Punar Vivah
Punar Vivah

India-Forums

Why Arati and other ladies cover their head ?

tochukumari Senior Member
tochukumari
tochukumari

Posted: 20 April 2012 at 10:26am | IP Logged
Aarti was married before , she used to have normal lifestyle , she used to wear Salwar kameez.
Why this sudden change over of  wearing Sari and that too head covering pallu after remarrying ??
Gosh, this t.v. serial people can't show anything realistic Angry
Aarti's husband looks handsome and stylish , why Aarti is adopting 'aunty ji' type personality ?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LuvStrk-001

DMKJ_VB IF-Rockerz
DMKJ_VB
DMKJ_VB

Posted: 20 April 2012 at 10:35am | IP Logged
There is nothing unrealistic about it, in fact its quite close to reality. Aarti's first marriage was in a nuclear family, The Dubeys are not a very traditional conservative family, hence it was natural for her to hv donned a simpler style.
The Scindhias are very conservative and traditional. All the Bahus are expected to cover up their heads, and of course wear sarees...this is the case in many joint families in India. I might differ in my opinion about the ghunghat, but I respect people's customs.And there is no harm in wearing sarees!

And from which angle does Aarti look like an aunty? God, I think she is looking gorgeous in sarees, much better than the salwar-suits! I too don't want the ghunghat to be there, but thats something else, I won't say that by showing the ghunghat, the cvs are showing unreal stuff.

Edited by DMKJ_VB - 20 April 2012 at 10:38am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

ananya93NinnzGmbbbcccLuvStrk-001deejagiKhatamKahanipickachu

bbbccc IF-Dazzler
bbbccc
bbbccc

Posted: 20 April 2012 at 10:39am | IP Logged
I am not sure why you think it is unrealistic..
I am married in marwari family and I have to wear it when I visit my in laws, the tradition is bit lineant I can drape over shoulder but stillStern Smile,

Scindia's are from Rajasthan and basically of same root.

In traditional cities like Bhopal it is very normal. I have spent lots of years there so telling you by experienceTongue

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

tochukumariananya93LuvStrk-001samarp2deejagiDMKJ_VBKhatamKahani

Aarya4ever... IF-Dazzler
Aarya4ever...
Aarya4ever...

Posted: 20 April 2012 at 10:42am | IP Logged
In India you may still find newly married women to veil their face before elders.Same thing is done by Arti. It is considered that by doing this ,they pay respect to elders

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ananya93LuvStrk-001KhatamKahanipickachu

Sid4TeamCanada IF-Sizzlerz
Sid4TeamCanada
Sid4TeamCanada

Posted: 20 April 2012 at 10:49am | IP Logged
i think whereever there is a traditional and conservative kind of family, it is not odd for the ladies, especially the daughter-in-laws to drape a dupatta on their head when in the presence of elders, specially parents-in-law ... i think it's just a sign of respect.. many girls drape pallu's over their head in the presence of elderly..

ananya93

gafulu14 IF-Stunnerz
gafulu14
gafulu14

Posted: 20 April 2012 at 10:51am | IP Logged
The Scindhias are very conservative and traditional. All the Bahus are expected to cover up their heads, and of course wear sarees...this is the case in many joint families in India. I might differ in my opinion about the ghunghat, but I respect people's customs.And there is no harm in wearing sarees

ananya93

tochukumari Senior Member
tochukumari
tochukumari

Posted: 20 April 2012 at 10:52am | IP Logged
I thought she's married in same cast as before, so expected her to stay normal.
Saree is great outfing  but wearing it at home.. hmm.. I can't relate with it .. That too zardosi type party wear saris at home while cooking , looks too unrealistic to me!
Sorry to differ, but with head cover pallu, Aarati looking 'aunty' while Yash looks model type handsome and stylish person all the time.. completely contrast personalities !

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index