India-Forums

Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

Mandera bedi is Out and Kaur is in

mfarhaniqbal33 Senior Member
mfarhaniqbal33
mfarhaniqbal33

Posted: 24 April 2005 at 5:13pm | IP Logged
Disagreement, once again seems to have knocked on the doors of the Balaji house. And this time it is none other than their top selling soap Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi that is facing dissent. Ekta Kapoor has reportedly planned a grand re-entry for the character of Mandira who had taken a brief respite from the serial. The negative character was originally played by Mandira Bedi, and she was later, replaced by actress Achint Kaur, post on-screen plastic surgery.

The catch here is that both, Bedi and Kaur have been approached to essay the role once again. "Yes, I have been approached by them to play the role but nothing really has been finalised. We haven't decided on the amount," confirms the stunning Kaur. However, she also confesses to the fact that personally, she is against replacing any character but agrees to it only for all the practical reasons.

While Kaur sounds optimistic about getting a foothold back into the Balaji soap, Bedi seems to have serious issues with her character. "I've got a call from them. But, it's not going to happen. They have already made my  character undergo  plastic surgery and a new face has been playing the part for a good six to seven months. It makes no sense for me to re-enter as Mandira," states Bedi.

But, Ekta Kapoor is not someone you can easily refuse. She seems to have offered the original 'Mandira' a role in the next 20-year jump that the serial is going to have. "They wanted me to play the double role of Mandira and her daughter. The latter is an  out and out positive role. And I wouldn't mind doing the younger character," adds Bedi.

This actress surely seems to have her rules clearly laid down. The Extraa Shots lady was also offered a role in another K serial to replace someone, but she refused it. The reason? She knew the person whose place she was likely to take.  All said and done, the question still looms large, Kaun Banegi Mandira?

Canadian Angel Senior Member
Canadian Angel
Canadian Angel

Posted: 24 April 2005 at 5:30pm | IP Logged
Thanx for the info!
Ruhi Senior Member
Ruhi
Ruhi

Posted: 24 April 2005 at 6:11pm | IP Logged

"They wanted me to play the double role of Mandira and her daughter.

i don't understand what daughter, wouldn't she b karan's sisterConfused, but who's her father?Ouch n if she comes after the leap as a 20 year girl she's going 2 b the same age as her bro's kidsLOL

desi_pryde Goldie
desi_pryde
desi_pryde

Posted: 24 April 2005 at 7:35pm | IP Logged
i hope bedi becums mandira. i lyked her acting..it came naturally to her.
Singh23 IF-Dazzler
Singh23
Singh23

Posted: 24 April 2005 at 11:39pm | IP Logged
wow i thought bring back mandira wuld be a bad idea and a repeat of storylines but both MAndiras would be awesome.  the way i see it the new face mandira should have a kid with adiya gurgral who as stated above would be good.  i bet this character marries in virani's (but she would be karans sister so that may not happen)

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top