Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago
anandi  haveli chod  ke  jaa rahi thi  pur dadisa ko heart attack aa gaya tha  tub dadisa ne anandi se promise  liya  tha ki anandi kabhi  haveli chod kur nahi jaayegi
mybro_2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Even if A leves haveli and goes... and G gets the bahu status wht are these two going to do to the family, except being a financial burden on them ...
msnautanki thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Bhairon & Sumitra have accepted A as their daughter..and they want her to stay with them. They have taken all her responsibility..
tinoo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I am the thread starter... and I want to clarify what my stance was when I started the thread...

I have no issues if anandi continues to live there ... and it is laudable that bhairon has adopted her as his daughter... that is the correct thing.

I did however find it quite ridiculous that anandi said to Jagya that she has decided to stay on to fulfill responsibilities that he washed his hands off...

I still feel that it is the opposite ... that Bhairon and sumitra are the ones who have taken her responsibility.

The issue is not that she chooses to stay in the haveli... but the reason that she gives.

It was the same issue when she gave her mother a reason to want to continue staying in the haveli... that she would continue to stay there because she had a responsibility towards all others in the house./.. 

why not just say "I love these people, and it is dil ka rishta, and I want to continue staying there"

The way anandi portrays it is as if there is some sort of big obligation that she owes to the family which she wants to clear off... when she could just represent it as her choice.

I dont see the need for a big rationalization mechanism, that's all.

Edited by tinoo - 12 years ago
tinoo thumbnail
Originally posted by: Missesha

[

Well great! If one of her reason's to stay in haveli is to punish J for his deeds then I am very happy with A's decision i.e. stay in haveli, look after the folks, enjoy your life and make J realise that he is such a loser. That would be an accepteable thinking. But If A only wants to stay just to serve the family as she claims then I don't quite get it.

Yes, it is the way she represents it to jagya that is completely wrong.

All she has to tell Jagya is that it is my right to stay in the haveli ... and that decision is not for you to make... it is for bapusa to make... if you have any questions about my living here, contact him.

But to say "I am staying here to fulfill duties which you have washed your hands off" is a little too grandiose thinking in my mind.
tinoo thumbnail
Originally posted by: abhina_roks

I dont think even haveli ppl will bear the separation of Anandi from them as they already lost their son and now are living emotionally with the support of their DIL...

Abhina,

I am just curious how you think this section in red is happening?

The singhs are not emotionally dependent on their daughter in law -- I dont see it.

Tomorrow if anandi were not there, I dont see the family members falling apart?

I am not criticising what you wrote. Just trying to see if I can understand it.
abhina_roks thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: tinoo

Abhina,

I am just curious how you think this section in red is happening?

The singhs are not emotionally dependent on their daughter in law -- I dont see it.

Tomorrow if anandi were not there, I dont see the family members falling apart?

I am not criticising what you wrote. Just trying to see if I can understand it.

If anandi moves awayy from their family, the haveli ppl have already lost their son and cant see a daughter like person too going away just because their son had betrayed them...Couldnt you see how DS, bhairav and other family members belive that atleast she has replaced their son and kept the respect of their family in the whole village...
Now if she has to leave the haveli, it should be for a good cause like A's remarriage, then they wouldnt mind...otherwise just for the sake of Jagiyaa, if she leaves and goes to her maike, they will definetly feel very very bad and miss her as they feel they are responsible for her loneliness...so they are emotionally dependent on her...
Suchi- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Tinoo, she does not have responsibilities for that family, 
but she sure loves them and that creates responsibilities. No one supported her except the Singh family. Everyone forsake her, even her parents they after a little fight gave up but the singh family did not. So she is doing what every daughter would do... have responsibility towards the people whom she dearly loves. 

I do not think Anandi believes that she is the daughter in law of the house, but rather she loves them as her parents. 

So dosen't a daughter have any responsibility towards her parents?

is it really necessary for Anandi to get married. She doesn't want to and who would after being hurt like that. Heart broken and shattered by the one person whom she loved the most from her childhood. a lot of years were invested emotionally towards that relationship that she cherished so I do not think she will ever be able to clear up that wound. 

She is filling that gap with giving love to that family that had ties to that wound and by doing that it helps her heal.

So I do not think Anandi is wrong in staying rather she has more rights on that family than Jagya. 
And DS was right in giving her heirloom to Anandi who - in true sense - the family's heir. 

fast trak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Anandi has been in that house ever since she was a little girl and she has always known that this was her home and family. Just bec the son of the family forgot his duties and ran away breaking all ties she neednt follow suit. her connection in that house is not with J alone. She has a formed a  bond with each member of the house.

Moreover she cannot leave them bec now that J is out she has to make sure the gap is filled at least with her presence. Shes not just staying there for her happiness...shes also there for giving them happiness. Thats what families are like. Anandi is an integral part of that household and the family just cant bear her to go away. 

I appreciate that even though they are not her blood relatives shes still with them whereas the useless son of the family never gave a second thought to desert his own kith and kin.