Afsar Bitiya

11/4 Episode Discussion (Page 3)

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shridevigaddam

And missed writing about my take on the PRECAP scene 

The scene from promo was flashed. Whereas in episodic reality, Krishna's day of blue saree had already passed. And even is she is still wearing, why is Pinto not in his yellow shirt? And why is it such a bright day when already it is night/evening? 

Is it a dream sequence ?

What is it?

Well (thankfully) Pintu's mid-market confession was more symbolic than literal so I am hoping for something similar here. Maybe they are saving the actual episode scene for tomorrow as a surprise. Or maybe they just couldn't get an outdoor shoot in at the right time, but why kill the magic?

And thanks for the info about the saree! I loved her saree today the most out of all of them. I have a huge thing for multicoloured prints and so I loved the border on that saree. It was gorgeous in a psychedelic way, just like I like it! LOL

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

AngeloScuro0-SD-0sigrid-SilverDragon-Dilbole_ShiOmRumoniluvskinshuk

-SilverDragon- IF-Sizzlerz
-SilverDragon-
-SilverDragon-

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
Awesome analyses everyone it's nice reading everyone's anaylses and predictions I'll try and add something but my brains not working properly nowdays (basically I'm getting lazy as I'm in the holiday mood) so I can't but love reading what you lot write.  Thumbs Up

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sigridAngeloScuro0-SD-0moniluvskinshuk

AngeloScuro IF-Rockerz
AngeloScuro
AngeloScuro

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 6:32pm | IP Logged

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sigridSamanalyse0-SD-0-SilverDragon-moniluvskinshuk

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 7:14pm | IP Logged
Afresh from the much needed sleep, here I am with my biggest concern of the day. I had reserved writing it out for later.  Big smile

***********I don't understand Saraswati ***********

Saraswati's biggest feeling of responsibility is getting her girls married.  At whatever cost.

Earlier she was okay to have Swati married through sacrificing Krishna's happiness. She was heartless to ignore Krishna's gateway into happiness..she could have the head to ask Krishna to forget her preparations for the BDO's competitive examination and get married to a widower who was the elder brother of Swati's match. She did not care to think how the two sisters equations will change if such kind of marriage did happen.

What did Saraswati care about at this point: Swati''s marriage or two girls getting married in one shot ?

Later writers wrote an episode's worth of dialogues asking us to see what kind of loving mother she is even as she is a "Majboor" mother.
As she passes the mains exam, Saraswati is now okay to give Krishna the Khati doodh (undiluted milk), the symbolic break in discriminating girls against boys.

Now, a match from a DC has come for Krishna. Saraswati does not give it any thought, not even for two seconds and is ready to say yes to the match. She does not care to think even now if her daughter can have any say in this. According to her Krishna is her daughter first and then an officer. And a daughter is still her responsibilty and she has to get married sooner or later!

Then today, what was that? Why was Saraswati explaining to Chanchal and Ravi that they will have to wait for Krishna's salary in order to pay for the cable bill. And not only that, Saraswati actually is talking to Krishna and explaining what all the things they need for the house, like arranging for a different furniture for their living room.

Doesn't Saraswati realize that if Krishna will get married, she won't be able to depend on her salary. So when she was ready to get her married, then why get into habit of living over her means ?Confused

I do not have any problem, a mom depending on her daughter for improvement of house and quality of life around it. Not at all. Infact I welcome that. 
However, I have a problem with the ways writers are changing Saraswati's character in matter of 2 - 3 episodes that it doesn't fit the bill at all. A mother who says, She is my daughter first and officer later, a mother who dragged her daughter into the house in literal physical sense is actually a mother with plenty of parental ego. And this ego pride would never allow her to ask anything of Krishna for her house at least in the immediate turn of events. She would be a proud mother who will not let her position be compromised by asking Krishna to help her financially.

I am now really confused at the turn of her character. Why writers are doing this to her character. I am unable to call her short-sighted woman, heartless mother, or a hypocritic mother. I am just confused.

While Saraswati and Vidyapati's husband-wife relationship is excellently portrayed, Saraswati's relationship with her kids (son and daughters) is really questionable. Does she really love them enough to inspire them, guide them, instill principles on how to get on with life ? Or this is an intentional flaw within Saraswati's character from the writers ? That she is so wrapped in her house-wife (Gruh-Lakshmi) duties that she never really bothers to know what her children in their individual capacity want for themselves ? Is she really playing an honest mother from lower middle class strata who can never be an intellectual ?

The way Ravi has turned out, is an apt example of the mother who just follows traditions and not question them in a person's betterment. Will Saraswati ever realize this? Will there be any growth? Or these things are better exposed and not addressed over that same person depicting the issue, but addressed as a social commentary for the audience ? If indeed this is a social commentary on a lower middle class woman's perception on a girl daughter, then are we happy that it is being portrayed correctly and that all viewers are getting the message,

I am not sure...but I am really going through that characterstic Pinto realization...moving his hand over the back of his head when confused...that it might be true. I am not liking how this mother does not think of the future of her kids and is totally wrapped in the rigmarole of mundane house-keeping that she has to get on with no matter what. Piteous indeed at this lack of quality in life.

Edited by shridevigaddam - 11 April 2012 at 7:25pm

sigridSamanalyseAngeloScuro-SilverDragon-moniluvskinshuk-Ursh-

AngeloScuro IF-Rockerz
AngeloScuro
AngeloScuro

Posted: 12 April 2012 at 12:53am | IP Logged

Later

( Video credits Dhruvie)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sigrid-SilverDragon-moniluvskinshuk

AngeloScuro IF-Rockerz
AngeloScuro
AngeloScuro

Posted: 12 April 2012 at 2:25am | IP Logged

@ Shri: I think she has her world view and it comes crashing with Vidhyapathi's world view, but because there is love in that relationship it does not escalate into bad arguments.

Whereas she tries to instill her values on the children but sometimes she is overruled by Vidhyapahti. So her children have two distinct examples to follow. Swati followed her mother. Krishna follows her father majorly and she has been given his set of principles to follow to a major extent. Ravi is getting out of both their hands. Chanchal is imbibing all the characteristics of her parents and her siblings.

In short, I have no idea what to say about Saraswati Raj. She is too multifaceted and contradictory.But all her arguments lead to running the house and her daughters getting married.

The lack of being able to pay the cable bill might have been one instance where she had run out patience with Chanchal's talk and she needed to shut her up quick.

Edited by AngelDark - 12 April 2012 at 3:38am

sigridSamanalyse0-SD-0-SilverDragon-Dilbole_ShiOmRumoniluvskinshuk

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 12 April 2012 at 2:45am | IP Logged
@Shri: I don't think the inconsistency of Saraswati's character is an aberration. I think that is her character. She has no principles that overrule her entire life and thinking, the way that VP and Krishna do. She does what is most convenient and fights for survival at every turn. She doesn't really weigh the pros and cons of a situation, think deeply about their effect in the future or how they align with her principles. There is absolutely no thought for the long term. This can be explained by their poverty and how she has had to manage so much with so little money. Her life was about minute to minute survival.

And I think the VP-Saraswati relationship works so well because they are completely co-dependent. He brings in the money and she manages it, she takes care of the childrens' needs and he nurtures them intellectually and emotionally, at least in the case of the girls. However, with Ravi it is different, Saraswati is the nurturer in that case and we can clearly see the difference in Ravi's entitled upbringing when compared to the very level-headed girls of the family.

So I think that Saraswati just rolls with the punches, that itself is her character thanks to her lifelong struggle for mere survival.

sigridAngeloScuro0-SD-0-SilverDragon-Dilbole_ShiOmRumoniluvskinshuk

AngeloScuro IF-Rockerz
AngeloScuro
AngeloScuro

Posted: 12 April 2012 at 3:41am | IP Logged
I'd like to further add that Krishna did not share her letter from Pintu with her mother first. It was her father she shared it with, so at gut instinct level she knows that her father will be level headed and not blast her for that, unlike her mother. I think she knew what she was doing when she shared it with her father, but there was 5% doubt how he will take it because it was new kind of dilemma she was in at this stage.

If Krishna had shared the letter with her mother she would have blasted her to hell and back. So I will shortcut my argument and say that this also shows that Saraswati is a bit hot-headed.LOL

Edited by AngelDark - 12 April 2012 at 3:44am

sigridSamanalyse0-SD-0-SilverDragon-Dilbole_ShiOmRumoniluvskinshuk

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Afsar Bitiya Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index