why can't they show growth arc?

jjkg thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I am really disappointed that Friday's episode was not a dream, but "real" meeting between Inshi.

To add insult to injury we had today's precap

Where have CVs mind gotten to?   This marriage in motion is taking all the charm and joy out of it.

What I am most disgusted at is that nowadays everything is disjointed. There is no growth arc of Inshi. They have just come of "THE" earthshaking event in their families lives and we see no conversation between then on the repercussions of this event, how it impacts them, lessons learnt, unlearnt, emotional breakdowns etc. 

Look at how much we enjoyed the kidnapping episode. Because it had emotional catharsis in it. Rishi was saying all that we would have said had we been in his place. Indira was doing what we would have done in her place.

Yet after the rape trial, it seems things have gone to hell in a handbasket!😡  We are being treated as kids, not as mature, intelligent audience. Give us kids a lollipop in terms of some Inshi scenes and we will be happy. WTH?😡

Those Inshi scenes would have had much greater emotional impact had they happened at a much later date when the characters had dealt with trauma in the aftermath of the trial.

We have Rishi, who one moment is all desirous of his mother's blessings, and the next romancing Indira as if his mum has not just been sent to jail. No thought of even going home and consoling his father. Fine if they don't want to bring another actor into the mix presently. But at least show that Rishi went thru the paces and is grappling with his family in shambles. 

We have Indira who is supremely allergic to self reflection, almost as if if she spends one moment thinking about things, she will not like herself. So she prefers to not think at all.

Thursday's episode was so pregnant with all sorts of possibilities of Rishi and Indira growing, becoming full fledged man and woman. Rishi was especially filled with gravitas, it appeared he too had learnt some life lessons. Now he is back to happy-go-lucky boy😡

I really don't think I can continue investing my scarce energies in this show. If the makers have no respect for the audience, why should I care?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

np18 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
me too its so disappointing - exactly for the reasons that u said. its okay- i dont care what they talk about but talk something.

the epi was nice no doubt but it didnt make sense to ve something like this immediately after the trial plus indira also- vidith bhaiyya vidith bhaiyya vidith bhaiyya!  all these days and now no scene between them like vidith had no better business than to tell her that rishi s nice.

todays epi was nice for indira- rishi but bad for the cv s . im still thinking whom to choose - indira/rishi or the CVs

so much for all our discussions😕
hrsriks thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: jjkg

I am really disappointed that Friday's episode was not a dream, but "real" meeting between Inshi.

To add insult to injury we had today's precap

Yet after the rape trial, it seems things have gone to hell in a handbasket!😡  We are being treated as kids, not as mature, intelligent audience. Give us kids a lollipop in terms of some Inshi scenes and we will be happy. WTH?😡

Thursday's episode was so pregnant with all sorts of possibilities of Rishi and Indira growing, becoming full fledged man and woman. Rishi was especially filled with gravitas, it appeared he too had learnt some life lessons. Now he is back to happy-go-lucky boy😡

I really don't think I can continue investing my scarce energies in this show. If the makers have no respect for the audience, why should I care?

@Bold: aptly put... They are not giving any time for relationships to blossom or for personalities to grow.. Everything is in a rush and without too much sense...

And like you rightly said, since we love Inshi moments, we tend to lick the lollypop and be happy for the time being...Frankly I feel like I have been taken for a ride...a big one at that...

The rape track was a great chance to show how Indu and Rishi grow as individuals and also to strengthen their relationship with powerful and serious few episodes.. but no... we are back to the marriage track joke and what a joke it has been.. I mean we know for sure it won't happen... so W T F...???

We watch HD because we expect characters to depict powerful human personalities.. so that we can also learn a little bit from them... we don't want fickle characters... Rishi, by not even giving one thought about his mother or his family, is shown as a pretty weak character... Any human should definitely feel for his mother...

The precap has all but bulldozed through my patience barrier.. Don't know how long I will carry on.. (being a die hard HD and Inshi fan I will push on, but may not be for long).

Edited by hrsriks - 12 years ago
jjkg thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Dramas needs story directors who ensure the story flows, the characterization works etc.

Take the aborted wedding. We had a flow there. It made sense to see Rishi confront Sam, to show Rishi sneak back to look after Vidith. It made sense to show Indira being in state of deep shock, undergoing rituals of mourning, Ishaan trying to help her out of her grief.

All these scenes made sense. They showed the characters grappling with what had befallen them.

Now, there is not such thing.  I really cannot fathom how Indira or Rishi could dream of the silly things the day the trial ended.

In order to dream of joyous things, ones mind has to be in the right place. How could Rishi's mind be in that place given all that had just transpired.  

And if I may ask, why was that bittersweet walk in front of the courthouse needed, if all he was doing is rushing back to barsaati, shaving and striking a hero pose?

Total ruination of charcaters - both Indira and Rishi
twila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
So True... This is getting so Frustrating .    😡

What are the CVs trying to do... I just do not get it   ??... Why are they Scared of showing INSHI having a proper Heart to Heart Conversation about the big things ?? ... Why Can't they be shown to be having a proper Coversation like two Intelligent people about their feelings , about themselves ...about why they are the way they are ...about their families ...Heck they have not even shown us these two talking about what really happenned in the Vidith accident case in the US .      😕

Till now they have shown Rishi as such an Intelligent , Smart , Sincere Man... but then what has been going on in the last two epis does not gel with his character at all... it appears that they  are Scared to show him as getting Serious and Respo nsible... each time the situation needs to be shown with some Gravity ... even with Romance, ...they turn it in the direction of Flirtatious,Triviliaties in some mistaken belief that these are " Light " moments which shall be liked by the audience...Urrgghhh...      😡

.Why can't the CVs understand that we need to see some Serious, Emotional Bonding b/w INSHI which comes out of long Heart to Heart talks about the serious issues in their lives...
 i sincerely hope that they bring things back on track soon.
ShivuNozzie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
What can I say, except I completely agree with you J!
I was so disappointed and let down as a viewer after watching this illogical episode. The cvs are butchering characters and expecting us to be ok with it. Like we'll accept anything even if it is out of context and makes no sense. I really hope they get back on track soon, or their show will really start to drop. At this point I'm just watching for the cast, the story is letting me down :(
dramago thumbnail
Completely agree with all of you..
With this track CV's have completely butchered Rishi's charecter.

He didn't feel any pain when his mother was sent to jail.I don't understand how he is 
different than his family in certain things..Simi Diwan was right when she said he never
considered them as his family.Now he comes across as a selfish person who cares
only for himself and his love.

If CV's wanted to portray Rishi this way then whats the need to show him taking blessings
from the ground his mother stood on,lecturing Indira not to take what Kutumb says to heart
as she is her mother etc.
AS you said there is a great disjoint in the way Rishi's charecter is portrayed.We can no longer consider him as one with golden heart sensitive to human emotions and relationships.

Leave the growth I see a decline in the charecters as the story progresses..

kumarC thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
what kind of moral values they are going to show through these lead characters..
what is the need of forceful dream  marriage track and why cant they show both (Rishi/Indira) more responsible at this time according to the situation which could have brought more respect for the viewers.

They almost ruined the Rishi character and Indira to some more extent partially...
Edited by kumarC - 12 years ago