Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lumos thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: Freethinker112

As far as I remember, he received a howler when he had to use patronus to defend himself and Dudley from dementors in the beginning of Order Of The Phoenix. I think it was from the department that prevents Underage Magic. It was perhaps a female name, though I don't remember it.

though harry received letters from ministry, yet(throughout d series) he has never received a howler. Ref the above incidence, it was Petunia(and not harry) who received one from Dumbledore. I remember it clearly and also what it said.. It was a one liner-"remember my last, petunia".
Cutecj thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Guys i think its the passion and interest we have in the books and movie that help us have the knowledge so all of us are passionate about the books and the movies.😎I have a question. here goes.👍🏼 

Q: Which type of snake did Harry release from the park?
Edited by Cutecj - 11 years ago
Lumos thumbnail
^boa constrictor !

@mione: do give us the answer to your question.

next Q-
what astrological ominous sign did the centaurs alerted harry with, when the latter was undergoing a detention in forbidden forest?
twila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
They told him that Mars was brighter that day.

What note did Dumbledore give Harry along with the Invisibility Cloak?
neha_bbsr2005 thumbnail
Originally posted by: twila

They told him that Mars was brighter that day.

What note did Dumbledore give Harry along with the Invisibility Cloak?

"Your father left this in my possession.. It's time I return it to you.. Use it well.." 😃

How much time it took for Tom Riddle to change his name to Lord Voldemort?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Mione thumbnail
Originally posted by: -varun-

though harry received letters from ministry, yet(throughout d series) he has never received a howler. Ref the above incidence, it was Petunia(and not harry) who received one from Dumbledore. I remember it clearly and also what it said.. It was a one liner-"remember my last, petunia".

Sorry guys...was a mistake. I confused the movie and the book 😳. You see the movie shows it as a howler / or rather a letter that talks out aloud, whereas, as you rightly put it @varun, in the book, it's a letter that he receives from the MoM and Petunia gets the howler from Dumbledore. 👍🏼

Anyway, the answer that I was looking for is : 'Mafalda Hopkirk' - Improper Use of Magic Office 😊

Edited by Mione - 11 years ago
Mione thumbnail
Originally posted by: neha_bbsr2005

How much time it took for Tom Riddle to change his name to Lord Voldemort?? 🤣

Thats funny...Only he would know the exact answer I suppose 😉. But as far as I know, he did it a few years after he began school. Dumbledore mentions it in Half-Blood Prince I guess 😊

Next Question: Who killed Hepzibah Smith and who was convicted for this crime?
Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mione

You see the movie shows it as a howler / or rather a letter that talks out aloud,

I also remembered the movie therefore answered that. 😔
Edited by Freethinker112 - 11 years ago
Lumos thumbnail
@mione...its okay yaar...it happens..lots of deviation in the movies from the books!! 😆
Lumos thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mione

Thats funny...Only he would know the exact answer I suppose 😉. But as far as I know, he did it0„2a few years after he began school. Dumbledore mentions it in Half-Blood Prince I guess0„2😊

Next Question: Who killed Hepzibah Smith and who was convicted for this crime?

who else? You-know-who !😆
The poor elf Hokey was convicted !