Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago
@Sari, exactly! The old ASR wouldn't have hesitated to explode at Khushi's actions but here Arnav was shown trying to understand Khushi and I loved his concern for her. Arnav knows how often she has nearly injured herself without her dupatta on, so now he is even more worried she'll get hurt and she does.

As for Khushi's latest motive, I think it was a test to see if what Anjali said was true. Just look back at the scene with her and Lakshmi. I think Khushi wants to see for herself how Arnav reacts if she does shower him with love.

I hope soon we see Khushi getting a better understanding of Arnav like he's been shown with her. I think seeing his reaction to her antics today will give her a better grasp of who he is for today she saw that he does care for her but obviously there is something fueling his anger. Khushi just needs to figure out what it is that has him so upset and for that Shyam needs to intervene again, maybe this time he will slip up and a lightbulb will go off in her head.

Edited by bollywoodcrazed - 12 years ago
docgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hola Sush and gang - happy Tuesday everyone. Nice to see that most everyone had fun with the comedy. 😊

These days I try to count my blessings with every epi while muttering the mantra expectations are at rock bottom and this is IPL season. So deep breath - blessings... erm, erm, let me think...aah, I got it! There were a clutch of pretty moments... Arnav waiting impatiently for Khushi to show up, the two of them gazing at each other while asleep, Khushi melting with love and brushing Arnav's hair back ?  I know - a bunch of awesome women I enjoy hanging out with at Sush's adda on IF. 😃

Whatever continuity existed with Thursday's big fight has completely been erased. At least until yesterday, there was a deeply hurt Khushi who resolved not to appear before Arnav and subject herself to any more undeserved torture. Today, we're back to comedy - another round of Khushi's torture Arnav strategy - this time by killing him with love. The sendup of Gopi and the other SP show whizzed right over my head. Don't know about the show or the character and if this is the prototypical bahu on SP (at her husband's feet, in ghunghat and with less agency than Lakshmi the goat!) am real glad to be in the dark about it.

I'm resigned to the fact that the story will be at a standstill until the IPL is done. It essentially means comic Khushi and shirtless Barun will be trotted out at regular intervals. I'm uneasy about this Miss B who is showing up tom. No good can come from a character called Bubbly.  It shrieks annoying zindadili and good natured interfering. But I can see how we need temporary IPL comic relief - an NK like distraction would not be a bad idea, so I'm trying not the prejudge the new entrant.

My biggest peeve is that they're taking parts of the story we've invested in and are stomping all over  it. We expected that perhaps Anjali will bring up maa ki chithi and help Khushi understand the darkness in her pati. Nope! OK, so perhaps they're saving it for a time when the story takes a significant turn. But, what was the point of Anjali's recollection of the "Chottay" Chottay? Simply that he was an ill mannered, brutish child who has grown into a fullblown adult brute? That Anjali has managed to tame him somewhat through sheer persistence, bludgeoning him with her sweet nature and never ending demands? So he's taken the path of least resistance and bows to her iron will?

I thought chotte was supposed to be regular, hastah, kheltah baccha who was hot tempered and quick to anger but one with an ability to love deeply. From the flashback's we've seen I figured his zakham over his mom's tragic tale caused him to grow a scab of emotional reserve; a protective wall where he let no one but Di in thereby making him invulnerable to more crippling emotional loss. If they don't want to tackle that backstory yet, fine. But why this trip down memory lane that does nothing but destroy the hints of the backstory we've lived with? 

Some of the show's creative choices baffle me and I think I'm being remarkably undemanding in my expectations during the IPL season. O well... we live to hope another day. 😕

Tailpiece: Can the writers give Khushi her own Aman - a faceless, formless phantom she can confide in on the phone? I'm deeply troubled by her conversations with the goatwa. I'd prefer it if she just talked to herself instead!  😒
Edited by docgirl - 12 years ago
showstruck thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Had a very  very good laugh after a long time watching anything on TV...Infact, today I enjoyed Khushi's OTT without cringing for the first time. The Dec or 100 ways to bother Arnav OTT did not sit well with me. SI is always good in comin scenes but the way BS showed his annoyence, just brought out the gist of every single scene. Both of them were excellent today⭐️

Few aww not really aawww moments in between...all of you have mentioned. One other that caught my attention was him saying sambhal ke...when khushi was about bang against the door...the was annoyed but still was looking out for her and the voice modulation was superb...Good job BS...

As much as I have enjoyed the comedy...one sharp realization...The IPK I started to watch is not there anymore. It's a different kind of show now...fun to watch but nothing I would long to watch as soon as the clock strikes 9.30.
I completely failed to understand why would Khushi turn Anjali's advice into mockery?? Did she mention? Did I miss it? Or that is something to be revealed in the upcoming episodes?? But, how is that possible. The theme of tomorrow's episode will be completely different. Hasn't it been like that since the wedding?? The wedding I so wanted!!

I am not creative, but, I can see scopes that could keep the essence of the story alive even without clearing the MU...why can't they??

It used to be intense love story intertwined with classy comedy here and there (mami/LA/Khushi/Buaji)...Now it is intense comedy with few awww moments here and there...

P.S. Arnav's mom letter said he was short tempered and they pampered him to become a brat...so I was not surprised to see the little chottey...

Edited by showstruck - 12 years ago
--Sari-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: bollywoodcrazed

@Sari, exactly! The old ASR wouldn't have hesitated to explode at Khushi's actions but here Arnav was shown trying to understand Khushi and I loved his concern for her. Arnav knows how often she has nearly injured herself without her dupatta on, so now he is even more worried she'll get hurt and she does.

As for Khushi's latest motive, I think it was a test to see if what Anjali said was true. Just look back at the scene with her and Lakshmi. I think Khushi wants to see for herself how Arnav reacts if she does shower him with love.

I hope soon we see Khushi getting a better understanding of Arnav like he's been shown with her. I think seeing his reaction to her antics today will give her a better grasp of who he is for today she saw that he does care for her but obviously there is something fueling his anger. Khushi just needs to figure out what it is that has him so upset and for that Shyam needs to intervene again, maybe this time he will slip up and a lightbulb will go off in her head.

@bold - That is exactly the point she missed. She wasn't showering love, she was trying to irritate him with an ideal bahu act. Gopi would have had a ahem, ahem...if she actually showered him with love☺️ ASR is way too receptive to love, she doesn't have to try very hard. The only thing she needs to do - lock up Shyam!
-Jamba- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I guess I'm the odd one out today! LOVED BS and SI, but completely po'd that the story went off track again.

No car today thanks to my recent fender bender and Waiting for the pati to pick me up - more later when I'm back at my laptop! Edited by jamba111 - 12 years ago
showstruck thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: --Sari--

@bold - That is exactly the point she missed. She wasn't showering love, she was trying to irritate him with an ideal bahu act. Gopi would have had a ahem, ahem...if she actually showered him with love☺️ ASR is way too receptive to love, she doesn't have to try very hard. The only thing she needs to do - lock up Shyam!

Agree with Sari...she knows him better than anyone...she hears him even when he is not speaking???? She does not know what kind of love he will respond to??

If that is it..we need monolouges...from both of them...how hard is to do that? Give us some more light on why ASR is putting up with all these..
Edited by showstruck - 12 years ago
-Vee05- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: jamba111

I guess I'm the odd one out today! LOVED BS and SI, but completely po'd that the story went off track again.

No car today thanks to my recent fender bender and Waiting for the pati to pick me up - more later when I'm back at my laptop!

Pati NAHI Swami Balika!!!! 😆
S003 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hello Ladies,

I have been a silent reader of this thread, but today I decided to write. I see many of you find there is an inconsistency in Khushi's behaviour when she finds out about Arnav from Anjali. It kind of reminds me of the something that happened to me.

I found out something about my best friend years ago from a mutual friend. Kind of a secret about my best friends behaviour, a very very big deal. What did I do about it???? Proceeded to annoy the hell out of my friend with this new knowledge. But here's the thing. I knew that my friend would find it annoying but I was comfortable doing it because I knew that eventually we would laugh about it together.

Sometimes the naughty in you wins. I think we are so used to seeing bahu's without a sense of humour or childishness or even normalcy.

I do not mean to offend anyone just stating how different people react to the same information.

With regards to the inconsistencies, I do agree the PH needs to be more carefull. However, that being said, this week even though they have concentrated on comedy they have handled it much better than the dubba service week.

What I missed most though are multiple plots going on at the same time.
sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hiya Sush!

I laughed a lot watching the episode today.
Sari, Vee and Mandy have already written so nicely about all the highlights of the episode...not much to add.

Arnav was incredibly patient with all that she subjected him to! Is it because he sorely missed her and was relieved to have her back, chattering away, fussing over him?!! I loved Sanaya's acting and Barun's flabbergasted and stunned expressions..."Swami se to Laad Governor hi accha tha" 🤣

But the thing that I loved the most...the first two minutes of the episode...awww! Arnie waiting for her, listening to her talk to Laxmi, turning towards her and then closing his eyes and falling asleep...he was at peace to see her sleeping in fromt of his eyes,  after two nights of missing her...loved Barun's expressions 👍🏼 Spot on...

Sanaya is absolutely hilarious in comedy scenes...I enjoyed her OTT antics today...even the happy tapori dance after Arnie goes into the bathroom...

And Arnav's concern for her, despite being thoroughly irritated...and Khushi brushing away the hair from his forehead...awww!
Today I watched the episode with no expectations...and maybe that is why I enjoyed it.
Edited by sbk2 - 12 years ago
-Vee05- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: docgirl

Tailpiece: Can the writers give Khushi her own Aman - a faceless, formless phantom she can confide in on the phone? I'm deeply troubled by her conversations with the goatwa. I'd prefer it if she just talked to herself instead!  😒

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully this Babli character is Khushi's friend because te girl clearly needs more than a Bakri to talk too! Plus they are dressing alike more and more definately a cause for concern 😕