Ahem and love: same value, different appearance

swasthi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
With the pending arrival of Anita at the doorstep of MM, what will Ahem do?

The last time he had seen and spoken to Anita he had told her that his marriage had happened. This was said just before he entered his room on the night of his marriage - his SR.

Immediately following that when he found out that his wife was illiterate, he declared to Gopi that he loves Anita and he will never love her.

As Tina's (5cents) post reflect his contrasting expressions of a man that was passionate, controlling and possessive of earlier times https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/2925746 , these qualities still prevail.

It is in the same value but the appearance is different:
* Then he saw Gopi with his mind, now does he see her with his heart? He has not expressed this in words however he has shown this through his actions to Gopi of his passion, control and possessive nature through his marriage.
* Then he believed he saw Anita with his heart, how will he see her now?

His most recent compelling moment was when he sought Gopi's help in unravelling what happened on that Holi afternoon - this being his first. He talked to her about this new and different change he had been feeling from that day. He was not able to recollect what happened even though faint moments came and went in his mind. He sensed that he did spend his time with her but did not know what it was that he did.

Ahem has transformed through his marriage with Gopi. He has expressed when she was in hospital how much she means to him, that woken her from her near coma state. He has shown his mum that he cannot live without her when he missed her. How will he deal with this new challenge?

Where does Ahem's love lie?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SIP1997 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
res

*edited*

Good post Swasthi.

I think Ahem has come long way since he was with Anita. The last flash back he had of her was on his birthday last year, almost a year ago. Since then many things have changed between Gopi and Ahem.

As Ahem himself said the other day after he saw the Holi photo, he feels a change inside him, it is unfamiliar but a good change.

I don't even think he will compare one with the other but even if he does it makes no difference, he is head over heels in love with his wife.

This will only bring his realizion of the fact that what he thought he was love when he was with Anita was really not love but infatuation. He was in love with the idea of love.

Ahem has too many minus points about Anita in his mind. First and the important one is he has not forgotten the way she insulted Koki and the other is what her brother did to his sister in name of revenge. There is no way he would want to be with her and hurt his mom.

On the other hand Gopi has made a place for herself in his heart slowly, and he has many positive about her in his mind. Most important Gopi and Koki's relationship that he has witnessed with his own eyes.

There is nothing left to choose, the choice is already made, it is only the matter of letting everyone know what his choice is.

Edited by sbp1971 - 12 years ago
Dhabu89 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
res

Fantastic post Swasthi...I think Ahem has come a long way. I don't think he really loved Anita, it was just the idea of her being the perfect arm candy for a man in his position. He never really considered how she would fit into his life at home. Now that he sees how Gopi has taken over his family life and how she has become an important part of it, he knows now there is no one better suited to be a Modi bahu than Gopi. He is going to be a little insecure when she shows up...but not because he still has feelings for her, but because he does not want his life disrupted now. 

Fantabulous post and loved your points and questions...I hope I made sense 😳
Edited by Dhabu89 - 12 years ago
Justlikethat1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Swasthi.. What an awesome post👏
And so many questions that we will get answers as the track moves on..

Things we do know.

- Aham loves Gopi. He may not have told her that but he does. 
- Gopi does not think Aham loves her. She feels she is unloved still.
- Aham is basically a good person. He was guilty when he had to jilt Anitha for his mom. If she comes back I think he will feel guilty again.. for hurting her.

So the upcoming track will I am hoping bring closure to all the above. Aham's confession + total realization, Gopi's faith and belief and her dream of Aham's love coming true and finally Aham's closure for his past guilt.

I hope closure now because, I do not want them both to continue in the same vein for the times to come. Gopi deserves his confession and he will not confess until he thinks she is comfortable. Gopi will not be comfortable as she has lost all hope and this is now a vicious cycle. 
I am hoping Anitha breaks this and her entry brings the emotions to the peak making Aham look deeply at what he feels for Gopi. 
Although a comparison between the girls is not really to my taste, I think it becomes unavoidable. Again, it may not be Aham but Gopi herself who compares herself to Anitha and comes up with the decision that Aham is more compatible with her. It will be an epitome of her sacrifice.. Will she sacrifice without a fight, I hope not.. I hope she does fight even if it a little. 
I am sure though that Aham will fight for her. How soon is the question. The upcoming episodes are going to be the rockiest yet in GoHem relationship.
During the initial days it was Anitha's memory that Aham clung to.. But he was able to forget her till now.. Now that the reality comes crashing again, will Aham be able to face his past with confidence? I hope he does. But I think he is going to falter initially and learn from that. When I mean falter, I mean falter in making himself clear not falter in his love for Gopi😃

A very interesting time for this beautiful realtionship😛
yhm_craze thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

i am certain gopi is going to feel insecure coz right now her confidence is at an all time low..she feels the happiest and the most precious moment in her life is not even worth remembering for ahem..

and i am also certain that ahem loves gopi...so even if anita is not negative her return will have a negative impact atleast for gopi...and ahem in the beginning may fail to do the right thing becoz of his guilt of jilting anita...

the good thing is ahem will finally be pushed to be more vocal about his feelings towards gopi...right now he is not making a move (atleast consciously..forget the bhang induced holi milan) coz she does not seem to be comfortable around him..but if she starts moving away further becoz of anita he is going to panic and wont hold himself back...

not sure if i made any sense!

loved your post btw!⭐️
Edited by dipsy80 - 12 years ago
munnihyderabad thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Swasthi it is a fantastic post👏

now there is no question of if Ahem loves gopi or not... because we all know he loves her,,for which words were not let out...

so how does it change their relation - very drastically i would say

- Ahem and Gopi are in a kind of loop... she thinks he does not love her, he thinks she is not comfortable and hiding her pain from him... this could go on for ages to come,,,

- Anitha coming back... will definitely confuse Ahem with all sorts of emotions and gopi will be deep down in misunderstandings...
- i really don't want Ahem to compare and analyze and decide ...

- i think with Anitha as catalyst... Ahem's feelings  will come to the fore that he in fact loves gopi ...and . he will not compare oh gopi is good or anita is bad...and decide if he loves gopi or not...the already existing feelings will come out in words...

- gopi going to the level of sacrificing her love for his happiness, will trigger ahem to confess his love ...not because she is sacrificing her love for him... but he will not let her go and want to be with her,,.. only because he loves her and that is where Ahem Modis' love is😊

Sehru_life thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i was postive before reading ur post but now i am more 😊
ShaunSA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
And swasthi comes in with the million dollar question! For me the answer is simple. Aham was infatuated with anita. And she would have made him an ideal trophy wife. Aham loves gopi with every fibre of his being. He will never let go of the one person his heart has chosen for him to spend the rest of his life with. The journey may be rocky. But the fate of our golden couple is to grow old together.
swasthi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sbp1971

res

*edited*

Good post Swasthi.

I think Ahem has come long way since he was with Anita. The last flash back he had of her was on his birthday last year, almost a year ago. Since then many things have changed between Gopi and Ahem.

As Ahem himself said the other day after he saw the Holi photo, he feels a change inside him, it is unfamiliar but a good change.

I don't even think he will compare one with the other but even if he does it makes no difference, he is head over heels in love with his wife.

This will only bring his realizion of the fact that what he thought he was love when he was with Anita was really not love but infatuation. He was in love with the idea of love.

Ahem has too many minus points about Anita in his mind. First and the important one is he has not forgotten the way she insulted Koki and the other is what her brother did to his sister in name of revenge. There is no way he would want to be with her and hurt his mom.

On the other hand Gopi has made a place for herself in his heart slowly, and he has many positive about her in his mind. Most important Gopi and Koki's relationship that he has witnessed with his own eyes.

There is nothing left to choose, the choice is already made, it is only the matter of letting everyone know what his choice is.

Thanks Shilpa.

Agreeably so for all your points raised.

@ bold, the show gives the impression that it has reached a point of clarity where matters of the heart for Ahem is concerned. Now all that is left to do is is for him to express what he feels and wants.

varshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
awesome post swasthi and wonderful posts by everybody in this thread...ahem loves gopi with every fibre of his being and anithas entry might just be the push he needs to communicate with gopi and be more assertive...