Missing: ASR and KKG - Page 6

Posted: 12 years ago

absoIuteIy and totaIIy agree with you

i am not worried about arnav redeeming himseIf, i dont think the cvs can redeem the story if they mess up with the basic characterisation of their Ieads for whatever reason

ipI is just an excuse reaIIy disappointed!!!!

Edited by tttttt1 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by momma1128

@bold - I am so shocked that you are at this point Trina.  And you are such a die hard Khushi fan!  You know GH wrote sarcastically to a fan that they will bring the show even lower because they are sadists and don't appreciate their actors talents to a fan on FB.  I suppose he was sarcastic but it is  turning out to be reality.

I hope this 9 year old is the smartest one in the show.
@bold :WTH !! did he really say that ?? 😲 is this the way to talk to the fans ?? 😲
k coming to today's episode - what was it ?? i mean srsly ...CV's r simply dishing out anything n think that we loyal fans will accept it !!!
i srlsly didnt like today's episode ..it was so cringe worthy . i m sick of watching the OTT things
CV's hav changed the genre of the serial to comedy...i m missing the mature intense love story :(
i m just sticking to the show bcuz of the actors esp Barun.
srsly Screw the CV's !!
btw r they trying to stretch this comedy till may bcuz thats when IPL is going to get over 🤔

I haven't managed to read everyone's comments but am so glad to see that I am not in a minority! Before seeing the episode I saw the comments on the forum and was wondering whether its just me, but what I read, didn't sound in the least bit appealing...

...and after I saw the episode, I was wondring why did I even bother?  The antics were worth a laugh as a standalone but not as IPKKND!

I started watching the show in early Jan and was hooked, downloaded and watched episodes ad nauseum, and, while it wasn't the best in class as far as production values, editing etc went, it was outstanding due to the characterisations of the two leads esp Arnav - the anti hero!

Now he's been reduced to a helpless, bumbling, at-a-loss-for-words, dumbfounded, perenially on the backfoot romantic hero. Where is the Arnav who didn't think twice about releasing her video, or dropping her from his office? Who wouldn't look her in the eyes for fear of what she would see in his and what he might be forced to acknowledge? Who was cutting, nasty and short with her, even as he regretted everything he said? All that regret still didn't stop him from being obnoxious.

Strange that for a telly hero, where one would hope that the progression would be from a beast to a Prince Charming, I am wishing that the beast would be back! Anything would be better than this!

As for Khushi, I loved her quiet rectitude, her sense of dignity and calm in the face of Arnav's worst behaviour and suddenly she is this screeching, completely unheeding, OTT and unmindful comic character!

Of course the backgrounds of the characters have been chopped, altered, messed with as convinient so much so that the earlier FBs, backgrounds may well have been in another serial and of other characters!

As for the show, it has rapidly moved from being compelling to being depressing, lol!

I started watching EHMMBH courtesy a friend, and I must say even with IPL on, they haven't faltered or decided to show insane fillers to bide time till IPL gets over! The story continues on the track that they have obviously thought through. Whether the story is good, bad, intense, watchable or not is a different issue, but they aren't butchering their characters and story for an IPL!

The even bigger targedy? I am still around and watching! Sigh, that says a lot about me, lol! But mercifully I can rave and rant while I wait for the CVs to get back their act together!

Don't let your special character and values, the secret that you know and no one else does, the truth - don't let that get swallowed up by the great chewing complacency.
Aesop
Edited by DMGFan-2b-not2b - 12 years ago
Anu, Now we have a kid joining the show , as if we did not have enough of childish games.

Indian directors have not mastered the art of directing kids. I have yet to see  children not behave as adults in the Indian entertainment business.

Its going to get worse.
@Anu I WAS a fan of Khushi long long ago when her goofiness made me smile. But there is a limit to everything.
Arnav has not changed much. He is little mellowed but his hotheaededness still intact. I can relate to him still even though he performs Ranjha in front of the society or wears a pink shirt because his beloved wifey decided to throw away all his shirts and he had nothing else to wear.
Khushi to battle out with LOVE. LOVE? Where the HELL. is LOVE here? She is simply irritating him to the extreme.I thought her battleplan with Love would have dignity. But nowadays she is simply , plain annoying.
I am not bashing her but could not stop myself from writing what I felt .
Originally posted by ttt1

absoIuteIy and totaIIy agree with you

i am not worried about arnav redeeming himseIf, i dont think the cvs can redeem the story if they mess up with the basic characterisation of their Ieads for whatever reason

ipI is just an excuse reaIIy disappointed!!!!

I mean this is the basic characterizations not anything else.
People think I am bashing here but I have a real problem with using IPL as an excuse.  did IPL just fall out of the sky or was it on the calendar from last year so you could plan?

I am so tired of all the people saying just watch just do this just do that...not all fillers are created equal and if I am just watching fillers for a month and a half, someone remind me what the hell was I watching.

I was really amused by a post today that said people are getting upset over the red shirt because they don't understand it is just done for comedy.  Yeah, I got the comedy bit - ASR doesn't do comedy that's the sticking point.  Slapstick no, wit and snark yes.

i comp agree with you i am fed up of this comedy track and i hope ipl finishes soon if thats the excuse cv have so they can move the story along, and i really hope they redeem there script and characters exp khushi's nowdays i only watch the epi's for pure fun not expecting it to make any sense the cv r testing the loyal fans patience, but still the ott drama is better then some serials on sp like yrkkh i have seen that show since the beginning its highly annoying and irratating, so yes this ott drama is well better then that and i hope it ends soon.

Originally posted by momma1128

I mean this is the basic characterizations not anything else.
People think I am bashing here but I have a real problem with using IPL as an excuse.  did IPL just fall out of the sky or was it on the calendar from last year so you could plan?

I am so tired of all the people saying just watch just do this just do that...not all fillers are created equal and if I am just watching fillers for a month and a half, someone remind me what the hell was I watching.

I was really amused by a post today that said people are getting upset over the red shirt because they don't understand it is just done for comedy.  Yeah, I got the comedy bit - ASR doesn't do comedy that's the sticking point.  Slapstick no, wit and snark yes.

No anu I understand , i am aIso very annoyed with this argument of just watch it

It is the strong characterisation and acting that made this story and shw unique

ipI  , they are takeing us IoyaI fans for granted , we aIso have a option to switch to ipI , wiII the shw survive if aII of us switch tiII they come up with something worth watching

i dont know how can they mess it up Iike this , they dont seem to Iove their show as much as we do

red shirt , out of character , not situational  just for the sake of it comedy i am not buying it, it is making me question why i am watching this in the first pIace

Loved the start of the episode, giving me hope for continuity and just maybe will get some nice emotional, intense scenes but I guess my expectations were to high Surprisingly I wasn't as irritated of the OTT comedy as I thought I might be and probably because I was expecting it. I laughed like many because it was what it was, did I want that, no as I rather have meaningful filler than what was shown.

Anjali talk with both Arnav and Khushi was good, but what I didn't like is how Khushi used this information.

I am fine with ASR/Arnav change of behavior most of the time, simply because I can still see the character he is from before, he has changed a little but that's because circumstances sometime weaken his way of thinking.

Hated Khushi memory loss of her trying to avoid Arnav and the silent treatment, it felt like all the emotion we went through with her was for nothing and am I asking too much if we get to see any sort of emotion from Arnav that Khushi has started talking to him, we got nothing.

Comedy in moderation and as per character is fine, I really do hope the CV's stop all this OTT drama with Khushi and if they forgot how she is as a character go back and watch past episodes to refresh their memories.

Edited by momb24 - 12 years ago
Why do people have such a problem with the "OTT comedy"? Kajol was the same way in K3G and some people loved her and some found her annoying. I guess its the same here. Oh well. The best part is that Sanaya is a great enough actress to pull this off and bring a smile to our faces...as long as her talent is not being wasted, I'm cool.