Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

ruchi2435

Groupbie

ruchi2435

Posted: 19 April 2012 at 4:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by atria

Varun is a damn fine actor, he does the nonchalant sarcasm thing so well. I'm looking forward to see his character development. And it is good to see him in this role after all those hammy comedies.

Gulki is still a bit raw, but in a way she suits her role. She's still a child, she doesn't quite understand the degradation she needs to escape because she hasn't faced it, only seen or heard of it. Hence her naive bravado is quite touching. How she will do in a big emotional scene remains to be seen, but for now she is quite good.

Narayani, I must say I am conflicted about her character. First, it could be that she hates her situation (hence Sugni's hatred) but is resigned to it. I would still expect to see some sorrow on her face at the thought of her daughter going to the rai dance then. Second, it could be that she has embraced this as the only lifestyle like her brothers, in which case it is odd that Sugni is a rebel, someone should have sparked the rebellion if not her mother. I wish they would show a bit more back story to make this clear.

This reminds me of a bengali film where the mother was a prostitute and wanted to get her daughter a regular customer, while the daughter wanted to study, spurred by her teacher at school. The mother there was absolutely marvelously etched, she didn't like her life but truly believed that was the only life possible for her daughter, and hence had no hesitation in trying to crush her dreams to get her the financial and physical security a regular customer would provide. I wish I could see some sort of nuance in Narayani's character that would explain what Gulabiya really thinks of her daughter's future. She possibly doesn't believe Sugni's wild dream of running away to the city, and clearly loves her, but does she see her as a rai dancer or not?Confused

And yes, the Thakurain was marvelous in that scene where she dunked her son, her rage and frustration were warping the very air around her.Clap

What is the name of the bengali film you mentioned? 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

manzilmukul

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "PSH. Ep.3 - Impressions (Page 2)" in Phir Subah Hogi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

OmaRamdass

IF-Rockerz

OmaRamdass

Posted: 19 April 2012 at 5:04pm | IP Logged
Havent see the episode yet - not shown yet but i am eagerly waiting to see what happens- will comment after

atria

Goldie

atria

Posted: 20 April 2012 at 12:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ruchi2435

What is the name of the bengali film you mentioned? 

Mondo meyer upakhyan, I think. Saw it a long time ago.

KhatamKahani

-Purva-

IF-Dazzler

-Purva-

Posted: 20 April 2012 at 1:10am | IP Logged
You may also check out the Hindi movie Giddh which is on a similar subject.

KhatamKahani

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Phir Subah Hogi Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.