Debate Mansion

Why is HATE such a strong word? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

reeha...k

IF-Rockerz

reeha...k

Posted: 25 April 2012 at 3:38pm | IP Logged

I actually think the term is extreamly overused. from:

" I hate rain"
to "I hate yellow"
and " I hate democrates" and the best "I hate you"

Its effect has been watered down, doesn't have much substance nor effect. It's been brought down to nothing more then 4 letters, short, sweet and has various meanings. It can be said with affection, with anger, with sincerity or none of the above. It's overused, which doesn't make it powerful. but it CAN be powerful depending on who uses it and in which context.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Satrangi-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why is HATE such a strong word? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 27 April 2012 at 2:11am | IP Logged
Hate is a great gift too.
It is more powerful than Love.
By Hating God, one is more able to think of God continously , which will ultimately benefit the individual. This was the boon granted to Ravana it seems.LOL
Anyway, it is hard to hate God when love has developed.

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 27 April 2012 at 6:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Satrangi-

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

This is my take on hate:

Hate is a strong word, but I really, really don't like you.

Jokes apart, it takes just as much energy to hate someone as it does to love them. Quite frankly, most people aren't worth spending that much time or energy on, so I kill them with indifference instead. ;-)

LOLLOL

that is so true!

hate is extremely overrated nowadays.. people have this huge list of things that they hate.. and most of the people spend too much time and energy on things that they hate or despise!

there is a reason why we have so much unnecessary violence and hate crimes in the world. if ony people would focus on things that are important in their life..

ignoring is best.. sometimes, when you give people attention, it only ends up feeding their ego.. so don't give them any importance.. indifference is the best option!

on a lighter note.. if you don't like someone or are angry at somebody, you risk the chance of increasing your own blood pressure and eventually will only accure doctor bills!  LOLLOL 

Amen to that, sistah! ;-)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Satrangi-TheDilettante

TheDilettante

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 27 April 2012 at 7:10pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Satrangi-return_to_hades

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 29 April 2012 at 1:24am | IP Logged
We dun actually hate people, now, do we? There's a limit to our disregard for people, I believe. At some point, something always creeps up and we realize that we dun dislike someone enough to be hating them. For example, a person from school one really loathes and all, and that person ends up in the hospital due to an accident, all the legitimate hatred in this paradigm would dissolve, and one's state of mind would be like, 'I dun like them and all, but they dun deserve to be dying'. All I mean is, hate is a big bad word, and it's not very easy to feel all the time.

This calls for a Harry Potter paradigm.
The three unforgivable curses are lethal, but in order to inflict them on someone, you really have to mean them. Therefore, you'll find a lot of instances in the books where Harry could use the killing curse or the cruciatus curse, but he did not, cause he had to mean them, and he dint. 

..N3rDyM0R0N..

IF-Dazzler

..N3rDyM0R0N..

Posted: 17 October 2012 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
It is not a strong word 

It is us who had made it a strong one  

For me  neutral feeling is the best LOL

Glovis_Poseidon

Goldie

Glovis_Poseidon

Posted: 18 October 2012 at 1:27am | IP Logged
you forgive when you love but don't when you hate that makes hate stronger.hate is stronger than love because it makes you stern as well.

Ankithate

Goldie

Ankithate

Posted: 20 October 2012 at 5:11am | IP Logged
You Cant HATE some one whole life.

Emotions are temporary.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top