Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Sajid Khan moves on to 'Himmatwala'

.Omkara. IF-Addictz
.Omkara.
.Omkara.

Posted: 10 April 2012 at 12:11am | IP Logged

By Taran Adarsh,April 09, 2012 - 22:29 hrs IST
#

Sajid Khan is having the last laugh! His third outing, HOUSEFULL 2, has passed the public scrutiny with distinction marks [Rs 43.5 cr opening weekend], despite scathing criticism by a section of the media. One would expect Sajid to start work on HOUSEFULL 3, but the director is in no hurry to start the third installment of the successful franchise. Instead, he has started work on HIMMATWALA.

HIMMATWALA, starring Jeetendra and Sridevi, revived the trend of remaking South hits. And three decades later, Sajid is all set to remake the smash hit with Ajay Devgn essaying the principal role. "Would you believe it, I had watched the Jeetendra hit 36 times, when it opened in the 1980s. I was enthralled by that film. I am maintaining the essence of the film, but re-writing it completely," Sajid divulges. Vashu Bhagnani is producing the remake, which is also titled HIMMATWALA. Meanwhile, Prakash Raj, who played the antagonist in SINGHAM, has also been roped in for a pivotal part in the remake. The leading lady? "Wait for three weeks. We will announce the name soon," Sajid reveals.

Sajid plans to complete HIMMATWALA before the year comes to a close. And, hopefully, he will start HOUSEFULL 3 thereafter. Right now, he's enjoying the success of HOUSEFULL 2. "I knew it would do well, but I wanted it to work big time for Akshay. He deserves it," Sajid smiles.

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/more/news/view/id/1428450

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Castiel-bambogliReal.Madridfire_gun

fire_gun IF-Stunnerz
fire_gun
fire_gun

Posted: 10 April 2012 at 12:17am | IP Logged
srilankan beauty must be waiting for her role in filmLOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Mehr-kRekha_jibambogli

TheRowdiest IF-Stunnerz
TheRowdiest
TheRowdiest

Posted: 10 April 2012 at 8:49am | IP Logged
he is below average director , whose movies were successful just bcz they had big star cast , and publicized well  ...how he is getting movies ? 

Sajid Nadiadwala ...i can get but now even Vasu is Giving him movies to direct Confused
Rekha_ji IF-Dazzler
Rekha_ji
Rekha_ji

Posted: 10 April 2012 at 9:10am | IP Logged
Sadly, I won't be watching any of his movies in the future. His directing is atrocious. I somewhat enjoyed Housefull due to the cast. But Housefull 2 was disappointing, and even though Akshay, John, Asin were good I can't stand his movies.
.Omkara. IF-Addictz
.Omkara.
.Omkara.

Posted: 10 April 2012 at 10:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by minnie.reet

he is below average director , whose movies were successful just bcz they had big star cast , and publicized well  ...how he is getting movies ? 

Sajid Nadiadwala ...i can get but now even Vasu is Giving him movies to direct Confused

So u think Heyy Babyy, Housefull, Housefull 2 are hits just coz it has Big Stars? i would say Akki, coz he is there in all 3, so it's akki + big stars so the movies worked?? dats it?? No Effort from his side??

It's completely bias approach for him, Between Housefull and Housefull 2 - Akshay Kumar has not even got 1 Single CLEAN Hits, Some flops, Some Average. Same with those big stars u talking from these 3 films, they got big hit in the form of these 3 films.

So it's Sajid Khan only who is saving their Ass by giving 3 Clean Super Duper Hit Movies.
Krrish4You IF-Rockerz
Krrish4You
Krrish4You

Posted: 10 April 2012 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
Tfs.. I liked sajid's heyy babyy bt himmatwala he will direct.. Dnt knw hw will it churn out..
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top