India-Forums

Afsar Bitiya
Afsar Bitiya

11/4 Episode Discussion (Page 4)

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 12 April 2012 at 4:26am | IP Logged
Well, Krishna never considers her mother as apt mate for intellectual talk. That is given and understood. No argument about that.

We have seen plenty of times, Krishna reacting to Saraswati only in bounds ..she either will give in to her mother's wish or will not. It will be either yes or no.  Never will she have any argument with her.

Why would a girl do that when she had plenty of evidences before, like getting the cerificate torn etc...

And that is the reason why she stops her father from arguing with her mother day before yesterday. She keeps the matter between herself and her mother and chooses to stay quiet at that minute, but then next day does not stop even for 2 minutes deliberation before visiting Pinto.

My point was ..I get it that Saraswati having got the role to be nurturer, has become like the way she is. But my argument is qualitatively this is not good. A woman reduced to not use her finer intelligence, but just take care of mundane responsibilities...its tough, I get that. When Krishna became BDO and Saraswati saw her on Television, she forced herself to see things differently. She remembered the torn certificate scene. This is character growth. Earlier in giving the undiluted milk, she showed yet another growth.

Sarwaswati is now falling to new kinds of challenges...having to deal with a BDO daughter. I guess its going to be difficult for her also, from now on. There is no tradition here to follow. So what kind of fall out we will have between these two women, we will have to wait and watch.

So I have collected my thoughts to see Saraswati from this poor mother's struggle point and how she manages, what are her means to ends, how much ego she allows for herself and where can she let go of her pride or ego or for that matter allow love.

When in school, one of the all time favourite hindi assignment for our teachers was asking us ti write essay on "GARIBI EK ABHISHAAP" ..  (Poverty is a Curse). OMG, it used to be the most boring one and head racking one on what to write and what not to...So I am kind of now in that state watching Saraswati and Ravi. LOL And would you guess why that essay was so important ? It was because of Indira Gandhi so famous "Garibi Hatao" Political campaign post emergency period. So it was a political subject and children like us forced to understand Garibi and its implications, ramifications and how to get out of it. Stern Smile

Edited by shridevigaddam - 12 April 2012 at 4:41am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

SamanalyseAngeloScurosigrid-SilverDragon-Dilbole_ShiOmRu

AngeloScuro IF-Rockerz
AngeloScuro
AngeloScuro

Posted: 12 April 2012 at 5:10am | IP Logged

@Shri: What you just said, triggered this song in my memory.

My parents used to listen to this.

Edited by AngelDark - 12 April 2012 at 5:12am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sigridSamanalyse-SilverDragon-moniluvskinshuk

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 12 April 2012 at 6:14am | IP Logged
@Shri: No, actually I don't think Saraswati was the nurturer in their family at all. She was the one that provided them their needs and made sure they were fed, clothed and that their school fees was paid. VP was the nurturer who actually was able to listen to his children, relate to them as people, understand and encourage their dreams and perform all the parental tasks which are on a much more emotional and intellectual plane.

The only exception was Ravi who was the only child nurtured by Saraswati by virtue of being male. So what I was trying to say was that Saraswati has her strengths and among them are the ability to manage the survival of the family from day to day, month to month and year to year, as Krishna mentions in the very first interview. However, her role does not extend to any emotional understanding but it doesn't have to as long as VP has that end covered, which is why I said they are co-dependent.

For her marriage is just another one of the practical needs that has to be taken care of and so she concerns herself with it. But much more immediately the cable bill is in order so she handles things as they come. Also the declaration of using Krishna's money for the cable bill came after VP said she shouldn't get married for a while. So maybe that was also her way of accepting the situation of her earning daughter contributing to the household.

sigridAngeloScuro-SilverDragon-moniluvskinshuk

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 12 April 2012 at 6:28am | IP Logged
Sam,
I called Saraswati nurturer in the sense of feeding required for basic sustenance. Vidya earns, but eod Saraswati is the one feeding the family along with other sustaining requirements like clothing, education etc.
Did not put her as the nurturer in the intellectual and emotional sense, both of which are needed for children in their growing years.

sigridSamanalyseAngeloScuro-SilverDragon-

moniluvskinshuk IF-Stunnerz
moniluvskinshuk
moniluvskinshuk

Posted: 12 April 2012 at 6:30am | IP Logged
@Angel

Lovely sweet Adorable pics Angel .Thanks .  lovedd it .Embarrassed

Wowww Nice Discussion going on Saraswati , Well I also think like Sam tht It's Saraswati's basic nature which was shown from Day1 she was introduced . She never ever thought about long term effect but she always was a impulsive decision maker who wout even thinking abt aftereffectes used 2 take decisions and now also she is doing the same , So nothing changed in her , She is the same which she was before .

Edited by moniluvskinshuk - 12 April 2012 at 6:30am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sigridAngeloScuro-SilverDragon-

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 12 April 2012 at 8:33am | IP Logged
Today's thread:

www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2929806#55731510

Heart

Edited by Samanalyse - 12 April 2012 at 8:33am

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Afsar Bitiya Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index