Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

So Sanaya Irani is just a side character here...

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 18

Page 1
Page   of 18
Page 2 Page 18

AyeReKhushi

IF-Dazzler

AyeReKhushi

Posted: 13 April 2012 at 11:05am | IP Logged
Today, it finally hit me. Khushi (Sanaya Irani) is treated like a side character, not a main lead. When this show first started, it was supposed to be about Arnav AND Khushi. That's when we fell in love with the show. That's when it was a superhit. Now, its all about Arnav...the audience is supposed to sympathize with his character, only he is allowed to show deep emotions and have flashbacks and thoughts in his head that the audience is able to see. Khushi is reduced to being a superficial and one-dimensional character...who is mostly used as comic relief on the show.

For once, they showed Khushi caring for him yesterday. She tried so hard to stay up all night, forgot that she is in a blackmail marriage...and worried about him like a wife madly in love would. Those scenes were rushed and NOT as well-written as the ones that show Arnav caring for her, but it still connected with us. Yet they couldn't let Khushi have that one moment. They had to make it all about Arnav and his selfless sacrifice today. Now she'll go back to that swami crap again.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Barun and I hope they continue writing his character so well as it does justice to his incredible talent. But I'd like them to give the same importance to Sanaya, who is just as talented. Why don't we ever get a chance to see what Khushi is thinking deep inside? Why do they make her so one-dimensional?  In fact, even Anjali is a better written character than Khushi. 

Sanaya is such a great actress who can emote well...just give her one scene where she pours her heart out and she'll have everyone rooting for her in a second. Please see how well she did in emotional scenes in her previous hit show MJHT. But no...it's like they are scared to give her character more depth. What a sad way to disrespect her talent. 

As much as I love Sanaya's chemistry with Barun, I don't care anymore. She deserves a role that does justice to her talent. I have seen other actresses on Star Plus (who can't act) but have well-written characters that make them look better than they actually are. With Sanaya, it's the opposite. Just because she can do comedy doesn't mean you reduce her to that. Stop disrespecting her and her fans.

The audiences that affect the TRPs the most are housewives in India...they don't want to see a female character given such little importance or depth. Well done CVs. Keep showing only Arnav's side of the story while Khushi gets sidelined...and IPKKND will eventually fall out of the top 10 shows next week. The audience (especially housewives) tune in to see a love story between a man and a woman (where the woman is the central character)...they don't tune in to see a one-sided story.

The following 235 member(s) liked the above post:

preethiknikkip1231pritiaggarwalaloopakoraDefLeppardsz786miriam31rempyLuvlin28fiefie0576PommePommetrs21aish23meezbibiuchuramaniloovearnavankiLuvVultureTalonjayajayafurjadniccieagle007Srk30svasanichasilvia_skylarpervinnarvignkhushishaikhsun.is.upshay94hina_1234arkhushi1Meena1428arhumFFFanshantiprasannaishritsakwdynamosrevathyjyoti_light29mybro_2004JordinAshMrvdhaliwalKuttsanjalianjaliasp23leonzkashevvaughnSajimokreianalexaxelguryaDee-mischiefJShuklaMizhikvgmatriniviisabatahirUnfinisheds_mgsanchi333swtashradiationilovesarunSounSoune_enigmaWorkerBPissa99jnsvnatzzzserendipity235Sahana2Archu61Blessluvmannuthe_breezeDreamcatcherraithena1KKG_ASRsoumyakcuteheart96heidistarlight06AtyayFairy2012showbhaPinkParilanilandbanglesmysticmanthriangel_ipkkndjazzpreetddee1001mumzcall4angela.1.1.1.1siamesecatXlolnehalolXSaNaYa_4EvErleanne_1983saddafmahmood1DAlicenirbasitofreaky_insanepink.lotusbijiliMGRMFFSKrishna_12annieKangelofillusionneverbefore.Aisha.flyblue_birdtennismaniac19fascinationgheeshakkarSarun.ZayaholicAshaviana.khanmitrabhuyanArnavBarunLoversweet_ipsinavyaalex8OyeChupKarJo_PinchyAngels11mysterygirl123huny.thebestnims6Julie0001zobshehccuteaangelmalinnspsharmilanema123Ash95sana_sugarbunsparikhBini311-Paro-SIZZZLER---Nisha---swati1975usSanliciouscyum321ShaitaanSundari9staroneserials..Damsel..fareearshiyanaPashnasanny-beautifultttttt1nonasiArnavKhushijodiRag1niipkknd-fanachu_arshiCyberpsychoooDrwhozsewaqafsuutia.okooltoadMentalExotica-Dreamer-Chaituv-BaRul-ParAz-Hot.Pink.Heelsasha...arshi_karishshena07SanzBarbieGulabiBhaiswin7CDlovemonsi08nb2011Kamalika..caskerbanditqueenn.lara3110--sumana13--EtherealSanz..Jyo.SwaNia_2-Sush-VistaaP.SrinivasrashikaSeerialLoopsmoodie.foodieSenorita SanayaRabba-Ve-Delenamadspinky_blueskiesnaz17555DiyaSShwetha!FireSafireFireeserialjunkieCandYlicious_S-CreativeSoul-Prinsesse.Suvishewolf..Kiran.riti4uDiamondLifeOnepoundChicBakiGundayVedantNeloufer.sbk2incandescentSanayaFlawlessGayuArnavCatz.RangRasiyaKookiemonster-Vee05-FairyLiquidSoapsilvia1999-ElmoFuj-soharaRiima_Azraapolly_mkPhoenixRisingSanz.dobrevagasmsprincessunaraSanzPaRudholic

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "So Sanaya Irani is just a side character here..." in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Angad_Diwani

Goldie

Angad_Diwani

Posted: 13 April 2012 at 11:09am | IP Logged
hey i think that u are prob venting due lack of proper ARHI scenes ...

If u ask me ... its all abt K these days : her OTT behaviour, her silly acts, her stupid schemes to irritate ASR... I mean why cant she just try and find out the real reason ASR is so pissed offf at her. why oh why???

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

anjalianjalimarrtyKuttsaira02FlamingsOfLovetrishy13-Ramya-sanaroxxCetroniapinky89LaxshaLOVEArshi

Safi123

IF-Dazzler

Safi123

Posted: 13 April 2012 at 11:11am | IP Logged
what kind of post is? are you trying to create fights?

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

saymiaMissPunjabinainac01BaruunSobtichocolate15shagun_sarunLaxshaLOVEArshi

jnsv

jnsv

Posted: 13 April 2012 at 11:16am | IP Logged
CHILLAX BUDDY.can u read d recent article?according to that kushi character cannot realised her luv feelings yet. they worked out for d scene. patience is must in daily soaps. time cum for kushi to show her luv 2wards arnav.MARK MY WORDS KUSHI LUV MAY B SLOW BUT IT IS PERMANANET AND  STRONGER THAN ARNAV LUV ...  
pls dnt bring sanaya r barun here.they actually do what d script demands...

Edited by jnsv - 13 April 2012 at 11:16am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

dreams77KuttsAshavinonasiLaxshaLOVEArshi

xsumi

IF-Rockerz

xsumi

Posted: 13 April 2012 at 11:16am | IP Logged
i think u got ur self wrong LOL
sanaya is one of the main character
and also arnav ..and also anjali i guess

but this show is about love
and it got to do with arnav and khushi finding love for eachother 
and also the love between arnav and sis sister anjali 

so sanaya is not a side character
xxx

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sz786MissPunjabinonasiipkknd-fanmelihoneyLaxshaLOVEArshi

sunaina02

IF-Stunnerz

sunaina02

Posted: 13 April 2012 at 11:17am | IP Logged
I have been saying the same thing ( in fact said the same thing yesterday in Rimas thread).    

Sanaya Irani deserves more .  She can do comedy well (. In fact Barun can do comedy well too -  proof BHPH) but that does not mean Khushi shold only be used for comic relief and her character demeaned and degraded  continuously .  

The following 40 member(s) liked the above post:

sz786Luvlin28PommePommeaish23marrtyrevathydynamosSunshine25serendipity235Pissa99Unfinishedmumzddee1001XlolnehalolXpink.lotusnirbasitofascinationarshiyanaOlive_RosenonasiSanlicious---Nisha---AyeReKhushiHorizonEtherealSanz..Jyo.banditqueenn.hukshilaCDloveDiamondLifepinky89incandescentMephistoKookiemonsterCatz.RangRasiyaOnepoundChicLaxshaLOVEArshiriti4uShwetha!momma1128

AyeReKhushi

IF-Dazzler

AyeReKhushi

Posted: 13 April 2012 at 11:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angad_Diwani

hey i think that u are prob venting due lack of proper ARHI scenes ...

If u ask me ... its all abt K these days : her OTT behaviour, her silly acts, her stupid schemes to irritate ASR... I mean why cant she just try and find out the real reason ASR is so pissed offf at her. why oh why???
Nope...she may be getting the same screen time as Arnav but her scenes are meaningless and reduced mostly to comedy. She is not growing as a character nor are we seeing any depth in her.

On the other hand, Arnav's scenes are deep and meaningful like the one he had with Anjali today. If they keep writing the show like this, the audience will only sympathize and understand Arnav's pain. He's allowed to show his feelings, Khushi's feelings are reduced to mindless comedy. 

It's kind of amusing that they are supposed to show him repenting in 6 months. Why does he have to bother repenting when they are already making it easier for us to sympathize with him over Khushi?

If they keep this up, the TRPs will keep dropping. Trust me, housewives don't want to see a female character given such little importance to the overall storytelling.

Edited by AyeReKhushi - 13 April 2012 at 11:19am

The following 38 member(s) liked the above post:

PommePommerevathydynamosmarrtyJordinkashevshay94k_k_ataklima_najDee-guryaPissa99BlessNeemsundarifascinationAshavipink.lotusnirbasitoipkknd-fanDrwho..Damsel..Olive_RosePashnanonasiasha...SanzBarbieSwaNia_2Jyo.kooltoadCandYlicious_SOnepoundChicDiamondLifeSenorita Sanayanaz17555Shwetha!serialjunkieMephistoprincessunara

rima

IF-Sizzlerz

rima

Posted: 13 April 2012 at 11:19am | IP Logged
sanaya did many soaps. it is this which brough her to limelight even more mjht. yes she deserves more. but we cannot deny khushi is a lovely role to play, much better than the gopis, aksharas and archanas on telly world

The following 29 member(s) liked the above post:

sz786Luvlin28Kuttsarhumaira02niviinainac01Sunshine25fascinationMGRMFFSzobshehmegustajalebiXlolnehalolXnonasimelihoneySIZZZLERFatz77shagun_sarunasha...CDloveSwaNia_2Jyo.kooltoadOnepoundChicDiamondLifesbk2pinky89Mephistosunaina02

Post Reply New Post

Go to top