Punar Vivah

Is Aarti annoying any of you?

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago

Is it just me, or is Aarti starting to annoy you guys? It seems like all she's cared about since the past few episodes is Ansh. Of course I understand her protective instincts as a mother, but if she expects Yash to be a father to Ansh, shouldn't she be a mother to Payal and Palak? While she fretted over Ansh all night in yesterday's episode, she never once asked about Payal and Palak, whether they were asleep or not.

So far, Aarti has been kind of partial towards Ansh, that she hasn't shown the least amount of care for her new family or marriage. Of course, they are not perfect people but I think she should feel some responsibility for the relationship she entered into, and show some concern for at least Payal and Palak if not Yash.

I do not blame the girls for fearing their new stepmother, because so far she hasn't really made an effort to get to know them, whereas Yash is at least smiling at Ansh and allowing him some liberties like riding in the car with them.

How many of you are kind of annoyed with Aarti's partiality?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

angake thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
If you had asked this question after Aarti has been staying with Yash's family for a while, I would have said yes. 

Right now my answer would be no.  She has been in the Scindia house for few hours. I think it is very natural of her to worry about her son as opposed to Payal and Palak who have their own relatives to take care of them this particular night. 

Also, I think she has certainly made an effort to befriend them. Some instances that come to my mind are: at the mall, then at Ganesh Puja, then at the wedding when Ansh fell down. In fact, when you look at it, every time she has met the girls she has made an effort to be friendly to them. On her first night at the Scindia household, asking her to treat Palak and Payal just like she would Ansh, I think is being very unfair on Aarti.
tarantulla_p thumbnail
Aarti is layered. She has been hurt many times in her life by the few people she has loved (her parents and Prashant). So, she has adapted a tough exterior and has a survivor's front. There is no one but Shobha who really understands her.

She tends to obsess on Ansh because he is probably been her avocation for the last few years and she was unsure of her place in the Scindhia household. I am sure she will be more relaxed, what with Yash proclaiming no interest in her as a woman but only as a mom. I am sure we will see her making an effort to be Payal and Palak's mom. Talking of who, I do hope they get more screen space. As cute as Ansh is, its not fair that Yash's kids are not highlighted.
anu93 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Its too early to say that Aarti doesn't care about Payal and Palak...she has came to Scindhia house few hours ago. She'll take time to adjust with new environment new people. I'm sure Aarti will love Payal and Palak like their own motheršŸ˜³
DMKJ_VB thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Janu, i wouldn't exactly say so. I agree, at some points, her behaviour was not correct.but its only natural that she will care right now more about Ansh...she has not had any chance to interact properly with Palak-Payal, apart from the mall. And she was terrific there. In fact Yash was at a loss. He never responded to Ansh then, which was again quite natural for him. 
Also PAyal and Palak hv been absolutely rude to aarti ever since the Ganesh Puja, it was she who tried to be friendly, she smiled at them, but they made faces. Same thing happened when ansh fell down. Aarti was not only concerned about ansh, she immediately chkd if Payal-Palak were all right, though she knew very well that they weren't hurt, but it was her protective motherly instinct! Again Payal was very very rude to her, which broke my heart.
Aarti is not at all partial. I hv to agree with yash's dadi...this woman is so full of motherly love...she will be the best mother to all the three kids.
Edited by DMKJ_VB - 12 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
I guess Aarti is not very partial, but she's obsessing over Ansh a bit too much. I guess it's natural since she and Ansh are in a new place, but it was kind of getting annoying to see her not pay any attention to the rituals or even make an attempt to care about them like Yash was.

I too think it's not fair that Yash's daughters are not given much screen space in the story...are they not main characters compared to Ansh?
Break.The.Code thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
At some points I tend to think Aarti is partial..But Payal and Palak neither talk to her nor depend on her like Ansh which may be the reason for her partial behaviour.
She dotes upon Ansh because he's the reason for her to live.
On the other side,yes she has to care about PayLak coz she is their mother now.Now I tend to think,Mumma Dragon was right after all..