What the hell is going on? (Page 8)

applenpeaches IF-Dazzler
applenpeaches
applenpeaches

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 3:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anumber1

Originally posted by sonuni

Originally posted by -Pj-

I don't understand why if you are a Jeevika and Maanvi fan then you automatically do not like any other couple in the show.   

I understand Jeevika inability lie, but she did prepare for the whole meeting which makes her inability to handle Maya annoying. They made her look like Bambi.

Why did she have to give up her career after getting married. She worked for years to get her degree and she gives it all up. Are there not children in Chandigarh who she can teach? Being a teacher is almost like being a actor, you put on a facade in front of children to engage them in their learning. You work with co-workers you may dislike but interact with and parents who think you don't know anything, because your only a teacher and not the child's parent. Giving it up could be the reason why she is so scattered as being a teacher is very hectic and when holidays come or someone gives it up, you have no idea what to do.    

In the serial they are not showing that Viren is stopping Jeevika from working. Might have been her own decision.

The heroines of most of the popular serials are home makers! Must be some indian thing! The script writers of serials have this feeling that if a woman is independent they cant be a good wife and look after her family. 

Yeah but in that Suhana show (don't watch it but it comes on before Iss Pyar so I get glimpses here and there) 2 of the 3 bhabis work. Even Kushi has her dabba business. Why can't Jeevika, who has a degree, work as well? It's not like Viren and Jeevika have children. I don't get it.

Dont ask! I learned that after watching hindi serials! 

Shanana must be a more practical show (havent watched it).

Dont talk about IPKKND. They shell out only **** in the current episodes! 

Edit: No offense to IPKKND fans. Just my opinion.

Edited by sonuni - 11 April 2012 at 3:36pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anumber1-Sara.

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Eyes-Wide-Shut

I guess we are all fighting a losing battle here. They makers are showing what the public demands and sadly the people want buttery flaky superficial romance between the couples so that's what we get!

But but the general public i.e. couch potatoes also want to see the sisters the most. The ratings prove that not a few thousand phangurls who can't see beyond their couple. People want to see  a STORY before anything and a relationship which is going to pull at their heartstrings! Vireka and Virman aren't going to make anyone cry exactly are they? Behnas can do that at a drop of a hat. 

What is this agree/disagree game we are playing...hmmm!

LOL I cannot spam anymore! I think I've grown too old but I have put forward my criticism on that useless page. But I cannot continuously do it -___- If they want to listen then fine if not then bhaar mein jaaye aur joh show ka karna hai kare!

Edited by *Reemz* - 11 April 2012 at 3:37pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

anumber1canuck-umz-Pj--Sara.

-Pj- IF-Rockerz
-Pj-
-Pj-

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 3:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anumber1

I don't understand why if you are a Jeevika and Maanvi fan then you automatically do not like any other couple in the show.   

I understand Jeevika inability lie, but she did prepare for the whole meeting which makes her inability to handle Maya annoying. They made her look like Bambi.

Why did she have to give up her career after getting married. She worked for years to get her degree and she gives it all up. Are there not children in Chandigarh who she can teach? Being a teacher is almost like being a actor, you put on a facade in front of children to engage them in their learning. You work with co-workers you may dislike but interact with and parents who think you don't know anything, because your only a teacher and not the child's parent. Giving it up could be the reason why she is so scattered as being a teacher is very hectic and when holidays come or someone gives it up, you have no idea what to do.    

In the serial they are not showing that Viren is stopping Jeevika from working. Might have been her own decision.

The heroines of most of the popular serials are home makers! Must be some indian thing! The script writers of serials have this feeling that if a woman is independent they cant be a good wife and look after her family. 

Yeah but in that Suhana show (don't watch it but it comes on before Iss Pyar so I get glimpses here and there) 2 of the 3 bhabis work. Even Kushi has her dabba business. Why can't Jeevika, who has a degree, work as well? It's not like Viren and Jeevika have children. I don't get it.

Viren has never been shown to have discouraged Jeevika teaching. It could have been Jeevika decision to give up work for some time. But show that decision. I don't watch any other Indian shows expect this one, so I wasn't aware of other leads working in their dramas. But with nayi soch of SP, working women should be encouraged. Why not have show with a women's struggle to manage her job and family. Wait no that 'The Good Wife' (sorry love that show, somehow ended up in here) But in actually fact many women work, they don't simply stay at home and fold clothes. (Not that I'm saying being a housewife is a bad thing) I won't start on my rant about Jeevika working as a teacher as I'll be here all night about that.   

canuck-umz-Sara.

Eyes-Wide-Shut IF-Dazzler
Eyes-Wide-Shut
Eyes-Wide-Shut

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 3:43pm | IP Logged
@Reemz: I understand people want behna scenes but unfortunately those people like myelf never make it to the spamming page. An average aunty watching this show is not going to log onto IF and comment or go to whatever page one goes to spam the makers. So unfortunately the producers hear those who scream the loudest :(

lol and join the disagree game it's a lot of fun!

anumber1canuck-umz

-Sara. IF-Sizzlerz
-Sara.
-Sara.

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 3:45pm | IP Logged
I agree ^
I know Jeevika should work. where's the Nayi Soch gone?
did a fish eat it?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

anumber1applenpeachescanuck-umz

applenpeaches IF-Dazzler
applenpeaches
applenpeaches

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 3:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Eyes-Wide-Shut

Hey Sonuni,
We are not saying that Viren is stopping Jeevika from pursuing her career. And no it is not some 'Indian thing' to show women in such light. The fact that makes me mad and makes everyone else mad here is that they don't even show women as home makers. They show women as dumb, spineless door mats. That's the problem no one is saying that being a homemaker is bad, my aunt is one & we have all the respect for her. Being a home maker is a tough job but women of Indian soaps are not home makers by any stretch of the imagination.

Indian women are educated, they support their family and manage a household. That is the Indian thing.

Pj sorry for hijacking this post it was obviously referred to you.

Let me make it clear that I am not offended by your post. 

I meant that it is an indian thing for hindi serials to show women as home makers and not career oriented. Most popular shows though, women centered, have women characters who dont go to work! I dont understand why. Most indian women work. I myself think a woman should be independent. But most serials show the opposite. Very few serials have working women characters. So I am not surprised Jeevika stopped working after her marriage.

canuck-umz-Sara.

Eyes-Wide-Shut IF-Dazzler
Eyes-Wide-Shut
Eyes-Wide-Shut

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 3:49pm | IP Logged
@Sonuni: Ohhh you are just making an observation! Sorry completely missed that *facepalm*

@Saraa: lol I am sure even the fishes are tired of eating the nayi soch

Edited by Eyes-Wide-Shut - 11 April 2012 at 3:51pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

canuck-umz

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 3:48pm | IP Logged
I disagree =))

LOL unfortunately I must go. Work calls -__- It was great discussing with you lot! I feel much better after venting and it's nice to see others feeling the same Big smile. Let's see what happens with the show and our MIA Behnaaas!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

anumber1Eyes-Wide-Shutcanuck-umz-Sara.

Go to top