|Salman@the TIGER of Khans| - Page 86

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by ZoobiDoobi

Bollywood incomplete without Salman: Kareena

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 | 12:27:34 PM IST (+05:30 GMT) 10 Comments
Bollywood incomplete without Salman: Kareena

Salman Khan is on the brink of completing a silver jubilee in Bollywood, and actress Kareena Kapoor says the industry is incomplete without him.

kareena kapoor

Salman Khan is on the brink of completing a silver jubilee in Bollywood, and actress Kareena Kapoor says the industry is incomplete without him.

"I think we all are big fans of Salman and he has been my and Karisma's (Kapoor) co-star. I am really happy with his 25 years because this industry is incomplete without Salman," the 31-year-old said here.

The actress, who is awaiting the release of her film "Heroine" spoke on the sidelines of a special shoot for comedy TV show "Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah".

About her appearance on the show, Kareena said: "I think it's the number one TV show, so we are happy that we could promote our film 'Heroine' on such a popular stage."

The serial's most popular character, Daya Jethalal Gada, essayed by actress Disha Vakani, made Kareena do the garba. Kareena, who has danced to "Halkat jawaani" in the film was quite a sport.

"All of them are quite halkat so we danced on 'Halkat jawaani' and the show has got that spirit. I also did the garba and Punjabi dance and I also made them dance to my song. So the concept has been well-woven in the script," Kareena said.

Directed by Madhur Bhandarkar, "Heroine" hits theatres this Friday and also stars Arjun Rampal and Randeep Hooda.

ThaNk yOu fOr leTting uS kNow..😊
KarEena is SoO sWeEt..😳
AgrEe wIth hEr..πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜³
^ u welcome dear. I love both bebo and sallu!
πŸ˜† lol another addictz in the FC 
Originally posted by Tazeen_Rida2004

@khota_sikka_sri: thnx for sharing the article.
@B.A.Rebel & Sadffi: nice siggies.
thnx 
Originally posted by Gabriella

@munna bhai n sadaffi- amzng siggies

@sadffi- awww...sooo cute...
thnxπŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by sadffi

ThaNk yOu fOr leTting uS kNow..😊
KarEena is SoO sWeEt..😳
AgrEe wIth hEr..πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜³
bhai roxx β­οΈβ­οΈβ­οΈ πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ β­οΈβ­οΈβ­οΈ

Salman, the 'tiger' among Bollywood taxpayers, pays Rs 8 cr

After a string of Rs 100 crore plus grossing films capped by his latest blockbuster 'Ek Tha Tiger', actor Salman Khan has emerged as the highest taxpayer in Bollywood forking out Rs eight crore for the September quarter.

A-
After a string of Rs 100 crore plus grossing films capped by his latest blockbuster 'Ek Tha Tiger', actor Salman Khan has emerged as the highest taxpayer in Bollywood forking out Rs 8 crore for the September quarter.

Salman, 46, trumped all his peers and rivals in the tinsel town paying Rs 8 crore in advance tax in July-September this year as compared to Rs 5 crore in the same period a year ago, an income tax official told PTI here today.

Salman's romantic-action-thriller 'Ek Tha Tiger' has clocked approximately Rs 198 crore at the box office. He has also starred in other Rs 100 crore films like 'Dabangg', 'Ready' and 'Bodyguard'.

The film's female lead and Salman's rumoured former lady love in real life, Katrina Kaif, paid Rs 2.60 crore compared to the year ago period's Rs 1.70 crore. Salman's bete noire Shah Rukh Khan, who has not had any big release this year as yet, had his tax outgo flat at Rs 5 crore, the official said.

Akshay Kumar, another big name in Bollywood, paid Rs 7.5 crore advance tax in comparison to Rs 5 crore he had paid last year during the same period, he said. Among the other Khans, Aamir's fortunes may have taken a hit by his mega reality show Satyamev Jayate as reflected by his payment of Rs 3.25 crore as against Rs 4.50 crore last year.

Saif Ali Khan, whose films 'Agent Vinod' and 'Cocktail' had varying responses at the box office, paid a tax of Rs 3 crore compared to Rs 1.7 crore in the year ago period, the official said.

Kareena Kapoor, who is believed to be getting married to Saif soon and is looking forward to the release of the film 'Heroine', has paid an advance tax of Rs 2.20 crore compared to Rs 1.5 crore she did in the same period last year.

Actor Amitabh Bachchan, who will soon be celebrating his 70th birthday, paid Rs 5 crore against the Rs 1.4 crore he paid last year while his daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's outgo jumped to Rs 3 crore from Rs 1.1 crore, the official said.

Among personalities in the non-film category, master blaster Sachin Tendulkar paid an advance tax of Rs 2 crore in comparison to Rs 1.75 crore in the same period last year, the official added.

Salman Khan talks about Ek Tha Tiger, Dabangg 2 and Bigg Boss 6

Updated: Monday, September 17, 2012, 12:48 [IST]
Posted by: Puri

Despite making and breaking his own records by one hit after another, actor Salman Khan says that he is not setting any records as he believes in doing hard work which eventually results in good Box Office collections. Post his back-to-back hits - Dabangg (grossing Rs 215 crore), Ready (Rs 180 crore) and Bodyguard (Rs 230 crore), Ek Tha Tiger (Rs 198 crore) - not only the audience, but even producers are pining their hopes on doing a film with Salman.

"I am not setting any record. I work on something and give my best. Now that the shooting of Ek Tha Tiger is over I am concentrating on every shot of Dabangg 2. I do not think what the result will be, or what would be the TRP ratings of the show, or the Box Office result," Salman told PTI in an interview.

After hits like Wanted (2009), Dabangg (2010), Bodyguard (2011), his last release Ek Tha Tiger had the highest opening day ever with a collection of about Rs 32 crore. The film also created a new record for being the fastest Rs 100 crore earning film at the Box Office. "All I try to do is give my best at that given point of a time...on that shot. So, I give my best there and if that comes correctly then these things follow. If your work is appreciated then these things follow," he said.

The Dabangg Khan believes it is all about doing hard work as it yields results at the Box Office. "Like if I say a line which makes you laugh and now you are anticipating laughter you are not going to get it until and unless you say the line in a funny way. So basically, it is all about doing and enjoying your work to the best of your capability. If it is working today then good, but it may not work tomorrow," he said.

Meanwhile, after several seasons of reality show Bigg Boss showing contestants fighting and hurling abuses, the sixth season will be a "family" one, host Salman has promised. "I get to watch all the episodes including those things that we can't air on TV as it is completely messed up. We can show only certain things. So I know who is behaving in what way. Little fights and all people do enjoy, but when it goes overboard it's irritating," the actor said.

"People want to watch some nice things. And this time it will be a family show for the fact that we shifted it from 11 PM to 9 PM slot. As a channel, we try and put out as much decent things as we can," he added.

ThaNk yoU fOr the aRticleS😊