Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

maris08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Oh let me relive those few seconds for you guys..
It was just hot  and sweltering here in Chennai.. Suddenly around 2.20-2.25pm i felt the chair on which I was sitting rocking and shaking.. I felt a slight dizziness and immediately guessed that it was an earthquake...Rushing out into the street I found there was people like me who simply had the same thought and query in their minds..
Then we got confirmation on our mobiles that indeed it was a minor tremor and that a Tsunami warning has been issued..

Well,the immediate effect was offices were closed for the day and schools too followed suit.. So me and my family all rushed back home to safety..
Though it was only a precautionary measure the sudden windfall of early closing of offices and school was a boon for our family to enjoy the evening together and catching up with all the news channels about the latest happenings
An hour ago the tsunami warning too was withdrawn and here Iam sitting and typing and letting you all know thats all is well and fine..  
Edited by maris08 - 12 years ago
mem1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: maris08

Oh let me relive those few seconds for you guys..
It was just and sweltering here in Chennai.. Suddenly around earthquake..

2.20-2.25pm i felt the chair on which I was sitting rocking and shaking.. I felt a slight dizziness and immediately guessed that it was Rushing out into the street I found there was people like me who simply had the same thought and query in their minds..
Then we got confirmation on our mobliles that indeed it was a minot tremor and that a Tsunami warning has been issued..

,the immediate effect was offices were closed for the day and schools too followed suit.. So me and my family all rushed back home to safety..
Though it was only a precautionary measure the sudden windfall of early closing of offices and school was a boon for our family to enjoy the eveing together and catching up with all the news channels about the latest happenings
An hour ago the tsunami warning too was withdrawn and here Iam sitting and typing and letting you all know thats all is well and fine..  

That is good.  Thanks for the update, Maris. Glad it wasn't any worse. 

TVserialfreak thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I am doing fine Sri didi...though we had severe aftershocks, the situation by night is settled down...the roads are peaceful in my place...I live near the Marina beach...so more susceptible to all these dangers...πŸ˜ƒ...by god's grace...hope everything should be fine by tomorrow morning...
jakther7 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: IndYa4u

ya me too and damn CNN here in the US is not covering it to give anymore details.  GRRR

Waiting from Anu or Lakhi to say they are all safe in Bangladesh as well. 😭

Mittal till now we r safe, worry not, always keep smiling, πŸ˜ƒdon't cry, & thanx 4 ur concerned.
TVserialfreak thumbnail
Originally posted by: jakther

Mittal till now we r safe, worry not, always keep smiling, πŸ˜ƒdon't cry, & thanx 4 ur concerned.

@jakther

Lakhi tum kaisi ho behen?...sab teek to hai na wahan pe?

-Destiny- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
All izz well I'm going home tonight
Im going Back to Hyderabad. . 
Iwas in mg road Bangalore when tremors  shook our celebrations. We were celebrating my cousin Bhaiyas engagement   I tripped and have a squashed  leg. Got a fracture. 

Lekha 
TVserialfreak thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Destiny-

Iwas in mg road Bangalore when tremors  shook our celebrations. We were celebrating my cousin Bhaiyas engagement   I tripped and have a squashed  leg. Got a fracture. 

Lekha 

@ -Destiny-
Take care didi...hope your leg gets well soon...I would pray for that...

-MariaMars- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I felt the tremors for the 1st time guys... Hope everyone's safe... Keep Praying.. Take care.. 
mem1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: -Destiny-

Lekha 

OUCH! take care and get well soon!

jayashs thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Hope all is well with you and yours!!!  We are fine