Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nandalala thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: jakhushi

Priya... You set the tone with the Pic of "Once Upon a Time". πŸ‘

I always felt... Fairy tales arent for only important to kids... it just teaches kids to dream and fantasize. They are really for adults, for us to remember that we sometimes need to dream and let ourselves soak in fantasy and believe a happy ending is possible.

And today Khushi & Arnav's real world and their fairytale intermingled way too much for Arnav's liking I guess. But I liked the analogy used by the CVs.

Infact, come to think of it... CVs in their own way remind us that it is afterall a Love story ... whether it is ensuring the protagonists act out epic stories like Heer Ranjha or tell the story of Beauty & the Beast! And what better story to tell than That for Arnav & Khushi. The beast who fights his own demons and the beauty who sees him for what he really is and loves him for the beauty of his soul!

Mami's comment had me going YAYYY for her... I guess the aftermath of missing Khushi was still there and he didnt react with his trademark "Enough!!!" Payal trying to control her smile before Jethji... that was cute.

And did you notice Arnav's reaction when Nani mentions driver will drop the kids home? I guess he too was shocked like me... Where are these so called drivers πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

Khushi & Arnav's chitti saga reminds me of long forgotten childhood love stories... sending letters through the middle man. (I played middle woman for many cousins... so I know what the poor kid was feeling ... "Bohut busy huin" πŸ˜†).

The Oye Sunn... was sooo cute!!!! the 1st glimpse of Chotey's bachpana. Adorable!!!
I had missed the filmfare completely... keen observation Priya.πŸ‘

Hoping The CVs will pick up the Arnav missing Khushi wala piece tomorrow... *fingers & toes crossed*. Really want to see something on those lines... for years now!!! 😑

And maybe its time for Anjie Baby to play cupid.. Nani has done her bit, her husband darling keeps doing his bit every now. And despite many negative feeling about Anjali... I really like her.

So hopeful moi...

CVs I have a long day tomorrow... so please make my evening!!!

Khushi, really missed you, yaar...The bits in red are pure Khushi!!!πŸ˜† Your 1st para is fabulous!  Loved how you summarized the importance of fairytales for children!  Yep, reality and dreams intermingled today...and I think in the end, Arnav wanted to become part of the fantasy..& yes, that was a reminder we are indeed watching a "love story".😊  I think the drivers are like the pool...they appear & disappear as needed!πŸ˜†  The magical mystery continues!

I agree...I don't mind my namesake either...She just puts on this facade that sometimes irks me, but I can't be upset at her for too long!πŸ˜ƒ  Have a great day, hun...Hope your evening is ttly made!!!
Nandalala thumbnail
Originally posted by: beena14

Res

Priya, I loved you title and Once upon a time...and all your quotes.
A lot is written about the episode not much for me to write saying the same thing is redundant.
I dedicate this reply to you only. WOW WOW WOW how do you write so poetically everyday Hats off to you , girl do you even have any idea how talented you are.I mean right after watching the show you put out the crooner in an hour or two amazing, I have my mouth open every time I read your crooners..The dedication, passion ,enthusiasm you have just WOWπŸ‘

I am not kidding, I want you to keep copies of all your crooners. I would really like the moderators to act on this PLEASE PLEASE try to send Priya's crooners to the IPKKND team specially all the creative heads.

Priya portfolio ready rakho please I have been telling you this for awhile now. I am praying you will act on this please.  Priya thank you for making the forum so positive ,spicy, energetic. Love you sweet heart. Can't wait for your crooner tomorrow( your today)

I completely and totally agree, Beena Di!!!  Well said!  Priya has a gift and I want the world to see it!πŸ‘
Nandalala thumbnail
Originally posted by: soni.b

Hey priya!!!!!

an absolutely beautiful crooner as beautiful as the fairy tale we saw today!!!! what a perfect beginning to the Crooner!!! btw as usual awesome quotes & pics... and so apt...β­οΈπŸ‘πŸ‘

honestly priya how beautifully you express all the said and unsaid emotions!!!❀️ kash main bhi likh sakti!!!

enjoyed the epi...finally arnav hears khushi's voice after almost 2 days...follows her voice to the guest room and finds her there with kids...resulting in another what the moment for arnav...priya ur so right even i felt it...he has been missing her badly for last 2 days and when he finally sees her...what does he do...just walks away!!!πŸ˜•

loved mannu mami today...her dialogues rocked..."jab tak apne personal bacche na ho jaye" πŸ˜†and oh yes he definitely has no probs with it...shaadi...phir bacche its normal...looks like he has again forgotten the 6 months clause...btw payalji you seemed to be enjoying ur saasuma's sense of humour!!!!

loved nani and arnav's scene...arnav's reaction to nani explaining what khushi has been doing was superb...nani was fantastic...encouraging and supportive of khushi's endeavours to be independentπŸ‘πŸΌ...nani reminding arnav of his childhood was cute!πŸ˜ƒ

priya one of my fav fairy tale and have always loved the beast!!!!! btw fantastic take on the story telling...specially khushi's feelings for arnav...who is the shaitan and also the rajkumar she dreams of and of arrnav's realisation!!! arnav has been listening to the story and has realised that he is the shaitan...and then she says that she dreams of a prince who cares for her...here arnav looks away as he thinks she is speaking of shyam...only to be suprised the next minute when she says the shaitan and the rajkumar are the same person!!! now only if our arnav can remember this bit that abt the prince and the beast being the same person...he can deduce that she dreams abt him and not the creep shyam...usko buddhi do bhagwan...πŸ˜† actually liked the literal translation of The Beauty and The Beast...sundari aur shaitan!!!

@red & bold: Soni, I've always loved the Beast, too...He just resonates with me.  He doesn't know how to love, yet he loves Beauty almost unconditionally; I say almost because he never wants her to leave him...so in a sense, she is controlled by him.  But his heart is pure & good, even though she doesn't see it in the beginning.  She hurts him when she leaves, saying she will come back...In a sense, she betrays him.  But we know Beauty also has a very clear heart, and that is why she comes back to him (the mirror which is really a synonym for the heart shows her this,,,)  They are in reality mirror images of each other!

I do think Arnav knows that Khushi refers to him as the RajKumar...But, it is very possible that the CVs may bring in the Shyam aka Gaston reference tomorrow!!!

chillar party were fantastic...specially nikhil...he was so cute...loved his scene with arnav!!! usse bhi pata chal gaya ki shaitan deals karne mein expert hai...πŸ˜‰

new form of communication...passing chits...reminded me of school days!!!πŸ˜†

Me too!!!

btw priya i think the shaitan prefers sundari...,,loved his expression when he hears it the first time!!!

Hahaha...good catch!  In fact he did call her "sundar" during Holi!πŸ˜†

anjali intercepting the note...chotey aur khushiji ki sulah karwane ke liye kuch toh karna padega look!!!!! btw loved anjali's expression when nikhil showed her the shaitan!!!!πŸ˜ƒ

Loved that, too!!!

sanaya and barun were fantastic!!!!πŸ‘

oh loved your holi reminder...he is a liar no doubt...the biggest lie he keeps repeating is "i hate you."πŸ˜ƒ

priya no theme for this week!!!

Soni, you are an awesome writer!!!  Such a sweet and honest post!  My comments are in red!😊
pc_pals thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Hi, I'm Anjali... πŸ˜Š  Thank you for this post!πŸ‘πŸΌ

@black and bold:  What you echo is precisely what each one of us has also seen...and what Khushi has also seen.  She is a realist just like us...She knows Shyam's truth.  Anjali only sees the Prince, Khushi has seen the Beast!😊  Likewise, ASR has also seen the same truth!  So what they showed today resonates in reality as well!😊  And I couldn't agree more about your question about keeping our loved one's happy!  It is life's biggest irony!  

@red & bold: beautifully said!!!

I really appreciate you sharing your personal experiences with us!  

Thanks Anjali..😊

I was really feeling low on learning some nasty truths and amazed on those female strength who are fighting for themselves...Thankfully CVs showed it last night ...I was relieved thinking that this is how I have been taught to accept the realities of life...πŸ˜ƒ If I cant help them in their situation, atleast I can lend a shoulder to cry on...😳 

-cherryblossom- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
wonderful analysis... πŸ‘

Nandalala thumbnail
Originally posted by: passionalive

Thanks Anjali..😊

I was really feeling low on learning some nasty truths and amazed on those female strength who are fighting for themselves...Thankfully CVs showed it last night ...I was relieved thinking that this is how I have been taught to accept the realities of life...πŸ˜ƒ If I cant help them in their situation, atleast I can lend a shoulder to cry on...😳 

You are welcome, yaar!  I do think the CVs for this show make a concerted effort to be as realistic as possible!  Khushi's struggles, her take on life, all of it is indeed a testament to "female strength"!😊Thats why I am a firm supporter of her!

I would also like to add here, if I may: this is not a M & B type of story, contrary to what ppl say!  Every part of the narrative has a thought behind it...we sometimes may not see it because it is a daily show.  If we look back, the way they handled the engagement aftermath after Arnav finds out...it was MIND BLOWING!  The pain, angst, hatred, love, emotion...all of it...there was no humor then...That alone was reason to get me hooked!  To some extent, the show is not for the faint hearted.  Having said this, the light hearted moments they do incorporate become significant and necessary (and again remind us that in life, the intense comes with the frivolous!😊)
Edited by Nandalala - 12 years ago
amisuv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nandalala

Res...

Edited~

"If I'm honest I have to tell you I still read fairytales and I like them best of all."

~Audrey Hepburn

'The Tale of  Mirrored Reflections'

PRIYA, WHAT A CROONER, BABE!!!!πŸ‘πŸ‘  Absolutely OUTSTANDING! Loved every quote in it (particularly the Chesterton & Grace Kelly ones!), every part of it so reflective of what we saw today...and what it means for the fabulous tale that is this show!  As you correctly pointed out, what was could easily have been an sophmoric effort in making a connection to a classic far surpassed all our expectations...I had a smile on my face throughout...my fairytales never had such magical visuals before!  And yes, as soon as I heard tuitions, I thought of your OS!  Your brilliant mind thought of the perfect scenario to bring our Belle & Beast together!πŸ‘

Its ALL PERSONAL: A litter of children, the wrath boils!  *Doesn't she know I dislike children!?* Seeks answers!!! Quick overview from Manu on the latest happenings...something about "Personal Bacche vs. Doosron ke Baache"...as you indicated, no hint of cringing!  Personal toh akhir PERSONAL hota hai!  Naani reminds him about his own childhood..what we will soon see!πŸ˜ƒ  He learns she hasn't listened to him...still has the dabba business "on the side"...

Cut to damage control..."Press mein koi bhi story exaggerate karke prove kar rahein hain ki hum bahut bade MONSTERS hain..."πŸ˜†...& then "SHAITAAN, SHAITAAN"...The Tale begins...

(Quick aside: The new HP has no clue of Khushi's "new business"!  LOL!  A houseful of children & he has no idea where Khushi is!!!!??)πŸ˜•

Through the Looking Glass: He can't look away from those eyes because her hurt is very visible...Her heart is in those eyes!  Yet, she says nothing to him...The kids hold their own...little proxies for the Sundari's pain...make him look away just like in the classic tale!  "Shaitaan aur RajKumar ek hi aadmi the"...Loved how you described this part--the duality so evident...and yet, she can't hate him!  He now knows that whats in her heart!  In the story the Shaitaan questions her, here she questions him...yet..."Kuch Samaj hi Nahi Paaye Woh!"  She states her confusion without mincing words...And she is speaking for both of them!  But reminds the children of what matters: "Sundari bahut acchi ladki thi"...her heart is pure and no one can take that away from her!  Sanaya was just BREATHTAKING today!  In every part, in every way!

The Tike vs. The Tycoon:  Absolutely ADORED this scene!  Made my day!  The kid w/gumption!  Mini ASR in the making!!  Loved the wheeling/dealing!  And ASR's bargaining at the end...Oye!Sun!Tere se kaam chala loon?...had me on the floor! And the smile, the smirk, looking up at the heavens!  He becomes one of them!!! Barun was FANTABULOUS in this scene!  Big round of applause...πŸ‘

Written Musings, Part 1:  A letter sent & a letter received...Their first declarations of...REALITY vs. DREAMS!  Again, the mirror speaks...What are you teaching the kids?  Shaitaan tells Sundari..."Yeh zindagi hain...Koi pariyon ki kahani nahi"...Yes, the first thing that came to mind when she read that was the dressing room scene!  Oh, ASR if only you knew how in tune she is with her reality!  I chuckled at that one...She poignantly reminds him: how can I live in a dream if I'm married to you...if I love you?  Again, they are on the same page...yet...the mirror only shows one side of their being!  Liar, liar pants on fire moment🀣: "Sundari...aur tum?  Ghar mein itni saare sheeshein hain...dekh loh"!🀣🀣  Yes, we need Di's Holi vid, STAT!!!  And her retort was just as brilliant...T&J all the way!!!

The Interceptor & Written Musings, Part 2:  Anjali's getting the hold of the letter before ASR reads her words is very interesting...now its in writing...there is a disconnect between what is being shown & what is in their hearts!  Written words never lie...she now has hard proof!  Loved how the CVs depicted this!

What the Mirror Tells Us:  As with the classic tale, someday Beauty will leave because she cannot live with the Beast!  Yet the mirror will tell her, her Beast is dying...She will return...Her tears and her strength will be his elixir...his antidote to the poisons of his past!  Resurrection will happen!  Its in writing now!😊

As you can tell, I fell in love with this show all over again!  This epi spoke to the perennial romantic in me!  I watched Beauty & the Beast on Broadway several years ago & it is a favorite!  Just wish that the IPK rendition would have made a reference to Khushi's Gaston (Shyam)...that would been icing on the cake!!!  

SaRun were MAGNIFICENT, yaar!  Their expressions, PERFECTION!  Those kids, especially Nikhil, were SPECTACULAR!  Chillar party to the hilt!πŸ˜†  The dialogues were outstanding, too!  I agree with you on Arnav's lack of emotion on actually seeing Khushi home...but honestly, I think seeing the children there put a damper on his inner smiles!  I was also left to wonder what happens to file & dhagaa gate now?πŸ˜•  I have an allergy to loose ends!πŸ˜†  The epi did add another layer to the story...but I am hoping the kids/and Akash's "khaas" 9 yr old girlfriend bring the truth out abt Shyam!  Fingers crossed!

Anyway, a perfect way to start my day!  WIll add more later as I couldn't watch the VM at the end... Won't be around much tomorrow!  Thanks again, hun!  So PSYCHED to have the Queen back!!!πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ€—

ETA~

Crooner buddies, check out the lyrics for this signature song from Disney's Beauty & the Beast:

Tale As Old As Time

Tale as old as time
True as it can be
Barely even friends 
Then somebody bends
Unexpectedly 

Just a little change
Small to say the least
Both a little scared
Neither one prepared
Beauty and the Beast

Ever just the same
Ever a surprise
Ever as before
Ever just as sure
As the sun will rise

Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Bitter sweet and strange
Finding you can change
Learning you were wrong

Certain as the sun 
Rising in the East 
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the Beast

Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the beast 

Perfect for ArHi, right!?

And, oh, Priya...Taylor Swift!  Encapsulates today beautifully!!!  LOVE HER!!!

Hey Anjali, brilliant post dear πŸ‘πŸΌ Ur opening quotes r always very powerful & insync with the day's episode. @bold- awesome points. U hv covered everything, I dont need to say much ...yeh HP toh bilkul clueless lagta hai, purane HP ko vapas lao bhai...

What the Mirror tells us- beatifully described how the resurrection will happen eventually.

Anjali, all of us hv an allergy to loose ends but hv to deal with CVs amnesia from time to time. Going by various discussions happening arnd, it seems the clearing of the MU has taken a backseat fr the time being till IPL ends. Lets see how the role of this new entry plays out.

Thanks fr posting the lyrics of this wonderful song 😊

OnepoundChic thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
vry nice crooner di!
completely agree what u said in the begining,before watching the epi i was very angry n depressd type on what cvs r doing but seriously cvs kinda surprised me like most of times!
shetan nd sundri story was so beautiful and best thing was that,it wasn't free of what is happening in arhi life..loved khushi again yesterday,when arnie came infront of her she remembrd that, what has happened b/w them before ,when she was telling the story she again remembered him,loved how she has kept in her mind n heart, that if he hurts her the most ,then also,he loves her the most!
oye sun!!!!😍 along with what the now this is my signature in speekingπŸ˜†  😍
whole episode was such a treat to watch! now m not going to predict anything before watching coming up gopi arnav scenesπŸ˜†

Nandalala thumbnail
Gals, me finally off to bed...Got loads to do tomorrow, but wanted to read & comment here...Its now part of ma routine!πŸ˜†  Anyway, y'all have amazing days ahead!!!  Catch ya soon, buds!!!πŸ€—
subiscs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nandalala

Gals, me finally off to bed...Got loads to do tomorrow, but wanted to read & comment here...Its now part of ma routine!πŸ˜†  Anyway, y'all have amazing days ahead!!!  Catch ya soon, buds!!!πŸ€—

heyyy good night!!! sleep tight πŸ˜ƒ see ya soonnn!!!!!!