Sensational South
Sensational South

Rajeev Pillai turns superstar!

PutijaChalhov IF-Sizzlerz
PutijaChalhov
PutijaChalhov

Posted: 09 April 2012 at 8:52pm | IP Logged

Rajeev Pillai turns superstar!

The hunk, who has only played the bad guy till now, has bagged his first film as the hero – a superstar at that

Ammu Zachariah

It was only a matter of time before Mollywood actor Rajeev Pillai signed up for a role as the lead actor. The onscreen villain, who gained much popularity for his skills on the cricket field during the celebrity tournaments, is playing a superstar in debutant director Nikhil's My Fan Ramu.
    The film is said to revolve around the life of a youngster who gets to spend a few days with his idol, a superstar. Rajeev will be essaying the role of a superstar while Saiju Kurup will be seen as his hard core fan.
    Confirming the news Rajeev says, "The role is extremely performance oriented. But the best part of the deal is that I get to work with two of my good friends, Saiju and Nikhil."
    "I have only been seen
    playing negative roles so
    far. There have been a few guest appearances in some others. I find that there are very few directors who have seen me as an actor. Most of them cast me just for the sake of it," observes the actor. However, post the celebrity tournament, things seem to have changed for the better for Rajeev. "Apart from being recognised a lot more, there have been many good offers coming my way too," says the actor. Though, he adds that playing the lead role each time is hardly what he hopes for. "I hope to get performance-oriented roles. I want people to recognise me as an actor," says Rajeev.
    ammu.zachariah@timesgroup.com 

STARDOM BECKONS: Rajeev Pillai

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hopper_oceanSweetyGreen

hopper_ocean Viewbie
hopper_ocean
hopper_ocean

Posted: 10 April 2012 at 2:29am | IP Logged
First time as super hero Ermm wonder if he would be able to play that role .. thanks didi for sharing.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

PutijaChalhov

SweetyGreen IF-Sizzlerz
SweetyGreen
SweetyGreen

Posted: 10 April 2012 at 6:24am | IP Logged
Thanks dear for sharing the news...Clap

Villain turns into hero.. so another superstar in the making..Wink
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top