Balika Vadhu

India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

Why can't Anandi stay in the haveli as a daughter? (Page 5)

atria Goldie
atria
atria

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 3:48pm | IP Logged
hima why do you think Anandi is not being truthful about her motives for staying with the Singhs? She has always been taught that they are her true family, they too (esp Bhairon and Sumitra) have consistently loved her as a daughter, favouring her over their philandering son. She probably thinks of them as her family more than her parents. Her own parents taught her to think this way, as did the Singhs, from the tender age of eight. Love for in-laws CAN be greater than love for parents in this case. Anandi for all her mahaanta overdose has never been shown dishonest or motivated by greed. If anything she is loyal to a fault. So it makes sense that her loyalty towards the Singhs is the main reason for not leaving, not wanting Jagya back or material gain. Confused

Edited by atria - 11 April 2012 at 3:50pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tiny15

surabhi01 IF-Sizzlerz
surabhi01
surabhi01

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 5:08pm | IP Logged
listen hima  please do not say  that anandi has nothing done good for others .if u cant write true about anandi then please do not write any false thing about anandi . 

Edited by surabhi01 - 11 April 2012 at 5:09pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tiny15

woman11 Goldie
woman11
woman11

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 5:17pm | IP Logged
Isn't it weird that when the negativities of a person is shown, there is immense effort to drag her out of mud, justify all her actions and find the hidden reasons of goodness in the depths of their mind--in spite of them announcing their negative thoughts or committing negative actions quite blatantly.
And when a person is shown in a positive light, there is also immense effort to drag her to the mud, question all her actions and find hidden reasons of evil in the depths of their minds--in spite of them announcing their positive thoughts or committing positive actions quite blatantly. ROFL

Why tax our brain so much? If Anandi had any hidden purpose the CVs would have given her an internal monologue---just the way Gauri thinks aloud with her evil plans.LOL Contrarily, if Gauri had any hidden goodness the CVs would have given her an internal monologue too--just the way Anandi thinks about doing good to people.

Similarly, if Anandi is announcing the reason of her stay with the Singhs so clearly, why break our head over hidden purposes? She might be an old fashioned, superstitious, overtly dutiful, emotionally blind foolish woman who feels bound to her in laws out of love and duty. Why judge her with the umbrella notion that every divorced or widowed woman should go back to her parents? She might be operating on a completely different parameter, logic and value system different from ours.

We can talk about only what is shown in the serial and what is portrayed in the characters through their own dialogues. These are not real life people, and all fictional characters get assessed according to what is in the text, not what may lie within their deeper psyches. Because it is impossible to know the deeper psyches of fictional characters unless we make wild assumptions and guesses. And wild assumptions and guesses, as we all know, just have no limits!!LOL

By wild assumptions, we can say Gauri's mother might have had a fling with Bhairon in the past, hence her intense resentment for the Singh family; or that Gauri was not pregnant at all and she set it up with the doctor to gain Jagya's sympathy. Does our imagination have any bounds?ROFL

Edited by woman11 - 11 April 2012 at 8:06pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Chytrasamvi.hookedMisseshaswetha_chankit111loveanimeBlukittentiny15

redapple1 Goldie
redapple1
redapple1

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 6:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by woman11

By wild assumptions, we can say Gauri's mother might have had a fling with Bhairon in the past, hence her intense resentment for the Singh family; or that Gauri was not pregnant at all and she set it up with the doctor to gain Jagya's sympathy. Does our imagination have any bounds?ROFL

Please don't give any wild ideas for creatives Wink Don't want to see Gowri's mom plotting to get entrance to the haveli. That will be too much.. LOLLOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

woman11Misseshatiny15

Chytra Goldie
Chytra
Chytra

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 8:28pm | IP Logged

Isn't it weird that when the negativities of a person is shown, there is immense effort to drag her out of mud, justify all her actions and find the hidden reasons of goodness in the depths of their mind--in spite of them announcing their negative thoughts or committing negative actions quite blatantly.
And when a person is shown in a positive light, there is also immense effort to drag her to the mud, question all her actions and find hidden reasons of evil in the depths of their minds--in spite of them announcing their positive thoughts or committing positive actions quite blatantly. ROFL

Why tax our brain so much? If Anandi had any hidden purpose the CVs would have given her an internal monologue---just the way Gauri thinks aloud with her evil plans.LOL Contrarily, if Gauri had any hidden goodness the CVs would have given her an internal monologue too--just the way Anandi thinks about doing good to people.

Similarly, if Anandi is announcing the reason of her stay with the Singhs so clearly, why break our head over hidden purposes? She might be an old fashioned, superstitious, overtly dutiful, emotionally blind foolish woman who feels bound to her in laws out of love and duty. Why judge her with the umbrella notion that every divorced or widowed woman should go back to her parents? She might be operating on a completely different parameter, logic and value system different from ours.

We can talk about only what is shown in the serial and what is portrayed in the characters through their own dialogues. These are not real life people, and all fictional characters get assessed according to what is in the text, not what may lie within their deeper psyches. Because it is impossible to know the deeper psyches of fictional characters unless we make wild assumptions and guesses. And wild assumptions and guesses, as we all know, just have no limits!!LOL
s who are talking

Dear Anatara,
well done!Clap. I don't get the logice why anandi has to run to her parent's house. After marriage parents get paraya and in laws are apna parivaar. IN what way would it get better?? If at all Anandi goes to her house it will DEFINITELY get worse as it is considered a shame when the daughter returns home as her husband left her. I am from those remote villages where I have seen what will happen to women in these situations. All of you guys talking, I don't know how many of you lived in villages. I ask so because it is utterly important to live with them rather peep and understand. I am not undermining anyone here.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SinSintiny15

ankit111 IF-Rockerz
ankit111
ankit111

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 11:13pm | IP Logged
Very good post Antara Clap Clap from all discussion it seems tht if a character is not thinking and behaving like wht we r thinking, thn tht character is either unreal or hs some HIDEN agenda Wink Wink even if CVs never intended to show it, but can dig it out Wink as concern to Anandi defence, I don't think she need any defense from our side, becoz CVs thmslef defending her by showing her inner voice which is like her man ki awaaz. even in serial there r so many people to defend her. but yes Gawari madam certainly need and badly need defense, as CVs themselves showed her evil thinking with her inner voice. in serial too everyone hs left her after knowing her real face. so she badly need defense in forum and ofcourse to defend her there is no otherway but to assume a situation, which may absolutely not connected to the running story line. LOL LOL LOL so we sd create a new story. Wink

Edited by ankit111 - 11 April 2012 at 11:14pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Misseshatiny15

Missesha IF-Dazzler
Missesha
Missesha

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 11:26pm | IP Logged

Yes you can a bahu without being a wife.

When my 28 year old cousin died of a sudden accident, my bhabhi was only 25. She was a working lady, so financially independent, and the daughter of well-to-do parents. Her parents wanted her to come back to them, but she refused and continued staying with her in laws--my mama mami--precisely because they loved her immensely and they were shattered after losing their only son.
She is 35 now, never married again in spite of repeated attempts from all of us in the family (my mama even tried to fix her up with another cousin since she was so bent on staying with the family), and she continues to stay with her in laws and looks after them as their own daughter.
She says she is happy the way she is, considers her in laws as her parents and thinks it's her responsibility to look after them since they are getting old and have lost their only son. So what does she expect by staying with them? Their son to come back alive? Well the dead can never come back. So perhaps the property? Well they don't have much and she herself is independent and an heiress to her parents' property. So it must be some other ulterior motive?

I have not made up this story. This is a real life incident I have witnessed and keep getting amazed as to how strong the bond between a woman and her in laws can be, in spite of all odds. Not not relations are based on pure utilitarian basis
, there are relations based purely on love and mutual bonding. It's okay if we can't appreciate them, but please lets not dismiss them as tainted with some implicit motive.

Wow! thanks for sharing.
I agree that all relations are not based on any particular motive.

However, In your bhabhi's case, I assume that she was always loved and respected by your late cousin, and even after his death your bhabhi had the same respect a wife and bahu would have. And also her sasural is your bhabhi's real (own) house.She is the bahu of that house. So her decision of not remarrying and staying in the same family is absolutely fine. She is doing what makes her happy.

While Anandi's case is slightly different. Her husband chose to break ties with her (emotionally, if not legally). In this case A can chose to move on or stay back. Its absolutely her choice, but she is not bounded by any resposnsibility to stay back and serve her in-laws, as she herself believes and expalins.

Anandi must do what she pleases - stay or not stay is her choice. If she choses to stay, somewhere the bahu will always reflect in her, which will also involve J some how.

If she likes in haveli, she likes there - it's simple. Why reason it out saying it's her responsibility to look after her in laws so she can't move out.

Edited by Missesha - 11 April 2012 at 11:28pm
Missesha IF-Dazzler
Missesha
Missesha

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 11:51pm | IP Logged

Yes, I agree. I have cracked my head enough trying to understand A's character, but I guess, I will leave it up to CVs.

Go to top