|Salman@the TIGER of Khans| - Page 87

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by sadffi

ThaNk yoU fOr the aRticleS😊

No problem. ðŸ˜ƒ

Salman emerges as 'tiger' among Bollywood on tax office too!

While Salman, Akshay, Katrina, Kareena, Saif, Sachin Tendulkar, the Big B and Aishwarya paid higher advanced tax during September quarter, Shah Rukh's tax outgot remained flat, while Aamir paid lower tax compared with same quarter last year 

Mumbai: After a string of Rs100 crore grossing films including 'Dabangg', 'Ready', 'Bodyguard' and 'Ek Tha Tiger', actor Salman Khan has emerged as the highest taxpayer from Bollywood during the September quarter, reports PTI.

Salman, 46, trumped all his peers and rivals from Bollywood by paying Rs8 crore inadvance tax as compared to the Rs5 crore in the same period a year ago, an income tax official told PTI.

Salman was last seen in romantic-action-thriller 'Ek Tha Tiger', which has clocked approximately Rs198 crore at the box office. The film's female lead and Salman's speculated former lady love in real life, Katrina Kaif, paid Rs2.60 crore compared to the year ago period's Rs1.70 crore.

Salman's bete noire Shah Rukh Khan, who has not had any big release this year as yet, had his tax outgo flat at Rs5 crore, the official said.

Among the other Khans, Aamir's fortunes seem to have been hurt by his mega reality show Satyamev Jayate, as he paid only Rs3.25 crore this September versus last year's Rs4.50 crore.

Saif Ali Khan, whose films 'Agent Vinod' and 'Cocktail' had varying responses at the box office, paid a tax of Rs3 crore compared to Rs1.7 crore in the year ago period, the official said.

Kareena Kapoor, who is rumoured to be marrying Saif soon, and is looking forward to the release of the film 'Heroine' has paid an advance tax of Rs2.20 crore compared to Rs1.5 crore she did in the same period last year.

Akshay Kumar, another big name in Bollywood, paid Rs7.5 crore advance tax incomparison to Rs5 crore he had paid last year during the same period.

Actor Amitabh Bachchan, who will soon be celebrating his 70th birthday, paid Rs5 crore against the Rs1.4 crore he paid last year while his daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's outgo jumped to Rs3 crore from Rs1.1 crore, the official said.

Big B, who was at one point of time at the brink of bankruptcy, has only had one release this year in 'Department' which was a box office failure.

Interestingly, Aishwarya has also been away from the silver screen since Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Guzaarish' released in 2010.

Meanwhile, master blaster Sachin Tendulkar paid an advance tax of Rs2 crore incomparison to Rs1.75 crore in the same period last year, the official said.

Apart from B-town celebrities, high profile lawyers also had fortunes with Zia Mody emerging the highest with a September quarter payment at Rs3 crore versus the Rs2 crore in the year ago.

Senior counsel Fali Nariman (Rs1.80 crore versus last year's Rs2.10 crore) and corporate lawyer Cyril Shroff (Rs1 crore versus Rs1.10 crore) saw a decline in their tax outgoes, the official added.

Advance tax is a system of staggered payment of tax liabilities and is payable every quarter, based on estimated profits.

Salman Khan: BIGG BOSS Season 6 to be a family show

By glamsham.com editorial | Glamsham â€“ 13 hours ago
By Glamsham Editorial

COLORS, one of India's leading Hindi General Entertainment Channels today announced the launch of the new edition of its blockbuster reality show - Bigg Boss Season6 'Alag Che' (Different) that makes it apt for cohesive viewing for the entire family. Keeping the strategic shift in content and treatment, the show will be aired daily at 9pm, from Sunday to Monday starting October 7, 2012 as a wholesome family entertainer with Salman Khan delivering a parivarik punch.

Speaking on the 'alag' factor this season, Salman Khan said, "Bigg Boss Season6 will connect with the whole family this time - there will be a lot of fun while watching the 'nok-jhonk' between housemates. Just like every happy family that has different strokes for different folks, Bigg Boss' house will also have 'alag' personalities, along with their quirks and eccentricities. So be ready with your family members to watch these new twists and turns, whether sitting on the couch or while you're at your dinner table."

Commenting on the launch of the show, Raj Nayak, CEO - COLORS said, "If 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' is Dancing with the Stars, Bigg Boss is Camping with the Stars. Every season we bring something innovative to the show and to add, to the twist this season, we have opened the doors of the Bigg Boss house to 'aam aadmi'. Giving them direct access to celebrities and their lifestyles, they will get a chance to rub shoulders with them and emerge as stars in their own right thereafter."

Speaking about the host of the show Salman Khan, who will be seen at the helm of things, he said, "Salman Khan has a universal appeal - he is loved by everybody from a 7 year old to a 70-year old. So we are now bringing your favorite star to your living room every week in an 'alag' avatar."

With a tag line that promises to be 'Alag Che', this season will be unlike any season before in more than one way! Bringing in a new set of rules, surprises and elements, Bigg Boss Season6 comes with a philosophy of keeping it clean and entertaining to ensure maximum fun for the entire family. Any housemates that violate Bigg Boss' rules will be reprimanded to the PANIC ROOM, which is yet another 'alag' element this season.

Giving the audience something more to talk about, Bigg Boss Season6 - 'Alag Che' will not just be about celebrities who will enter Bigg Boss but also welcome with open arms, an 'aam aadmi'. This will give the viewers an opportunity to experience in the Bigg Boss house from a common-man's perspective! Making this season 'alag' from the previous ones, Bigg Boss will have two charming houseguests - a fish and a talking parrot to give company to the housemates. Combining all this with the raw energy, intensity and an affable Salman Khan, this season guarantees to take over dinner table conversations and make people, sit, watch and talk about the Bigg Boss!

Adding further, Manisha Sharma, Weekend Programming Head, COLORS said, "This season, Bigg Boss will be the perfect mix of emotion, drama, fun and entertainment. However, what won't be changing is the fact that the contestants will be devoid of what we consider normal in everyday life - a phone, the TV, a wall clock etc and their reactions to being away from all that they consider dear will cause pressure cooker situations which will be interesting to watch. Evolving to exotic beings with the parrot and the fish this year, we hope the show will be a perfect blend of the common man's views and stars with their starry tantrums".

Talking about the new season, Deepak Dhar, Managing Director, Endemol India said, "We have always thrived to innovate and raise the bar. Season after season Bigg Boss has been the talk of town and to maintain the same amount of fanfare we have incorporated a gamut of innovations and new ideas based on our observations and learning from the Bigg Brother Format world over. With the inclusion of the common man in the Bigg Boss House, we will present a wholesome family entertainer to the viewers."

Produced by Endemol India Private Limited, Bigg Boss presents the unique combination of reality and real, unscripted drama. It is the ultimate reality show where celebrities from different walks of life are locked in a house, for 90 days - with 63 cameras following their every little move 24x7 and Bigg Boss, the ultimate authority in the house who ensures that their stay is anything but comfortable. With this season going cleaner, the Bigg Boss house might just seem a little saner!

Salman Khan's silver jubilee in Bollywood

Published: September 20, 2012

The 47-year-old actor has emerged as the highest taxpayer in Bollywood forking out INR80 million. PHOTO: FILE

Salman Khan completes his 25 years of success in Bollywood in 2012. Salman, son of legendary writer Salim Khan, has come a long way since the time he debuted in JK Bihari's Biwi Ho To Aisiin 1987. Though the supporting role itself did not give him the fame he deserved, his next release Maine Pyar Kiya broke all box office records that year.

He continued his success in the box office with romantic flicks such asBaaghi (1990), Sanam Bewafa (1991) and Pathar Ke Phool (1991). Although the actor went through some ups and downs over the years, he managed to make a name in Bollywood, nonetheless.

'Dabangg Khan' is not only a great actor but also a playboy and one of the most eligible bachelors of B-town. He had his fair share of relationships and break-ups with top actors of the industry, be it Miss India beauty pageant 1980 Sangeeta Bijlani or actor Somy Ali. And for that matter, how can anyone forget the beautiful Aishwarya Rai Bachchan or Katrina Kaif.

Apart from all this, Salman has proved to be a kind-hearted celebrity, so much so, he also started up his own NGO, Being Human.

Some of his other timeless blockbusters include: Hum Aapke Hain KaunKaran ArjunBiwi No. 1Hum Dil De Chuke SanamTere NaamMujse Shaadi KarogePartner and Wanted. And, of course, how can we forget his latest 100 crore movies like ReadyDabangg,Bodyguard and Ek Tha Tiger.

The 47-year-old actor has also emerged as the highest taxpayer in Bollywood forking out INR80 million for the September quarter, reports the Press Trust of India.

One of his co-stars, actor Kareena Kapoor says the industry is incomplete without him. "I think we all are big fans of Salman and he has been my and Karisma's co-star. I am really happy with his 25 years because this industry is incomplete without Salman," the 31-year-old said.

His upcoming projects include Dabaang 2Kick and Sher Khan.

Published in The Express Tribune, September 20th, 2012.

Salman Khan attends screening of Kareena's Heroine with veteran actresses

Updated: Thursday, September 20, 2012, 15:46 [IST]
Posted by: Puri

Madhur Bhandarkar held a special screening of his upcoming film Heroine starring Kareena Kapoor. The screening was specially arranged for superstar Salman Khan, Salman's family and veteran actresses. The screening of Heroine, produced by UTV Motion Pictures and Bhandarkar Entertainment, was held at Ketnav in Mumbai.

Madhur Bhandarkar's wife Renu played the perfect hostess at the special screening of her husband's latest film Heroine. Veteran actresses like, Asha Parekh, Sadhana, Waheeda Rehman, Shammi Aunty were there to watch the film. Also, Salman Khan's father Salim Khan, his mother Salma Khan, step mother Helen and sister Alvira Khan (married to actor/ filmmaker Atul Agnihitri) also attended the special screening of the movie. Interestingly, Salman's ex-girlfriend also accompanied Salman and his family to the screening.

Heroine is the story of an actress and her journey towards stardom. It is said that the movie is based on the real life incidents of Bollywood actors. The movie stars Kareena Kapoor in the lead role.

Salman Khan: 'I don't want to live the life of a star'

Published Thursday, Sep 20 2012, 5:44am EDT | By Priya Joshi |

PA Images

Salman Khan has said he doesn't enjoy the trappings that come with stardom. 

In an interview with The Times of India, the Ek Tha Tiger actor said that while he has a close connection with his fans, he would prefer to live a simpler life.

"I am one guy who doesn't want to live the life of a star. I want to eat, enjoy with my friends and travel around - I don't want the trappings that come with being a star," he explained.

"Yes, it feels wonderful to see so much of people appreciating my work. I think it's the way I speak that acts as a bond with people. I am honest and I speak from my heart. That's why I connect with people."

Khan, who has been working in films for over 20 years, said that while he watches a broad range of movies, he prefers the action genre. 

"Yes, I do watch a lot of films," he said. "I watch two/three films in a week. There was a time when I used to watch two/three films in a day. There are times when I don't have time to watch films because of my hectic shooting schedules. But then I make a list of films to watch. I love watching back-to-back films. 

"Right now, I have two films to watch - one is an action flick and the other is a rom com. If there's a rona-dhona kind of film, I might just postpone watching it. However I must say that the same could be a nice film in the end. But my first choice is action."

The 46-year-old actor, who has broken box office records with recent releases such as Dabanggand Ek Tha Tiger, said he is content with his life, though his relationship status is still very much 'single'.

"The present is fine," he commented. "So, I am happy. You never know what life has in store for you. I am trying to be as right as I can be but then I don't know when I will slip and it might go all wrong. 

"Relationships just happen without any plans. Right now, no relationships for me."
Thanks a ton for the articles😊

Kareena, A God Sent Angel!

September 21st

An angel was born, Kareena Kapoor 

She is known for her incredible acting skills, mesmerizing looks, amazing fashion sense and a lot more. She is also said to be a gem of a person and all that makes her the heartthrob of the nation.

Kareena FC team has organized a Birthday Thread. 

Would like all of you to come wish her. Enjoy the party and have fun with us.