Kratika goes red in the face!

VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago

Punarvivaah actress embarassed to enact a bold scene 
where her character finds a sexy negligee and a pack of condoms planted in her bedroom

Actress Kratika Sengar was in for a moment of embarassment when she recently read the script of a rather bold scene for an upcoming episode of her latest show onZee TV, Punarvivaah. Regular loyalists of the show will know that Kratika's character Aarti has recently tied the knot with Yash (played by actor Gurmeet Chaudhary) and that the marriage is more a compromise for the sake of their respective children's well-being. With Yash being a widower still in mourning over the loss of his much beloved wife and Aarti being unceremoniously dumped by her first husband, neither of them really wanted to remarry. However, the two prioritize their children's needs over their own personal wishes and get hitched.

Knowing fully well that the two are entering the institution of marriage with a lot of avoidable emotional baggage and that they lack the initial spark required to set things rolling, Yash's cheeky younger brother Pratik (played by actorDishank Arora) decides to add a little spice to the proceedings on their suhaag raat. So, the scene where Kratika and Gurmeet step into their bedroom on the wedding night had the newly-weds stumbling and falling into each other's arms as a result of the talcum powder the younger brother has cunningly sprinkled on the floor. Not just this, the bride then finds a skimpy negligee kept aside specially for her to wear in the night and a pack of condoms planted by the badmaash bhai near the pillow to ensure that the wedding night isn't a lacklustre affair with no "fireworks".

"What??? Are you serious? You guys have got to be kidding me?" was Kratika's first reaction when she read the script. After all, it isn't easy for a girl who hails from a traditional background to sit with her family and watch scenes that even remotely hint at one's sex life. But when she sportingly acted the scene out and watched the rushes, she realised how real and relatable the entire sequence was. Kratika said, "Though I was initially awkward about enacting a scene with such progressive elements, I realised later when I saw it in entirety that these are the kind of naughty pranks played between mischievous siblings on wedding nights these days. We live in the 21st century and it's high time we gave up on our prudish ways. Television needs to mirror contemporary reality and I am proud to be part of a show that does exactly that."

http://www.tvmasala.com/zee-tv/kratika-goes-red-in-the-face