: 11 years ago

First and foremost. Welcome to everyone. 

Now time to explain the game.

It's quite simple really. I'll post 5 riddles every day at 8:30 PM IST. You have until the next day 8:30 PM IST to solve them and post your answers here. Then I'll post the answers to the previous riddles and give you 5 new ones.

Some rules:
     cheating. If anyone is caught cheating, then you're disqualified from the game. You have to answer the riddles everyday. If you don't you will lose points. You get 5 marks for a correct answer, lose 2 points if you don't answer a riddle, lose 4 points if you answer a riddle incorrectly, and lose 25 points if you don't answer the riddles everyday. 
  •  Have fun!!!!
Edited by khota_sikka_sri - 11 years ago

After the first round, I'll update this place with everyone's name who is playing here.

Actually there is only one.
ME (Shreya) khota_sikka_sri

If you have any questions throughout the game, PM me. If I can answer the question, I'll post both the question and answer here.
First set of riddles. You have until 8:30 PM IST tomorrow to post the answers. Also Shibz's Bollywood game will continue this week so that people don't get bored in between. ðŸ˜›

1.       It is greater than God and more evil than the devil. The poor have it, the rich need it, and if you eat it you'll die. What is "it"?

2.       It walks on four legs in the morning, two legs at noon, and three legs in the evening. What is it?

3.       I am at the beginning of the end, and the end of time and space. I am essential to creation and I surround every place. What am I?

4.       What always runs but never walks, often murmurs but never talks, has a bed but never sleeps, has a mouth but never eats?

5.       I never was, am always to be. No one ever saw me, nor ever will. And yet I am the confidence of all, who live and breath on this terrestrial ball. What am I?

Edited by khota_sikka_sri - 11 years ago
Sri..this is a sort of contest more n a game less..
And the add and subtract game is a little boring...i think we can restart the Game-Bollywood instead.. i enjoy playing that..😳 Moreover we gotta keep the forum active..so..
Sri this game/contest is fine, but the counting one can be closed ya.  it has been a week and the same for another week? agree with shibz till gotw for the month of may starts we will play the bollywood game. 

this one I think I could make out answers for all of them,  but let me read the first two posts again to know abt points and all : ) , others cannot post riddles?
@ Shibz: Yep that's what I suggested above. That we should have another game. So go ahead and open the Bollywood game again.

@ Kavya: Yep, we'll play Shibz's game until next week and then I'll open a new game. Nope, only I can post the riddles. It makes everything work better.
Originally posted by khota_sikka_sri

@ Shibz: Yep that's what I suggested above. That we should have another game. So go ahead and open the Bollywood game again.

@ Kavya: Yep, we'll play Shibz's game until next week and then I'll open a new game. Nope, only I can post the riddles. It makes everything work better.

@bold - accha you had clearly mentioned before that we should conitnue the counting game 🤔.  

@blue - ok :).

Thanks for pointing out Kavya. I've edited the post to say that we'll continue Shibz's game now.

1. It is greater than God and more evil than the devil. The poor have it, the rich need it, and if you eat it you'll die. What is "it"?

going by nothing is greater than god and you'll die when u dont eat anything and also because I know this 😆 answer is

Nothing.

2. It walks on four legs in the morning, two legs at noon, and three legs in the evening. What is it?

Human being - childhood , youth and old age

3. I am at the beginning of the end, and the end of time and space. I am essential to creation and I surround every place. What am I?

looks tricky like the 'argentina is a big city spell it'.  answer is

letter E

4. What always runs but never walks, often murmurs but never talks, has a bed but never sleeps, has a mouth but never eats?

runs, murmurs and bed can mean a stream or river.

5. I never was, am always to be. No one ever saw me, nor ever will. And yet I am the confidence of all, who live and breath on this terrestrial ball. What am I?