Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nandalala thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
My take on Part 2:

Mary, I really enjoyed Part 2 a lot!  Stylistically, it was a bit different for you...I loved that the chapter started with Imad's letter to Anjali...He was so honest about his feelings...Such a gentleman!  I really, really liked how Anjali reflected on his words...and then compared them to Shyam's--whose very "flowery" words had such malicious intent behind them!  And her slow realization, that yes, Anisha needed a better role model!  You showcased this beautifully!  Another letter, another ray of hope for Imad...but alas it was only an invite for dinner!

The lil kitten & her sweet, sweet mistress...ABSOLUTELY ADORED this scene!  OMG...How cute is that kitten!  With the little birthmark...top hat, alright!  And Arnav's reaction was just darling!  I could ttly hear Khushi giggling at her gift & the gifted!!!πŸ˜† Awww...she got him at an animal shelter--a girl after my own heart!  

I imagined Abhinav to be a much older gentleman when I first read his introduction...He was quite a revelation for him...More on this in a bit...

Ah, the scene between Khushi-Anjalo-Anisha!  Your description of Khushi holding Anisha was just beautiful...And Anjali sharing Arnav's kitten story was so touching!  Khushi knows her love so well...and all that his heart is capable of showing!  Fabulous!  Oh, and that kitten following Arnav like his tail...HOW CUTE!!!

Loved your picture of the grand dining room at Awadh Palace...My parents recently dined at the dining room in at Falaknuma Palace in Hyderabad...Very similar to your picture in the story!  Again, we saw Anjali warm up to the idea of having Imad there...Cut to the dinner...Ah, Abhinav's entry...and his connection to all the families there...but most importantly, to the Raizadas...I was just amazed at how calm Anjali was...she was the only unfazed by him being there...To be honest, I think Abhinav should have come clean to Imad about his past with Anjali specifically...ah, but then again, we wouldn't have a twist in our story, would we!!??πŸ˜†  Anjali took the opportunity to talk to Abhinav probably to bury the past once & for all...I guess we'll have to wait for that reveal...
I really felt bad for Imad in this entire scene...he is was so broken up to begin with and then he seemed to dig a deeper hole--a sink hole in his opinion--by bringing Abhinav there! I absolutely loved his  "presumptions" dialogue...it was so poignant...and his affection and love for Anisha was just so, so endearing!  

Oh, I CAN'T WAIT for Part 3!!!!  O RE PIYA...RAIN DANCE PARTY, ARHI INTIMACY, ANISHA-ANJALI-IMAD!!!  I am SO THERE!!!!πŸ˜ƒ  Little concerned about my LOVE & the peace bit...πŸ˜’

P.S. Just saw your note about the stigma attached to single women with children.  What we see in India is that widowed and divorced mothers typically have good familial support.  The family tends to rally around daughters who are raising children on their own.  Divorce has become more common place, and in the bigger cities, we do see re-marriage openly discussed, particularly if the woman is still very young.  What you have shown here with Anjali is in keeping with what I have seen in my circle of friends in India.  Yes, there is a lot of questioning about oneself, but most of the women who I know are working, confident, and sometimes really don't care if they have a man in their life or not...Parental advice on the need for a mate, particularly as time progresses, is what compels them to maybe consider re-marriage.  Of course, Anjali's disability is a factor in her opinion of how "eligible" bachelors may look at her!  But, I think you've touched on this subject in a very, very sensitive manner...I can totally see it happening like you've penned it!

Edited by Nandalala - 12 years ago
PhoenixRadar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Nandalala

P.S. Just saw your note about the stigma attached to single women with children.  What we see in India is that widowed and divorced mothers typically have good familial support.  The family tends to rally around daughters who are raising children on their own.  Divorce has become more common place, and in the bigger cities, we do see re-marriage openly discussed, particularly if the woman is still very young.  What you have shown here with Anjali is in keeping with what I have seen in my circle of friends in India.  Yes, there is a lot of questioning about oneself, but most of the women who I know are working, confident, and sometimes really don't care if they have a man in their life or not...Parental advice on the need for a mate, particularly as time progresses, is what compels them to maybe consider re-marriage.  Of course, Anjali's disability is a factor in her opinion of how "eligible" bachelors may look at her!  But, I think you've touched on this subject in a very, very sensitive manner...I can totally see it happening like you've penned it!

Hello Nandalala,
Kudos to you for bringing out this subject in your reply.πŸ‘
Even I read the footnote and was compelled to think it that way too, though Mary has clearly touched it and handled it sensitively like a responsible person, dealing with sensitive subjects and bringing light to it, through her work.
Yes, in India too in present times, are very much confident and don't think much about what others think or will say about them being a divorcee. They are very much bound by their own lives and responsibility that it it doesn't matter to them at all. And like you said, they really do not care if they have a man in their life or not. Daughters have full family support, when they are raising children single-handedly, making it easier for them too, to fight off the gossips and stand tall in this male dominant world. But now, regarding this world as a 'Male dominant world' will be wrong too I guess, because every where we can see women overpowering the men and rising to Fame in many, many fields across the globe.
Even for men, single fathers too handle this subject sensitively and raise their children very well. And the subject of remarriage is also handled in the same way, but also dealt openly now in India, mostly in urban areas, because in rural areas, I guess, there still is a tag of 'taboo' to it.
You may have also come across a show in one of the leading channels, that is handling the topic of remarriage and dealing with the possibilities of making the second marriage work, where the couple are marrying just for the sake of their children. And the show will soon be digging up the possibilities of the two finding a 'Life partner' in each other, when they tread familiar path again but together.
I have already commented earlier about Anjali's thoughts about herself. How she thinks of herself and how she sees herself in her own eyes! She says to herself to be strong and courageous for her daughter and a better mother than she could ever be for her little one, and then, when it comes to Imad, she lowers herself in her own eyes, and doubts if she is fit for Love or not!
At one time, she chides herself to be the Strong Woman, leaving out physical appearance, and in the next minute, it all breaks down in front of Imad, making her helpless and vulnerable and doubting her own decisions.
Maybe here Mary is trying to bring in Imad, so Anjali stops wallowing in self-pity and stops doubting her strength and all. That handicap was the immediate reason for her broken wedding and Marriage too, she thinks so. Her physical appearance, she thinks, makes her vulnerable and she also brings it out in her own actions and words. Like the day Imad confessed his feelings to her in the rehearsal room, making Anjali pour out those vicious thoughts again, and stuffing words into Imad's mouth, when even for a milli-second he had never thought of it like that.
*sigh* Well, we just have to wait and watch for what comes next!

Annie
πŸ˜ƒ
Marybarton thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: AnnieKittWatt

At one time, she chides herself to be the Strong Woman, leaving out physical appearance, and in the next minute, it all breaks down in front of Imad, making her helpless and vulnerable and doubting her own decisions.
Maybe here Mary is trying to bring in Imad, so Anjali stops wallowing in self-pity and stops doubting her strength and all. That handicap was the immediate reason for her broken wedding and Marriage too, she thinks so. Her physical appearance, she thinks, makes her vulnerable and she also brings it out in her own actions and words. Like the day Imad confessed his feelings to her in the rehearsal room, making Anjali pour out those vicious thoughts again, and stuffing words into Imad's mouth, when even for a milli-second he had never thought of it like that.
*sigh* Well, we just have to wait and watch for what comes next!

Annie
πŸ˜ƒ

Hey Annie,
         Great thoughts. Being a feminist, I agree that a woman does not need anyone (be it a man or woman) in her life to be happy and independent and it is great that more people have the courage to be single parents these days rather than stay with for instance, cheating partner. Anjali's case however is a bit different. The way I see it, she comes from the traditional roots and Naniji's old-world ideas. She is caught between the two as she is now trying to be strong for her daughter. But her demeaning words about herself does not really come from tradition, it comes from self-image. A handicap, regardless of gender has psychological effects. She is shown in the show for being grateful that Shyam married her, so I had to keep that in her character and thoughts. Otherwise it would not be true to the character and I would be writing about a feminist character of my own imagination. On the other hand, she is trying to be strong for her daughter but these insecurities and being rejected by two men she loved is having and effect on her and her vulnerability comes out when one more man comes in professing love. She expresses doubts. Feminists too are women is image issues these days and they too have body issues even without handicaps, so for Anjali who is becoming more strong it is more normal. On the other hand, she's not independent. She does not have a job, she depends on her trust fund or her brother's income, if she was self-employed like Khushi, she would probably have a stronger voice. This has been my thought process. I hope it explains to you how I am looking at her issue. Please don't see it as defensive, I am just explaining.

smithasrk thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
MAry loved the 1st part but cant open the 2nd part. My computer warning me of some virus
Marybarton thumbnail
I am so mad! I wrote part 3 and IF error came up. It's gone! 
Geet24 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Marybarton

I am so mad! I wrote part 3 and IF error came up. It's gone! 

Oh thats sad...! but dont worry...
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Hey Mary! Very excited for part 3 of Anjali-Imad!

I also LOVE the song Ore Piya from Aaja Nachle. Some Hot scenes between ARHI will be welcome! I love all the ARHI scenes you have written since they got married! It is SO them! The stuff that Arnav says, is very in charachter!

I also loved how Khushi controlled him when Anjali's ex fiancee came to the house and he was about loose it! So wifely and SO Khushi! Only Anjali and Khushi can control Arnav when he is angry! :)
Marybarton thumbnail

Originally posted by: smithasrk

MAry loved the 1st part but cant open the 2nd part. My computer warning me of some virus

That's so odd, yesterday I was writing Part 3 and the entire thing got deleted!
PhoenixRadar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Marybarton

Hey Annie,
         Great thoughts. Being a feminist, I agree that a woman does not need anyone (be it a man or woman) in her life to be happy and independent and it is great that more people have the courage to be single parents these days rather than stay with for instance, cheating partner. Anjali's case however is a bit different. The way I see it, she comes from the traditional roots and Naniji's old-world ideas. She is caught between the two as she is now trying to be strong for her daughter. But her demeaning words about herself does not really come from tradition, it comes from self-image. A handicap, regardless of gender has psychological effects. She is shown in the show for being grateful that Shyam married her, so I had to keep that in her character and thoughts. Otherwise it would not be true to the character and I would be writing about a feminist character of my own imagination. On the other hand, she is trying to be strong for her daughter but these insecurities and being rejected by two men she loved is having and effect on her and her vulnerability comes out when one more man comes in professing love. She expresses doubts. Feminists too are women is image issues these days and they too have body issues even without handicaps, so for Anjali who is becoming more strong it is more normal. On the other hand, she's not independent. She does not have a job, she depends on her trust fund or her brother's income, if she was self-employed like Khushi, she would probably have a stronger voice. This has been my thought process. I hope it explains to you how I am looking at her issue. Please don't see it as defensive, I am just explaining.

Oooh! Mary, just what I wanted o say too!!
I know you're not playing Defensive, but enlightening us about how you've taken and understood the character and to which extent!! Kudos to you for that!!
Yes, though every person, be it a woman or man, they do crave for affection of loved ones too, and that natural! But the need of someone to get help from that someone to reach those heights that you've dreamed for, is not what Women of today's world do. Though there are people who 'Use and Throw' others for their own benefit and even leave their families for their ambitions! But lets not explore that, 'cause it's a different topic altogether, but somehow has a relation to what we are talking about!
Yes, I agree with you that being handicapped does have psychological effects, which she did have initially when she loved someone, but was rejected and was made to think about her incapability! And it happened again, but now her Faith was broken too along with her Self Esteem, by the one person, whom she was very much grateful for marrying her, by being oblivious to her handicap, which of course was her illusion! So now having doubts at this time too, when another man has come running her way and professed his love for her, is very normal!!
Hahahah...I know that too!! Even if they are perfect in other's eyes, they still think it is not enough and have those insecurities!! But in Anjali's case we can balance it with a solid reason of her being handicapped, so no problem!
Well, this has been the way Life wanted to teach her of it's Lessons! Cruel it may be, but has made her will-power stronger! Only that she hasn't realised it yet, since it is still somewhere inside, but we can see it as she has survived the worst that could come her way!
Well, coming to think of it, those 'traditional roots' and Naniji's 'old world ideas' are confusing me? What do you actually want to convey here? Aren't those same or similar at least?

Anjali being stronger, as I said, Life is teaching her in it's own way! Khushi's been strong like forever, since her childhood days, I may profess, but here, if Anjali's placed then her insecurity barges in due to her physical handicap. And somehow, even the show shouts out loud to me, that Anjali is a bit slow in taking Life's lessons or rather Life is taking a slow pace to teach her all this!
Hope I made some sense here!

And to be honest, the way you're portraying Anjali here, sticking to the way the show has shown her to be, is Amazing and verbatim! Meaning according to her character, it is what we would definitely see in the show too!

Annie
πŸ˜ƒ
guyinoblivion thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
pls continue mary...been waiting for this for long.