Page 1 of 8

Page 1
Page   of 8
Page 2 Page 8

swati1975us

IF-Dazzler

swati1975us

Posted: 10 April 2012 at 3:18pm | IP Logged
Hello everyone! I discovered DSDD quite accidentally while trawling through Youtube. I came across a scene between Viraj and Jahnvi and was instantly hooked. So much so that I went and saw almost all the episodes back to back in a span of 3 days Tongue

There is something very compelling here. Viraj's behaviour with Jahnvi is loathesome and yet, when he shows love, it feels so heartfelt that you almost want them to be together despite every reasonable bone in your body protesting against the idea. I felt curious about his backstory, about his mental illness. 

Some of it had a personal resonance, since I had volunteered in a hospital for mental diseases many years back and seen men like Viraj - tender and loving one moment, pathologically jealous and violent the other moment. 

I also liked the new direction the story has taken and the entry of Harshad's character. This seems to be a change for Harshad - it's a more rough around the edges character than the kind he's played so far and he seems really interesting in it. 

All in all, DSDD is turning into a must watch for me - good performances, dialogues and storyline. 

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

shanaa01Manipadmadazzling_akshisuki11PristineSoul--Flora--harshad.diwani..Naina..sub_rosakriya37-Nakshatra-..Apz..MS-meghasharmamysticgoryfilmsRoyalLEO_Krrishpyar-ishkprerna4rishav

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "As Karanvir said - if you watch once you're hooked" in Dil se di dua... Saubhagyavati Bhava? forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..Naina..

..Naina..

Posted: 10 April 2012 at 10:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by swati1975us

Hello everyone! I discovered DSDD quite accidentally while trawling through Youtube. I came across a scene between Viraj and Jahnvi and was instantly hooked. So much so that I went and saw almost all the episodes back to back in a span of 3 days Tongue

There is something very compelling here. Viraj's behaviour with Jahnvi is loathesome and yet, when he shows love, it feels so heartfelt that you almost want them to be together despite every reasonable bone in your body protesting against the idea. I felt curious about his backstory, about his mental illness. 

Some of it had a personal resonance, since I had volunteered in a hospital for mental diseases many years back and seen men like Viraj - tender and loving one moment, pathologically jealous and violent the other moment. 

I also liked the new direction the story has taken and the entry of Harshad's character. This seems to be a change for Harshad - it's a more rough around the edges character than the kind he's played so far and he seems really interesting in it. 

All in all, DSDD is turning into a must watch for me - good performances, dialogues and storyline. 

Hi Swati! Welcome to the forum :)

@Bold: Yup! As someone literally watching this story from day 1, I can definitely agree with that point. No matter how crazy the episodes got, I was always waiting anxiously for the next one, to see what Viraj did next, what his next game plan was. As sickening as his actions were/are, the mental disorder aspect really needs to be taken into account, and although not always, there were definitely moments, especially in the beginning of the show, when I a part of me was just like aww Viraj...get better now! I want you and Jahnvi together and happy. As the show progressed for me though, I became more firm in my belief that Jahnvi needed to escape, find a support system etc.

@Green Bold: I really hope the CVs do take time to explore the backstory, because that is so relevant, and may explain so much of his behavior. Although they gave us slightly flashes into it, with Geeta, his mother, and um the newspaper articles, and Payal his adopted sister, we never really got the entire thing yet. I feel like understanding his background will give us better insight into his character, specifically where although we might not agree with his actions, we will understand how/why he became the way he was...and hopefully, that could lead to some actual treatment, not necessarily cure.

@Red: Do tell us more! I'm really curious because I've never had that experience nor have I ever known anyone with that, so yeah. I've had family members who were abused, but with the inclusion of a mental disorder, it becomes something more, and so I'm curious to see the other side as well. :)

@Pink: Yup, Raghav is going to be an interesting character for sure. We'll see how the CVs deal with this angle.

Edited by Naina2127 - 10 April 2012 at 10:47pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

--Flora--swati1975ussub_rosa-Nakshatra-mysticgoryfilmsKhatamKahanipyar-ishkprerna4rishav

-Nakshatra-

IF-Rockerz

-Nakshatra-

Posted: 10 April 2012 at 11:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by swati1975us

Welcome to the forum. Keep posting and commenting which would help us have a healthy debate in the forum.

@Bold: Each one has their own Story for getting hooked to the show. Its a compelling story dealing a sensitive issue with some complex characters. I have my reservations about dealing domestic violence along with mental illness which is subjective. You can go on discussing about mental illness without finding a conclusion. 

@Blue:Viraj is edgy and he gives a thrilling feel to the show. KVB is fantastic in portraying a larger than life role.  Ya i agree that Viraj and Jhanvi scenes are gruesome and the girl is so suppressed about everything which i have an issue with. And to the last part about the back story of the illness i don't think we would get any plausible explanation about it.

@Red: Harshad's entry paves way to some interesting scope in the story. Lets see how the creatives go about it. HC is a natural he can pull of a realistic character so well. 

@Green:Hoping for better drama and some fabulous performances.

Edit: Sigh!! If only i proof read before posting...

Edited by -Nakshatra- - 11 April 2012 at 2:20am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

PristineSoul--Flora--..Naina..swati1975usmysticgoryfilmsKhatamKahaniprerna4rishav

swati1975us

IF-Dazzler

swati1975us

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 1:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Naina2127

@Red: Do tell us more! I'm really curious because I've never had that experience nor have I ever known anyone with that, so yeah. I've had family members who were abused, but with the inclusion of a mental disorder, it becomes something more, and so I'm curious to see the other side as well. :)

Oh, I'd love to discuss more, here's the first case that flashed before me when I watched DSDD. 

This was the case of a schizophrenic man who's wife had stayed with him for 8 years and had 2 kids with him. For most of the day he'd be sweet, talkative and affectionate. He could almost pass off as completely free of any mental illness. The day after I first saw him, his wife came to see him in the ward. He was extremely affectionate to her, told her how lucky he was to have her and you could see how her heart swelled up on hearing that. 

And yet, the very next moment, he took me aside and with a vicious look on his face said - "My wife is conspiring to kill me. She's having an affair with a neighbour of ours. She's an evil woman and I despise her". 

It was strange because he said all this loud enough for his wife to hear everything and when I looked at her, she just shook her head and looked really sad. And then just as if a light had been switched on again, he turned to his wife, hugged her and told her how much he loved her, how sorry he was to doubt her loyalty and how happy he was with her. 

That sort of wildly erratic behaviour can play havoc with anyone's emotions and it was clear that the wife was traumatized by this - but she had stayed with him. For love or because of family pressure, I don't know. 

So Viraj's characterization is spot on. The alternating between melting in love and vicious, paranoid mistrust and anger which is brought out so well by Karanvir. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

PristineSoul--Flora--..Naina..sub_rosamysticgoryfilmsRoyalLEO_Krrish

swati1975us

IF-Dazzler

swati1975us

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 1:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Nakshatra-

I have my reservations about dealing domestic violence along with mental illness which is subjective. You can go on discussing about mental illness without finding a conclusion. 

I can understand these reservations and perhaps it would have been good to do a story where mental illness does not provide such a straight up alibi for Viraj's behaviour. The vast majority of men who are domestic abusers are not suffering from any untreated mental illness - they behave the way they do because it's a power and control issue for them. 

However, it is also true that there are men who's violent and cruel behaviour towards their wives is the result of untreated mental illness and that is also a very compelling story. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

PristineSoulsub_rosa-Nakshatra-mysticgoryfilmsKhatamKahaniRoyalLEO_Krrish

-Nakshatra-

IF-Rockerz

-Nakshatra-

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 2:42am | IP Logged
^ The show is projected to create awareness about Domestic violence. When you complicate it for better drama you might not end up achieving the intended purpose. The thing is viewers are not able to make up their mind in favor or against the scenario. They are caught in the middle and are supporting arguments based on views which boils down to opinions. The forum itself is an example see there is no healthy debate about the conflicts of a mentally ill person or about abuse faced by women in domestic violence. I see incessant drooling or unwanted bashing i don't think creatives have even reached 20% of what was planned all in name of TRPs or Fan Wars.

Edited by -Nakshatra- - 11 April 2012 at 2:48am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-prime-swati1975usmysticgoryfilmsKhatamKahani

harshad.diwani

Goldie

harshad.diwani

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 3:34am | IP Logged
this show has taken Indian television to another level...i have never seen this very big issue on television...this serial has taken a real bold step to stop crime, giving awareness to society  .our society is not that broad minded which would except a woman who left her husband with whatever the reason.i feel this show is an eye opener to the plight of married woman who live under an intolerable hubby because of various reasons.. this serial boosts up every woman to take a forward step to better her future. . i hope this show comes out with a good solutions to the problems... This show is just PERFECT & each episode leaves me craving for more...both actors KB & sriti doing justice to their role...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

swati1975usKhatamKahani

KhatamKahani

IF-Sizzlerz

KhatamKahani

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 8:05am | IP Logged
I think it's obvious from the latest episodes that Viraj is mentally ill.  And to me, it's completely believable and realistic.  However, I do think he was somewhat hyperbolic before.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Manipadmaswati1975us-Nakshatra-mysticgoryfilms

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.