Lumos
Lumos

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
^no idea Ouch

nobo IF-Dazzler
nobo
nobo

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:29am | IP Logged
Her name was Yvonne ... ( it was in chapter "the vanishing glass" ) 
Lol it just stucked me ...v never notice such things

Next question,
 Why did Mrs.Weasely sent Hermione a very small Easter Egg ( in Goblet of fire ) ?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Lumos

Mione Goldie
Mione
Mione

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:58am | IP Logged

When Rita Skeeter writes a story that implies that Hermione is leading both Harry and Viktor Krum on romantically, shortly after Easter she gets it published in Witch Weekly. As a direct result of this, Hermione gets a lot of hate mail. Ouch

It turns out that Mrs Weasley also reads Witch Weekly and because of that story, she rather goes off Hermione; (probably since she treats Harry as her son and does not approve of Hermione's "Scarlet Womany" LOLbehaviour in this regard) So the Easter egg that she sends Harry is about the size of an ostrich egg, and Hermione's is the size of a chicken's egg. This misunderstanding is then cleared up when the Weasleys come to cheer Harry on in the 3rd task and Harry tells Mrs. Weasley that Hermione was never his girlfriendSmile

Q: Name 2 brain stimulants mentioned in the books. (I hope this is tough Embarrassed )

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

noboLumos

nobo IF-Dazzler
nobo
nobo

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 1:45am | IP Logged
Righto Mione...
 Well One is Revenclaw Diadem & Other well there was some potion ( uggh whose name I forgot, shame on me ) 
 But those mentioned in OWL chap are not really boosters na...lol hermione tested them to find out they r dried doxy droppings

Yep, indeed a tough one dude

Lumos

Mione Goldie
Mione
Mione

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:52am | IP Logged

Originally posted by nobo

Righto Mione...
 Well One is Revenclaw Diadem & Other well there was some potion ( uggh whose name I forgot, shame on me ) 
 But those mentioned in OWL chap are not really boosters na...lol hermione tested them to find out they r dried doxy droppings

Yep, indeed a tough one dude

Hey Priya, actually you see the ones mentioned in the 5th book - "Baruffio's Brain Elixir and Powered Dragon Claw" are indeed considered to be Brain Stimulants. It so happens, that Hermione disapproves of BBE because it is supposed to be illegal and as far as dragon claw is concerned, what she says is that the one that Harold Dingle was selling turned out to be a pile of Doxy droppings. Otherwise these are the only 2 stimulants mentioned in the series. There is one more i.e. Runespoor Eggs but Rowling only mentions it in 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them'. Embarrassed Hence I asked only for 2 Smile.

I'm glad you thought of Ravenclaw's Diadem Big smileand I'm guessing the potion that you are talking about is the 'Wit Sharpening Potion' (Snape teaches them to make it when the trio is reading Rita's article that appeared in Witch Weekly). Anyway, what I think is that these 2 things actually help in enhancing the wisdom/wit of the wearer/drinker respectively. They are not exactly brain stimulants/boosters. A brain stimulant would only help you improve your memory or the retention capacity of your brain, which is why they are a rage during the OWLs or NEWTs given the amount of stuff students need to remember.
The diadem and the potion on the other hand would give you the ability to rationally, analytically and innovatively think, in order to come up with the right answer. Approve

Don't you agree?

Also, since I've mentioned him in this context, for the next question Could anyone say where else was Baruffio mentioned? and by whom? Wink

Lumos

nobo IF-Dazzler
nobo
nobo

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 3:22am | IP Logged
@mione,
  I do agree mate . Got it, Diadem & Potion improve your Intellectual level whereas other only memory, right 
. Lolz I remembered that from 5th but only that Hermione believed they r of No use. Thanks for enlightening on same 

Ouch I have no idea who mentioned it ( maybe Luna) , omg m starting to believe I don't know a thing
 *goes in thinking mode *

Lolz let us wait, maybe Varun knows 

Lumos

Lumos IF-Rockerz
Lumos
Lumos

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 5:44am | IP Logged

@mione,
  I do agree mate . Got it, Diadem & Potion improve your Intellectual level whereas other only memory, right 
. Lolz I remembered that from 5th but only that Hermione believed they r of No use. Thanks for enlightening on same 

Ouch I have no idea who mentioned it ( maybe Luna) , omg m starting to believe I don't know a thing
 *goes in thinking mode *

nahi yaar..i dont know..never paid attention!! it seems i know v little of HP !! Ouch
Mione Goldie
Mione
Mione

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 11:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -varun-

@mione,

*goes in thinking mode *

nahi yaar..i dont know..never paid attention!! it seems i know v little of HP !! Ouch

Hey guys, no problem Smile. Flitwick mentions Baruffio when teaching the Wingardium Leviosa Charm with the 'Swish and Flick' wrist movement in the trio's 1st year. He was the wizard who said 's' instead of 'f' and found himself on the floor with a buffalo on his chest. LOL

OK now I'm running out of questions. Someone else could ask till then Embarrassed

Lumos

Go to top