Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Devon Ke Dev Mahadev Written update - 9/4/2012 (Page 5)

Sia889 IF-Sizzlerz
Sia889
Sia889

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
preety_219

likithakmh

InnocentHacker

Thanks for commenting guys!

keep reading DKDM

Edited by Killer_Shark - 11 April 2012 at 11:47pm

Sia889 IF-Sizzlerz
Sia889
Sia889

Posted: 11 April 2012 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by coolfizzy

Originally posted by Rehanism

Originally posted by ratilal22192

Vijaya, Angry =puri vamp hai! did she have dice in her hand? isnt that going against customs, women didnt play dice, if that indeed were chaucer ke paase in her hand?

There are several instances of women playing dice in Indian epics...Kunti was an ace player. Parvati defeated Shiva in dice in Shiva Puran. Why wouldn't women play dice? Smile

@TM - Thanks for the updates..Haven't watched the episodes this off late expect for few glimpses...Can anyone tell me the episode in which Shiva makes his statue?Big smile

I totally agree wid u...
and here is the story...

Shiva and Parvati often played Dice in their conjugal abode on Mount Kailasa. Once to make the game more exciting and interesting, Shiva asked Parvati to bet her Jewels and he betted his trident. If he won, he would get Parvati's jewels. If Parvati won, she would get Shiva's trident. But Parvati won the game and Shiva lost his trident to her. Not to give up so easily, Shiva now betted his serpent in the next game. That also he lost to Parvati.

Then in a bid to win the consequent games that followed, he kept wagering all his possessions - his skull bowl, his rudraksha beads, his ash, his drum, his smoking pipe and even his loin cloth - he lost them all to Parvati in the Game of Dice.

Humiliated by his defeat, Shiva went off in seclusion to the Deodar Forest. Seeing his plight, Lord Vishnu offered to help and asked him to play again with Parvati assuring him that this time he would definitely win all the games of Dice, thus regaining back his possessions from Parvati.

So Shiva went back to Parvati and enticed her for another round of games. He won all of them but Parvati felt suspicious of Shiva's sudden success, calling him a Cheat. Shiva outraged by the accusation, demanded an apology. It led to heated debates and hurling of insults and abuses between the couple.

Seeing their Commotion, Vishnu came to pacify them. He revealed to Parvati the secret of Shiva's victories. He said that his spirit had entered the dice and that the dice didn't work according to their moves but as per his wish. So neither Shiva had really won nor had Parvati actually lost. The game was an illusion and their quarrel was a product of their delusion.

On hearing Vishnu, Shiva and Parvati realised that life was like their game of dice - very unpredictable and beyond control.

Shiva told Parvati that the world is an illusion. Nature is an illusion. Matter is just a mirage, here one moment, gone the next. Even Food is just Maya.

Parvati, mother of all material things including food, lost her temper. "If I am just an illusion, let's see how you and the rest of the world get along without me," she said and disappeared from the world.

Her disappearance caused havoc in the cosmos. Time stood still, seasons did not change, the earth became barren and there was a terrible drought. There was no food to be found in the three worlds of AkaashPataal andDharti. Gods, demons and humans kept suffering from the pangs of hunger. "Salvation makes no sense to an empty stomach", cried the sages.

Seeing all the suffering, Parvati's heart melted and she appeared at Kashi and set up a Kitchen. Hearing about her return, Shiva ran to her with all other hungry mendicants and presented his bowl in alms saying, "Now I realise that the material world, like the spirit, cannot be dismissed as an illusion."

Parvati smiled and fed Shiva with her own hands.

Since then Parvati is worshipped as Annapoorna Devi - the Goddess of Food.

The image of Parvati serving food to her hermit-husband, Shiva adorns one of the temples at Kashi, Varanasi (U.P. India) where devotees offer prayers.

It is said that she does not eat a morsel unless all her devotees have been fed the Bhog-Prashad in her temple.

WOW that was interesting info..thanks for sharing the story!
I guess this very song suits ua Write-up

Thanks for commenitng!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

coolfizzy

shivamala IF-Dazzler
shivamala
shivamala

Posted: 24 September 2012 at 9:35pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the update. I just started watching this show in July Shiv and Parvarti's wedding episode I loved it so I am trying to watch the video from the beginning. I am having a ball. Although some of the video are deleted and some are slow its worth it.

Go to top