India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

|Salman@the TIGER of Khans| (Page 138)

Metis Viewbie
Metis
Metis

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 8:30pm | IP Logged
Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar to clash on Eid?
Agencies
September 28, 2012
Salman Khan
Buzz is that Bollywood stars Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar are planning to release their films on the same date. And it's none other than the Eid slot they have chosen for their respective films. Salman so far has had four consecutive Eid releases (hits) - Wanted (2009), Dabangg (2010), 
Bodyguard (2011) and Ek Tha Tiger (2012).

This year would be no exception for Sallu. Eid 2013 will see the superstar's next release. Akshay Kumar's gangster flick Once Upon A Time In Mumbai 2 is also expected to hit the screens on the same date.

Sources told Mid-Day that Salman Khan and his brother Sohail Khan have bought the rights for a South film, which they will now release on Eid next year.

"Salman has had an amazing track record with four back-to-back hits on Eid. The name of the South remake is being kept under wraps till a formal announcement is made", source told Mid-Day.

Will the two films eat into each other's business? Only time will tell.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sadffi

Metis Viewbie
Metis
Metis

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 8:31pm | IP Logged
'Salman Khan cannot be shown as a loser'
Rajiv Vijayakar, Bollywood Hungama
October 02, 2012

He has never been known to mince words, and tells it like it is. Salim Khan, the handsome son of a high-ranking police officer in Indore, came to Mumbai to act, did not become very successful despite some lead roles, and began writing films as he had a flair for it, beginning with the Ashok 
Kumar-Jeetendra-Mala Sinha's average success Do Bhai in 1970. In 1971, he teamed up with Javed Akhtar to form the cult Salim-Javed duo, that spun blockbusters like Haathi Mere Saathi, Seeta Aur Geeta, Zanjeer, Yaadon Ki Baraat, Deewaar, Sholay, Chacha Bhatija, Don, Trishul, Shaan, Kranti, Shaktiand Mr. India in the next 17 years. When his partner split with him, he continued solo for the next decade, writing films like Naam

Today, Salim Khan is busy writing articles, distributing movies and overseeing (officially or otherwise) the scripts of films starring his sons, including of course Salman Khan. In a candid conversation, the veteran writer, known for his no-nonsense stand on matters from cinema to everything else, speaks his mind. 

Today, along with the mainstream movies that do stupendous business, we have an eclectic bunch of different cinema like Gangs Of Wasseypur and Shanghai. What have you to say about this trend? 
I think that there are only two kinds of films - good and bad, or interesting and uninteresting! If a film is neither good nor bad, it is average - that is the only third kind. These labels like art cinema, offbeat cinema or parallel cinema are artificial. There is nothing like personal cinema. My guru, veteran filmmaker Mahesh Kaul would say, "If you want to make a statement or communicate an important message, the show should be houseful, and if you want to make a commercial movie, then the house should be full too!" 

My grouse with these filmmakers is that these worthies have been lured into this profession after watching the great works of actors like Raj Kapoor, Dev Anand and Dilip Kumar and filmmakers like V.Shantaram,Rajsaab again, Bimal Roy, Guru Dutt and S.Mukerji and now, after spending four years in some Indian or overseas film school, they suddenly turn apologetic about our own cinema and have contempt for it! 

Satyajit Ray has admitted on record that he could never have made Sholay. He was a great filmmaker and that's why he accepted the truth that a cinema different from his that was loved by the people across the nation was more difficult to make. But today, incapability is made into a virtue! I can understand someone making Haathi Mere Saathi or Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge and then saying that he would now like to make different, personal films, the way Guru Dutt made a Pyaasa after Aar Paar and Mr & Mrs 55. Gautam Buddha left his wealth and kingdom to become a faqir. These people are like those faqirs who sit outside places of worship - they do it because they have no choice! 

And in their highbrow attitude, they also forget the fact that all the films that are watched by all the strata of society also in effect run the houses of everyone down to the gatekeeper of a movie-hall and the man who sells popcorn to the audience! And they have this crab mentality of pulling such filmmakers down even when they do not get anywhere! 

This is the reason why I have great regards for Mahesh Bhatt, who when he signed me for Naam, had total conviction in my work and sensibility. Having made films likeArth and Saaransh, he told me that he would totally go by my script, and the result was there for all to see. Films are about teamwork, and direction begins where writing stops. For a director to make a mark, his screenplay writer has to be good too. 

Finally, these artificial classifications are there in India alone. Steven Spielberg will never run down films like Ben-Hur, My Fair Lady and The Godfather, which must have first attracted him to turn filmmaker. 

Apart from the blockbusters, have you been impressed by any films recently? 
Of course! As I said, there are only interesting films and uninteresting films. I loved A Wednesday, Chillar Party, Vicky Donor, Kahaani aur bhi filmein hai.

What do you have to say about the spectacular success of Ek Tha Tiger?
That contrary to what people think, its success is neither a fluke nor an ittefaq. I was the first to watch the film and it was so foolproof that I told them that it was a 110 percent hit! I was asked for my opinion and suggestions at that stage but there was nothing that needed modification. In fact, I was so confident about ETT that I came home and told Arbaaz (Khan) to hold selling the rights of Dabangg 2 till Ek Tha Tigerreleased as it would help get a better price. 

You are almost always involved in your children's films. Why is it that so far you have only been credited in just a couple of films? 
The tradition of script-doctors is very old in Hollywood, and it's when I get payment that I am officially credited! But I must stress that involvement is a misunderstood term. For me, 'involvement' is when the motive is good, and when it is for the betterment of a film. There is a different kind of involvement that is ego-based and selfish, which usually has a bad effect and is better called interference. Most intelligent actors always get involved in their films, including my son Salman. 

What is your own take on Salman Khan's unprecedented success streak more than 20 years after he began shooting for his first film Biwi Ho To Aisi on September 9, 1987? 
It was long overdue. I have always said that he had not delivered what he promised, or was capable of, till now. I always told him that he had to be serious and that the moment he became serious he would go where he is today. Salman always had it in him - he was credible in the fight sequences, could dance well, and was good at romance, comedy and drama. 

So why do you say that he was not serious? 
By that I mean that he took undue risks. There are so many times jab ussne dosti mein film kar li (accepted films to oblige friends), or did films because someone told him a sob story. He has done a record number of guest roles that did not save the films but added flops to his name, because the moment he came in for a cameo that needed a few days' work it was projected as a Salman Khan film, and that disappointed audiences. 

Post-Wanted and Dabangg, Salman Khan is more or less branded in a certain image. 
I do not see anything wrong in that. John Wayne spent a lifetime in one kind of role and became a legend, so did Clint Eastwood who when he experimented did not work. There is nothing wrong in capitalizing on one's strengths because audience expectations must be met. Helen was best at dance, Meena Kumari at a certain kind of role, and so also so many famous comedians. 

Today, with the kind of monies his films get in, their budget has gone up so much that you cannot take a chance. You cannot show him as a loser, a man who wants to commit suicide, or as a weakling. 

What would be your advice to your son at this point? 
I have always told him never to get excited with success or depressed with failure. Success is not a permanent phase, and everyone keeps growing older. Today, a Salman Khan film promises wholesome entertainment and he has to deliver each time. 

After writing for so many decades, how important do you think are scriptwriters? 
A film can be made without actors, shot without directors, but cannot be made without either raw stock (film) or writers! But when everyone watches a film and claps for the dialogues, they do not get to see the hundreds of pages that were torn and thrown away along the way! 

Why not write scripts today? 
I am writing for various publications on various topics including cinema, religion, politics and more. This takes care of my desire to write, while all my other activities do not allow the luxury of months of time and focus needed on doing a script. And today, I would rather be known as a good human being and a fair, honest person rather than a star writer.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sadffi-Gaganjot-

Metis Viewbie
Metis
Metis

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 8:31pm | IP Logged

Salman Khan's next Eid release is the remake of South hit 'Brindavanam'

Salman Khan loves southern masala! Making 'Brindavanam' remake for Eid release 2013
By ApunKaChoice
Thu, Oct 04, 2012 09:51:38 GMT

It seems like Rani Mukerji, Salman Khan too is fascinated with southern masala. The latest buzz is that Sohail Khan has plans to produce the remake of 2010 Telugu hit Brindavanam with his big bro Salman in lead. 

Recently, there were reports that Salman Khan and Sohail Khan are contemplating a south remake. Thus they apparently went on to buy the remake rights of Brindavanam, and just like Salman Khan and co. insisted Malayalam director Siddiqui to direct his Bodyguard in Hindi, reports say that the star and his brother are eager to have the Brindavanam director Vamsi Paidipally on board to don the director's cap for the Hindi remake. 

We hear that Salman Khan and Sohail Khan want to concentrate on this south remake, so that they can make a big dhamaka at box office on Eid next year. Though the buzz is that Priyanka Chopra is the favourite to play the leading role opposite Salman, we have no confirmation yet. Moreover, there would be two actresses romancing Sallu in the film. 

The movie Brindavanam actually had two female leads, played by Kajal Aggarwal and Samantha Ruth Prabhu. The hero of the film was Junior NTR, who played a millionaire, but also got to beat the baddies to pulp, a role that suits Salman to a T.

sadffi

Metis Viewbie
Metis
Metis

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 8:32pm | IP Logged
Salman Khan cancels shoot for Sridevi
Shalvi Mangaokar , Hindustan Times
Mumbai, October 02, 2012

Salman Khan is back on the small screen. And as he returns to host season six of the reality show Bigg Boss (BB, on Colors), he reiterates his promise that this time around, the daily prime time show will be a family-oriented one.
Salman Khan doesn't care much about attending film premieres. But the actor, who's currently juggling two shoots — one for Bigg Boss Season 6 at ND Studios in Karjat, and the other for Dabangg 2 in Satara — recently chose to make an exception.

Salman has given a thumbs up to attend the 
premiere of Sridevi's comeback film, English Vinglish. A close pal of the actor's filmmaker-husband Boney Kapoor, Salman even cancelled his shoot for the day to travel back to the city and make it to the red carpet event on October 4.

Salman and Boney go back a long way. They first teamed up for No Entry (2005), which was produced by the latter. 

The duo also worked together on Wanted (2009), which was one of the biggest hits of the year. 

In the past, Salman has also been paired with Sridevi in Chandra Mukhi (1993) and Chaand Ka Tukda (1993). Neither of the films did well at the box office.

A source reveals, "Keeping in mind his close friendship with Boney , Salman has cancelled one day of the shooting of his film to attend the premiere," adding, "English Vinglish is very important to Boney Kapoor himself as it marks the return of his superstar wife Sridevi into Bollywood after a hiatus of 15 years. Salman knows this and he will do what it takes to make it special for them."

Producer R Balki confirms the news. He says, "Boney Kapoor did invite Salman for the premiere and the good news is that he will be attending it."

sadffi-Gaganjot-

Metis Viewbie
Metis
Metis

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 8:33pm | IP Logged

Salman Khan's new business model!

VICKEY LALWANI, Mumbai Mirror Oct 3, 2012, 08.41AM IST
(Salman Khan More Pics )

The actor has come up with a new diktat - The producers of his films will now get a fixed remuneration like the rest, while Khan will get to keep the profits

Salman Khan, after back-to back blockbustersDabanggReadyBodyguard and Ek Tha Tiger, has somewhat become synonymous to 'success' as far as the box office is concerned. Needless to say, producers are ready to put up with the actors reported set of 'rules and regulations' - be it regarding the music directors, shoot schedule, time of reporting and also the heroine's costume. And TOI has learnt that Salman has added yet another rule to his ever expanding list. The actor has adopted a new business model wherein,the producers will receive a fixed remuneration amount (much like the cast and crew). This may vary from Rs 15-20 crore. And after paying for the production costs, Salman will get to keep the remaining amount to himself. According to sources, this new rule has been decided upon in the last week of September.

sadffi

Metis Viewbie
Metis
Metis

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 8:35pm | IP Logged

OVER THE YEARS: Salman Khan
16-Sep

From the boy next door to a bad boy and now someone who is being very human, here's tracing Salman Khan's eventful journey!

Boy next door (1988): Known to be experimental with his hair do... Salman Khan retained his long hair look for a number of films during late 80s and early 90s. Post he kissed stardom with his solo debut Maine Pyaar Kiya in 1989 followed by Baaghi, Sanam Bewafa and Pathar Ke Phool what so ever he ded became a thing to be followed by others. OVER THE YEARS: Salman Khan
Boy next door (1988): Known to be experimental with his hair do... Salman Khan retained his long hair look for a number of films during late 80s and early 90s. Post he kissed stardom with his solo debut Maine Pyaar Kiya in 1989 followed by Baaghi, Sanam Bewafa and Pathar Ke Phool what so ever he ded became a thing to be followed by others.

Six pack man (1994): His reluctance to wear shirts and his sculpted chest became a rage not just amongst the fans but also amongst his fellow actors in Bollywood. Many got inspired from his physique and his topless life size posters in girls
Six pack man (1994): His reluctance to wear shirts and his sculpted chest became a rage not just amongst the fans but also amongst his fellow actors in Bollywood. Many got inspired from his physique and his topless life size posters in girls' bedrooms and boys' gym became a usual sight. He was voted by People Magazine in 2004 as the 7th most good looking man in the world and the first in India.

Hair he comes (2003): Salman Khan
Hair he comes (2003): Salman Khan's Tere Naam hair do became a rage ever since the film released. So much so that it has made it to the list of top ten memorable hair styles in Bollywood according to an entertainment portal. Back then almost all salons had a big poster of Salman sporting the same hair do and a long queue of youngsters asking to get the similar cut.

Spike-r Salman (2005): From the long tresses falling on his eyes and blocking his sight, Salman opted to go for a spiked look. This look like all his other looks got him a thumbs up from style critics and may be because of this reason he sported this look for the longest time by keeping it short but styling it different for close to three years. OVER THE YEARS: Salman Khan
Spike-r Salman (2005): From the long tresses falling on his eyes and blocking his sight, Salman opted to go for a spiked look. This look like all his other looks got him a thumbs up from style critics and may be because of this reason he sported this look for the longest time by keeping it short but styling it different for close to three years.

Blonde ambition (2008): As he is known to experiment with his looks often... this time he shocked every one with his blonde look. Though this time he grew his hair and coloured them brown for his film Veer but he did not mind sporting the same look in real life. The look won maximum attention when the pictures of his spat with SRK ruled the media. OVER THE YEARS: Salman Khan
Blonde ambition (2008): As he is known to experiment with his looks often... this time he shocked every one with his blonde look. Though this time he grew his hair and coloured them brown for his film Veer but he did not mind sporting the same look in real life. The look won maximum attention when the pictures of his spat with SRK ruled the media.

Man with a Moustache (2010) : He brought back the moutache in Bollywood with his portrayal of a cop in 2010
Man with a Moustache (2010) : He brought back the moutache in Bollywood with his portrayal of a cop in 2010's blockbuster hit Dabangg. Though he called veteran actor Shatrughan Sinha as the inspiration behind his moustache but in reality he himself became inspiration for many who sported this look post him.

sadffi

ProudSushantian IF-Sizzlerz
ProudSushantian
ProudSushantian

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 10:57pm | IP Logged
Thnx Sri for sharing the articlesSmile

Metissadffi

Aleesha7777 IF-Dazzler
Aleesha7777
Aleesha7777