The Vampire Diaries

DOTW: Elena V/S Katherine

Angel-Jot. IF-Veteran Member
Angel-Jot.
Angel-Jot.

I-F Crazy Creatives Head, BC Special Effects Supervisor

Posted: 10 April 2012 at 8:16pm | IP Logged
Dotw.

I was going through the threads in the forum and i've realized that many here prefer Katherine over Elena. Some even liked her better as the heroine [main lead] instead of Elena.
So, i decided until the Newsletter goes up, let's discuss this!

Why is Katherine preferred over Elena? Just like Elena, Katherine also loves both brothers [with a little bit extra love for Stefan LOL], so what's the difference?

Express your thoughts but be respectful please. Big smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Anhdara13..DamonCrazy..-Hoor-.Juhi..Jane..

Prinsesse.Suvi IF-Sizzlerz
Prinsesse.Suvi
Prinsesse.Suvi

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 4:49am | IP Logged
Katherine's sexy. 'Nuff said. Jk. LOL
I don't know, I guess she's much more interesting than Elena. Elena's just boring old Plain Jane, whereas Katherine has many layers to her character and she has an interesting history too!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel-Jot.

safeplacetoland IF-Stunnerz
safeplacetoland
safeplacetoland

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 6:06am | IP Logged
I prefer Elena. :)

Angel-Jot.

.Jane.. IF-Stunnerz
.Jane..
.Jane..

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 7:17am | IP Logged
I preferred Elena in S1 and S2. Now, she is just too confused about everything. I can't pinpoint what exactly but something in S3 made my respect and fondness for Elena decrease and now, she is just a non-bitchy, bland version of Kat.
Kat is more straighforward. She knows her faults and accepts them as well and I respect such people. Like someone said above, Kat is more 'interesting' so maybe more fun to watch as well. And ya, I admit it, she does add this saucy spice to the show which no other character can.
My stand now is that I miss Kat in the show and I miss the strong individual Elena used to be...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

lubslubsyAngel-Jot.-Hoor-

.Juhi. IF-Sizzlerz
.Juhi.
.Juhi.

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 9:17am | IP Logged
I dun feel so!
both the characters are gr88 at their place...but m always gonna choose Elena!
Kathrine is bitchy & she says wot she feels for Salvatores!  ...whereas Elena is confused abt her feeling & she is trying to figure out abt that feelings!
maybe ppl think shez ditching Stefan or sumthing...but she is totally justified @ her place! 

Angel-Jot.

-Hoor- IF-Sizzlerz
-Hoor-
-Hoor-

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
I totally agree with @PurpleFairy.

I loveeed Elena's character in the first 2 seasons; she was strong, simple yet interesting. But something has happened in S3 which has made me like Katherine MUCH more than Elena. Nd no, that's not only because Elena is ditching Stefan.

Nd Katherine is just one amazing bitch. As @PurpleFairy said, she knows her flaws.. nd the best part is that she accepts them. She accepts being bitchy, she accepts being selfish, nd she accepts she switch Salvatore but loves Stefan. Elena is idk.. has lost my likeness nd respect in the 3rd season.

So yeah, i totally miss my manipulative bitch LOL <3

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

lubslubsyAngel-Jot.

Anhdara13 IF-Rockerz
Anhdara13
Anhdara13

BollyCurry Editor

Posted: 12 April 2012 at 12:31am | IP Logged
idk, I'm not a huge Katherine fan tbh, but this season's Elena has been irking me. I think it's because while Katherine is manipulative and bitchy, she's not shy about it. She knows it, she embraces it and she's proud of it. But this season, Elena's been manipulative and ~bitchy (I say this in this way because I don't think she's trying to be, but she has been coming across as really insensitive to other people's feelings and thoughts, or only being compassionate when it serves her positively), but the thing is, Elena's trying to come across as a martyr or saviour. But she's not. If anything, she's just being annoying, imo.

I think though, the downward spiral in Elena's character is the writers fault. They're trying to prop up the triangle but they're handling it wrong. They didn't have to make Elena Katherine-lite to do it. Could've been handled much better. *shrugs* I know the triangle is important, but I just do not like the way it's being handled and the way all three characters are being massacred to do it.

I still prefer Elena > Katherine though. I like Katherine as this fourth angle who only thinks she's important, but isn't really. lol.

Angel-Jot.

RatiG IF-Rockerz
RatiG
RatiG

Posted: 12 April 2012 at 9:32pm | IP Logged
Katherine

Angel-Jot.

Go to top