Which Reality Shows did you watch before ?

Posted: 12 years ago

We all know our new show Aasman Se Aage is a fiction based on a Dance reality show...

so to set the context, I want you to share

1. Which reality shows you have watched before
2. what were your key observations from those shows
3. What did you like most in any reality show
4.what you did not like

And any other experiences you have from the reality show world...

You need not write in a Q&A mode, write what ever you feel/think when you hear about a reality show...
Edited by ApoorvaFan - 12 years ago
I love reality shows, Its fun to watch given an oppertunity I want to be Mauha. I love to gauge talent and scrutinize them waise I think I can be DC ...😆😆 I know he will scrutinize people and drop them like HOt potato...

I see a lot of Food Network reality show where the judges trash the taste if its not appealing and they would really say its not good interms of getting the minute details of their taste buds not accepting it

Even same goes with any reality show If I believe that the talent is not reasonable and I will be judgmental stating that the candidate is not capable of performing to my expectation.

I know its hard work by contestants but sometimes they think that they can get away easily to the next level when they are not showing the bar performance in the first round itself

Edited by shanti05 - 12 years ago

Mostly I watch reality shows like saregamapa and dance india dance..rest never interested too overdramatic..

As aasman se aage will bring forward the reality behind reality shows ..dance india dance can be the perfect example as its on a dance show..just as in aasman se aage promo you see thousands of youngsters queue up in the sun to get a pass for audition..its same in real..in india I will say reality shows has taken the country by storm ..why?..because this is  a kind of reality show which  has the potential  to turn a  person from any social class into a  national celebrity..these kind of reality shows not only promise big money but overnight stardom..

The negative side is we see some parents pressurizing their children to take part in these shows whereas some children leave home without consent of parents..all this because these shows have the capability to make a person a star...in return they have to  go under psychological stress..critics from judges for not performing well..getting humiliated..to hear biased comments from judges just to favor his/her favourite..break down emotionally..second to get the TRPS the contestant parents are called on stage or in video and contestant get all emotional to even the judges..the emotional dose is incorporated for the mass.sympathy from viewers and this makes show trp rise..last the audiences voting system comes in picture..these votes get  somehow influenced ..these contestant comes from different religious background and  regional states..thats why the deserving one gets eliminated and a non deserving one gets the title..

What I don't like its not transparent this kind of voting..most of the show is scripted to a certain degree.. many back stage people even the judges have their influence on these kind of shows ...

At the end I watch for entertainment and yes dance india dance is one show where I have seen the judges having good conduct and not like other shows fighting among themselves to even abandon the show.All this for the TRPS..

so waiting how much close will be aasman se aage fiction..dance based from what i have seen  on TV in a real reality show...

Edited by saveeta24 - 12 years ago
@Shanti,

Food reality shows seems to be good... Apart from MasterChef on BBC, I have not watched any cookery reality show. The challenge is tough there...

So you want to be a judege? DC ke seat pe kabja? 😊

@Savee,

You are watching Dance based Reality Show... wow.. you will know this format better... Like you said, these days parents are pressurizing kids for fame...

I have not watched any dance based show...  Only once I happened to see a small bit where lot fo dance directors were competeing and the language they use and the way they fight, made me decide not to watch any dance reality show :)

Watched lot of music based shows though...
In music based shows also drama is created and some times weeping of contentants etc is shown...  That shows that they are trying for some drama to gain TRP...

I am having great hope on DC to through some light on all these games of the makers of these reality shows

Here the best part was seeing DC's expressions after Karishma danced , Her aim as she says to become famous she is ready to do anything...

And her mom is pressurizing her that by hook or crook you have to win the dance competion or go for the gala round ..

Her moves are not getting impressed on DC  he is rather seeing her as showing her untalented ways to charm the judge...

The difference of opnion between the judges is also most interesting part.

Being on the HOT seat we can see how they think sometimes and judgmental bases will always sides...

This is going to be interesting to watch the scripting for the judges will be known by the way they act

ya.. judeges part will be interesting to see how it goes...

Difference of views, how they collaborate etc are interesting to observe ...
Originally posted by ApoorvaFan

@Shanti,

Food reality shows seems to be good... Apart from MasterChef on BBC, I have not watched any cookery reality show. The challenge is tough there...

So you want to be a judege? DC ke seat pe kabja? 😊

O we watch cooking show @ home our whole family my kids also also the cupcake wars 😆😆

The restaurant makeover show in Food Network is also amazing its also based on group competition

Relaity shows have their take .. I want to see DC on the HOt seat and fun to see what his verdict is

Food reality shows are good seems to be. I know all those are popular on BBC.  I keep watching them randomly.

On Indian television, apart from singing reality shows I have never watched any thing else...

My cousin participated in a singing reality show almost 10 years back when this TRP word was not known... At that time things were decent. No drama, crying etc...

But these days the music reality shows also have become dramatized. I also watch Indian idol.

For me this dance reality show itself is a new concept.

Apu has more realistic experience I shd say. He participated in singing and dancing reality shows apart from Pati, Patni aur Woh...

i have not seen any reality shows,will be nice to know what goes behind the scenes. i always think it is a put on show,hopefully will find out now.